diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird

I just want to express my appreciation for the perfectly set up head tracking limits with the helos. No clipping through the windscreen or canopy spars, no funky weirdness it just works silky smooth :D SFM feels very familiar, was able to jump right in and go with the flow with my regular practice routines, even able to autorotate to a landing after clipping my skids on a radio tower. Feels most similar to the ACE2 MH6 FM albiet with a quicker control response. I like it.

Aside from the GAU-19 missing sounds that were mentioned before, the only other weird thing I found was that trying to use countermeasures plays a weird sound file and after they run out the chopper repeatedly plays a reloading sound.

Edited by Machineabuse
spelling error

New mod v0.0.0.1-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Diesel5187 , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Hey guys, absolutely great mod you have here thought I would share a picture with you guys of after an operation.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=457176337

Few things I noticed.

Its hard to engage targets effectively with both guns and rockets, switching from rockets to guns can be a real pain, maybe you could add a scroll menu for the rockets to change the fire selection.

Also a little later down the line with would be nice if we could have the option to choose in the loadout menu weather the 'ghetto sight' is on the Littlebird, it works well however it would be nice to add one that doesn't have one for times when you take Hellfire missiles etc.

Will you allow re-textures and possibly release the textures for the little-bird?

Its hard to engage targets effectively with both guns and rockets, switching from rockets to guns can be a real pain, maybe you could add a scroll menu for the rockets to change the fire selection.

Since a couple of Arma Updates you are able to select types of weapons with keycommands.

While for infantry this is configurable in the control menu, its not there yet for the vehicles. But you can assign those commands in the Arma 3 Profile textfile.

Dslyecxi made a video about it with the guide in the description.

Hope it helps.

Not more entries for User Actions... :yay:

GAU19 sound broken with ARMA3 update

Yep, GAU19 no longer have sounds :(

Also I have question, could you change m134 to be less accurate, AH-9 in arma have same problem imo, you can use it like sniperrifle.

Edited by Przemro

Mabe display the rpm then minigun is shooting at.

Hey, awsome mod!

I have a config of a GAU-19B i used in one of my mods. It also includes mags and .50 cal HEIAP ammo with tracers on every round and also IR tracer rounds (12.7mm Armor-Piercing-Incendiary-Tracer, Mk 300 Mod 0).

And the dispersion of the gun is already altered to useful values...

If you have any use, feel free to take it!

http://pastebin.com/fen6pZDU

Greez...

Hey, do you guys think you will have the 50 cal sounds fixed for the weekend?(if not that's fine) but really wanna use it for the weekend =)

Edited by maxedeson

Can you add this to CAS /Zeus as soon as possible ,to get feedback on how ot works in the intended settings/and missions and if you will,make a change to "fly-in height" ,to be able to set a Very Very Low Altitude Strafing Run and add it in meters.

And possible add a "Set Speed" slider.That is,if the modmaker can add such a feature for his addon in the Zeus programming.

Edited by Teddybear1

Thank you for the feedback! We really haven't worked on the AFM so we're glad that it's at least somewhat usable :D

Keep an eye out for future updates!

Btw, do you allready have a bug report for the floating issue or do you need more informations about it? If you need somebody to do some investigation, I could take a look also.

Did you guys maybe think of adding a hiddenselection to the tail number section, so units with fixed fleet can adjust the tailnumbers to their needs?

Still loving it.

Btw, do you allready have a bug report for the floating issue or do you need more informations about it? If you need somebody to do some investigation, I could take a look also.

Did you guys maybe think of adding a hiddenselection to the tail number section, so units with fixed fleet can adjust the tailnumbers to their needs?

Still loving it.

We are aware of the Floating issue we are trying to work towards a AFM stable fix but at this time the AFM isnt High on our priority's

As for the Tail numbers this is something I belive is planned down the line but Requires a few other things To be Created First

@Teddybear1 i will look into a zeus CAS module may take me some time

Glad to hear.

I may be misinformed or stuff was changed, but doesnt the pilot in command normaly sit in the right seat of the cockpit? Because this way he can let go of the collective to manipulate the CDU and the other toggle switches. Let go of the cyclic wouldnt be the best move. Any plans to change that, or will you keep it that way that all LB pilots won't have to readjust from the vanilla MH-9?

Best regards

I live only a few miles away from Ft. Campbell Ky. and see these ''little dragons'' buzz over the house everyday, I was looking into porting these over myself and am gald to see a competent team do it! And, if these are based upon the 160th LB's then the controls are a mirror of the blackhawk, either the left or right pilot can pilot the bird, doesn't matter which seat your in. i know this is also a rrequest that is wayy "jumping the gun" in this early stage, but do you think it possible somewhere down the road to add the small boom arm that folds into these things, for fast roping,/lowering supplyboxes? and btw, the accuracy is as realistic as i could imagine it, if anything, the missles are extremely inaccurate and off-zero'd. that fix, would be a purposeful and well earned fix for a recent update in my opinion. Thank You for this gift

Glad to hear.

I may be misinformed or stuff was changed, but doesnt the pilot in command normaly sit in the right seat of the cockpit? Because this way he can let go of the collective to manipulate the CDU and the other toggle switches. Let go of the cyclic wouldnt be the best move. Any plans to change that, or will you keep it that way that all LB pilots won't have to readjust from the vanilla MH-9?

Best regards

The MD500/MD530 series the H-6/MH-6 is based on puts the pilot on the left side of the pit. It's easier to lean over to look out the door over while keeping a hand on the collective. Helos built built to work with hoists favor left side pilot placement for the same reason with the hoist located on the corresponding side.

Usually you can tell which is the pilot side from the location of the tail rotor.

Hey, do you guys think you will have the 50 cal sounds fixed for the weekend?(if not that's fine) but really wanna use it for the weekend =)

The sound issue is fixed on our current build, we are further polishing the assets to release a more complete build for the public.

Still loving it.

We are aware of the floating issue, tail numbers are a work in progress, we know of a few real world numbers, now it is just a matter of implementation.

I live only a few miles away from Ft. Campbell Ky. and see these ''little dragons'' buzz over the house everyday, I was looking into porting these over myself and am gald to see a competent team do it! And, if these are based upon the 160th LB's then the controls are a mirror of the blackhawk, either the left or right pilot can pilot the bird, doesn't matter which seat your in. i know this is also a rrequest that is wayy "jumping the gun" in this early stage, but do you think it possible somewhere down the road to add the small boom arm that folds into these things, for fast roping,/lowering supplyboxes? and btw, the accuracy is as realistic as i could imagine it, if anything, the missles are extremely inaccurate and off-zero'd. that fix, would be a purposeful and well earned fix for a recent update in my opinion. Thank You for this gift

You are right, left or right seat have full control of the bird, but as it is in Arma, we had to name one pilot and the other copilot.

Through our research, we have not found the "boom arm", if you provide us with real world pictures we can consider it. As far as the arms for fast roping, that is still in discussion since Arma does not have vanilla fast roping.

sykoCrazy aimed the barrels of each weapon to coincide with the real world variant, and thus the direction of the bullets leaving the muzzle, unfortunately, this doesn't work for the missiles as well so in turn the aim point was off. Trust me when I tell you this is not something we overlooked but the actual problem was that sykoCrazy, the artist that he is, is focused on putting as much real world detail as he possibly can! The rockets are accurate, you just have to remember to aim just low of the grease pen reticle we have. We are working on a fix though.

Glad to hear.

Best regards

The MD500/MD530 series the H-6/MH-6 is based on puts the pilot on the left side of the pit. It's easier to lean over to look out the door over while keeping a hand on the collective. Helos built built to work with hoists favor left side pilot placement for the same reason with the hoist located on the corresponding side.

Usually you can tell which is the pilot side from the location of the tail rotor.

"in special military version helicopters, the pilot’s seat is on the right side." Also, all US Army helicopter are meant to flown by 2 pilots, in case one has better view or whatever might be the case, he or she is the one that takes control of the aircraft.

This is true for all military helicopters that i know of, we'll talk it over to see if we do the corresponding modifications.

Edited by Diesel5187

Not really. It has more to do with the aerodynamic design. The 206 has it's TR on the left but is designed to have the right side be the primary. Same with the -53 and H-3. I think for the last 40+ years, every US military helo has had the hoist on the right side with the intent of the right side pilot being the primary.

Honestly, I think the single-biggest reason the west puts the primary pilot on the right side is because that's how Igor did it.

The mod is great guys, enjoying it and the plans you have sound good.

I noticed you were looking for more reference material so I thought I would post a link that may be of use if you're not already familiar with it https://instagram.com/160th_soar/

I´m amazed by the quality of this addon! Amazing work, keep up the good work!

Honestly, I think the single-biggest reason the west puts the primary pilot on the right side is because that's how Igor did it.

Must be helluva annoying for US rotary pilots to sit on the right in helos and sit on the left in their cars ;)

Must be helluva annoying for US rotary pilots to sit on the right in helos and sit on the left in their cars ;)

Eh, it's not that big a deal. New guys will struggle flying in the left seat on wider airframes initially, but they get over it. Jumping into the a car is no issue, the bigger issue is jumping back and forth between the right and left seat in the helo and some of the instruments and switches move. That's probably the main issue I have.

Could you incorporate a menu that thro`smoke and maybe a grenade ,too?Ir-grenades,like movie Black Hawk Down?FFV`s? Maybe ,even a Box inside with a M-60.v7 ?

Btw,this goes strait into A3 Main Folder,right? No,Config or such,when it`s ready:confused:

I don't know what exactly, if anything, how the flight model for this is different from the vanilla little bird, but damn this thing flies great. I feel like i can land her almost anywhere with no stress. Still loving this guys !

I don't know what exactly, if anything, how the flight model for this is different from the vanilla little bird, but damn this thing flies great. I feel like i can land her almost anywhere with no stress. Still loving this guys !

Thank you our Intention with Flight model is to make it as Realistic in arma But also Try and keep it as fun as possible {Personally my self i love Flying this Around Its just Good fun}