diesel5187

[MELB] Mission Enhanced Little Bird

Well i wanted to bring some light on the Stingers. It says dismissed but in the Wkik Link. It shows x2 Stinger Missiles. Possibility of 1x M320 also that is listed.

Thank you for the suggestions.

We've looked at the Stingers and really tried to find good sources to confirm their modern day use in the AH-6. We did find that they were used in test flights and in some missions on the "C" and "E" variants back in the 80s and early 90s. A good guess is that since they rarely fight directly against other nations, they won't run into air targets, so there's no need to use Stingers. And if they have intel that hints at enemy air activity they'll either try to avoid them entirely, send in a bigger helicopter(AH-1, AH-64) or call in the Air Force. But in Arma you can always have fun killing an enemy helicopter with the GAU-19 :D

Now, for the 30mm. CFD International mounted a 30mm gun onto an AH-6 to see what happened. If you don't care about aiming, the gun works perfectly! You'd probably need the Apache's TADS and a whole new mounting system on the littlebird to aim that thing properly. Or rely completely on luck.

Of course, if anyone has any solid information about any of these weapons being used currently please contact us immediately :D

Dude, I love this bird!!! I LOLed when i saw the crosshairs!

Couple o' bugs:

1- the m134 burst modes don't change in the UI.

2- FLIR has no info, feel free to use the UI in my mod!

3- When using NVGs the airspeed indicator and the VVI are way to bright to read properly, same for the attitude indicator.

Congrats guys!

Can't say how much we appreciate your help! Yeah all of those things should be in the known bugs list. Numbers 1 and 3 will be fixed by the next update. We'll probably have your UI as a placeholder for No.2 while we work on our version of it :D

Thanks again! Glad you're enjoying it!

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

[/url]

What am i looking for here?

Quick question about Scout Helicopters like the Pawnee in arma and your littlebird, why do the guns face directly forward and they dont aim at one spot directly? Shouldnt the 2 guns on the sides be align to fire to a single spot? Currently theres like 2 parallels lines lets say if u do a full strafe with ur guns which makes really hard to shoot targets smaller than a vehicle or is it just how arma does it?

Quick question about Scout Helicopters like the Pawnee in arma and your littlebird, why do the guns face directly forward and they dont aim at one spot directly? Shouldnt the 2 guns on the sides be align to fire to a single spot? Currently theres like 2 parallels lines lets say if u do a full strafe with ur guns which makes really hard to shoot targets smaller than a vehicle or is it just how arma does it?

Although we're working to make the mininguns better, they are supposed to be parallel like that. Lets say you set them to converge at 500m for example, after that the 2 streams would diverge and aiming would become very, very difficult. Ultimately the secret to aiming those guns is precise rudder pedal input. So if you want to be the best gun pilot out there, invest on some pedals :D

30 mm cannon model

I see the confusion. That big thing is a gun pod for a .50 cal, you can also attach 3 rockets to the bottom of it. Here's a document from MD Helicopters describing the equipment(page 8) http://www.mdhelicopters.com/v2/530g-include/md530g-missionequip.pdf

Love the new Birds!

Will there be a PiP display so that the pilot can see, what the CoPilot looks at?

Would be really cool!

Since you have already have the displays, they only need a function to fold them up!

(Yeah it´s a lot of work, but i think they would be worth it...would be a very nice feature)

Love the new Birds!

Will there be a PiP display so that the pilot can see, what the CoPilot looks at?

Would be really cool!

Since you have already have the displays, they only need a function to fold them up!

(Yeah it´s a lot of work, but i think they would be worth it...would be a very nice feature)

Thanks!

The functionality is there :D Set a hotkey for helicopter gear up and down to fold/unfold the screen and change modes.

Thank you for the epic release! It would be amazing if you found a way to add FFV for Pilot and Copilot just like they did in Black Hawk Down.

Thank you for the suggestions.

We've looked at the Stingers and really tried to find good sources to confirm their modern day use in the AH-6. We did find that they were used in test flights and in some missions on the "C" and "E" variants back in the 80s and early 90s. A good guess is that since they rarely fight directly against other nations, they won't run into air targets, so there's no need to use Stingers. And if they have intel that hints at enemy air activity they'll either try to avoid them entirely, send in a bigger helicopter(AH-1, AH-64) or call in the Air Force. But in Arma you can always have fun killing an enemy helicopter with the GAU-19 :D

Now, for the 30mm. CFD International mounted a 30mm gun onto an AH-6 to see what happened. If you don't care about aiming, the gun works perfectly! You'd probably need the Apache's TADS and a whole new mounting system on the littlebird to aim that thing properly. Or rely completely on luck.

Of course, if anyone has any solid information about any of these weapons being used currently please contact us immediately :D

Yeah i see where your coming from on that. This is supposed to be a light helicopter not a full fledged attack helo. That video is crazy i cant believe that didn't bring that helicopter down it was rocking so bad.

Little win here.

Bugs fixed:

Fixed FLIR UI - thanks KIMI!

Fixed M134 fire modes

Modified M134 bullet dispersion

Probably can't happen due to arma, but I'll give it a shot and hope for the best. Could we get an MD 530 and be able to do what the guys do in the linked video?

(Standing on the skids)

It's very possible, you just need to create an animation for the character being standing and make it look right. Whether we do it or not depends on if it looks right. lol

I submitted a bug report but is anyone else getting this? http://i.imgur.com/MLWlXDS.png

No other addons used.

Yes one thing that was mentioned on the DISCUSSIONS thread and not here is that the Advanced Flight Model isn't implemented yet. So it is very much broken at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback!

I would like to congratulate him for the work done so far in this fantastic aircraft.

We look forward for the next news and updates.

Congratulations!

Well... I gave this mod a very eagerly awaited test flight. My verdict... Holy hell. This is stunning work. The attention to detail, the way it flies, the way the matte black paint texture looks, the cockpit, wow. Really this is an amazing piece of work. And whats crazy is its alpha. This thing feels really polished even taking into account some of the bugs previously mentioned. Well done guys. Looking for future updates to this mod. Its now a mainstay in my collection and just became my groups primary air asset.

I tried it yesterday evening to reinsert dead players on the frontline, low altitude flying and landing between buildings under AK's fire, it was great ! Can't wait for a HMD for armed versions :p

Great job , nice to see some proper modern LB in the game :)

btw the GAU-19 is missing his sound - only what i hear is the clicks heh

About the Advanced Flying model - you could use the default A3 AH/MH9 flying models for that and then maybe slightly modify them to the actual AH/MH6s

also for the LR-30 cannon , i would say go for it - since because of fun and the real AH6 is able to use it

Edited by RobertHammer

Any possibility that you will add FFV function for the co-pilot?

(Never mind it being a Kiowa.)

With a preset key, that would be great :P

No guarantees, but we are looking into it, more info as it becomes available, great idea!

Hope you can get that working. Any way to stop the flashing of the Collision lights into the cockpit? Is running well btw with 20 person operation.