Sign in to follow this  
Drakedge

What do you get when you cross VTS / MCC / Zues / ACE / TFAR?

You get the drakedge2000 / ST8 server.

Hey everyone,

I have posted something similar to this before but I wanted to rehash this a little bit as we're going in for another season of activity here. With out further delay let's start with the basics:

What you need to know...

What is it? It is a dynamic live sand box RPG / relaxed milsim campaign game that evolves and reacts live to the players actions or inactions. There is always a live game master during the sessions that is directing the AI movement. Who has a good deal of DND GM experience, along with a military background, it allows for some fairly realistic scenarios.

Steam Group: D2K Awesome Possum Club This is where the majority of the magic happens. The event calendar is the best way for you to keep informed of future games. The discussion boards are a great way to suggest new features.

Server time frame: Weekends mostly, Friday / Sat / Sun - keep an eye on the event calendar to plan ahead.

Mods: The mods for the server are tied neatly into a little pack that is easily downloaded, and installed. I am presently finishing up the latest version of this mod pack and should have it ready well in advance of the first game session. Check this part of the thread again in the near future for the mod pack to be put in place.

Teamspeak Teamspeak info is found in the steam group, under discussions. It is pretty self explanatory from there.

Age Requirements Where as we don't really limit the age of folks that CAN play with us, we do limit the level of maturity that can play with us. If you think it is funny to drop a grenade at the feet of a bunch of friends during a brief, than this is not the place for you to play and you will find yourself quickly and irrevocably banned. In order to officially join the unit though you need to be 16+

Youtube You are welcome to record videos / live stream while playing on the server.

Here's an older recruitment video that I made up, which I will be making another one soon as some of the mods have been changed but you will get the idea really.

Current mods being built into the mod pack:

http://www.nexusmods.com/arma3/mods/3/?

ACE3

TFAR

MCC

ALiVE

Blastcore-A3-Pheonix

Blastcore-Tracers

Bornholm (potentially left out of pack, and made for manual download debating this)

CBA A3

Tactical Bears (cause beards are epic)

TRYK

CUP (big debate, 1gig or leave it out, version 11 has it left out for now)

As of the marksman DLC I don't feel that weapons packs are / needed / however, I do like the Community Upgrade Project, and as such will potentially use that one.

Looking for a GM for an event? I would happily GM for other milsim / gaming groups from time to time. Just give me a post or the details, perhaps a synopsis of the scenario yall were thinking about and I will run from there.

Sorry for the long post, here's a potato03085543-87de-47ab-a4eb-58e7e39d022e-620x372.jpeg

Edited by Drakedge

Added the link to the mod pack, the next game is THIS Friday June 5th 2015 at 6 PM EST (GMT-5) 1800 for you military types. Please check the steam group and note your interest in joining as the first operation will be limited in numbers /scope.

Launching a game session now if you want to play add me on steam, same name.