GrumpyRhino

[WIP] Medium Utility Helicopters

Awesome work, it exactly what we've been searching that also has AFM support! I have one question for you if you do that mind, was it hard to get vanilla AFMs working correctly, does it rely on specific memory points?

It's not that, they're just not loading up into the game. I'm unzipping the .rar with 7-Zip, do I need to use a different program?

7-Zip should be fine. Try to follow the install instructions on the Armaholic page.

Awesome work, it exactly what we've been searching that also has AFM support! I have one question for you if you do that mind, was it hard to get vanilla AFMs working correctly, does it rely on specific memory points?

You need to add a memory point to the model. This memory point appears to be what the AFM gets "attached" to. Getting the memory point placed at the right spot can be a little tricky. If the memory point is in the wrong position, the helicopter might sink into the ground, or appear to be still in the air, while the AFM treats it like it is already on the ground.

Each of the Arma 3 flight models require a different placement of the memory point(at least the ones I have tried).

Update:

Hueys.

I replaced the dropbox file with an updated version. Even though there are more helicopters, the file is smaller. I removed some unused files that were taking up place, they might be added back later if they are going to be used.

To aim the rockets you must activate the HUD. The HUD requires the helicopter to be level to be accurate. Banking or sideways moving makes the pilot(you) move a little bit in the seat, causing the HUD to be off target.

Download link:

Medium Utility Helicopters 0.2

You need to add a memory point to the model. This memory point appears to be what the AFM gets "attached" to. Getting the memory point placed at the right spot can be a little tricky. If the memory point is in the wrong position, the helicopter might sink into the ground, or appear to be still in the air, while the AFM treats it like it is already on the ground.

Each of the Arma 3 flight models require a different placement of the memory point(at least the ones I have tried).

Is it just one memory point specific for RotorLib?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great, but and hiddenselections?

It was supposed to be working, but it seems I made a mistake somewhere. I'll put it on top of my list of things to fix.

I got them working, and they're sweet, but the cockpit gauges don't work

If you mean the AFM gauges, you need to turn them on in the advanced flight model options.

Is it just one memory point specific for RotorLib?

I thought I would need some kind of memory points for each rotorblade, but I only added one single memory point named "rtd_center".

But as the helicopters are ported from TKOH, the origin of the AFM, they might already contain stuff needed for AFM.

I replaced the original TKOH rotorblades with the old ones from the previous huey mod. I couldn't get the new ones to work proberly. This doesn't seem to affect the AFM at all.

Thank you for updating the links.:)

Ehy GrumpyRhino, sorry if I ask again, but I don't undetstand if you will add new type of chopper or just add a new models of the heli you already released. Thanks again for your job!

Ehy GrumpyRhino, sorry if I ask again, but I don't undetstand if you will add new type of chopper or just add a new models of the heli you already released. Thanks again for your job!

Sorry SFOD-D_SNAKEBITE, I forgot to give you an answer. Helicopters in this mod will all be variants of the medium helicopter. I was considering other helicopters as well(Black Hawk and Mil Mi-8 from Arma 2), but I don't have time for more than huey-lookalikes at the moment.

There is a lot of RPT errors about OFP2_ManSkeleton, example:

19:03:14 Error: Bone neck_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

You need to add at least dummy definitions as far as I know.

Sorry SFOD-D_SNAKEBITE, I forgot to give you an answer. Helicopters in this mod will all be variants of the medium helicopter. I was considering other helicopters as well(Black Hawk and Mil Mi-8 from Arma 2), but I don't have time for more than huey-lookalikes at the moment.

No problem, thanks for your answer. I think however if you will do a Blackhawk of US Coast Guard will be nice, and also a rescue/emergency version for the Mi-8. However nice job for your new project and for the huey pack. Love them. Keep the good job! :)

There is a lot of RPT errors about OFP2_ManSkeleton, example:

19:03:14 Error: Bone neck_l doesn't exist in skeleton OFP2_ManSkeleton

You need to add at least dummy definitions as far as I know.

I plan to change all animations into Arma 3 animations. That ought to fix all the animation issues. I just need to adjust the flight-stick and memory positions to fit the Arma 3 animations.

There is too little progress to make an update, but things are still moving forward.:)

Looking really nice, your helis have been very helpful in our units training program. Would love to see Merlin from you one day, or at least a proper physics to it as the current one is pretty bad. 

Looking really nice, your helis have been very helpful in our units training program. Would love to see Merlin from you one day, or at least a proper physics to it as the current one is pretty bad. 

123C46A455924236683AD9A6932BE221DB379E23

There will be two versions of the AW101 "Merlin".

- Unarmed version with FFV positions.

- Armed version with 50. cal on the ramp and MK48 lmg's in the doors.

The armed version will have its doors and ramp stuck in open position. I couldn't make it work otherwise.

• Like 7

mmm... multiple early UH-1, Mi-8 and a Merlin in one package? Yes please!  B)

The UH-1 in particular will come in handy when deltahawk releases his 80-90s infantry!

Let's hope its not another asset for Life Mod... (they have already got enough)

Btw: Fantastic release! Take on Helicopters was my inspiration to join this community. I also agree with the author, BI are STILL selling DLC Hinds and is fairy new. So it wouldn't be wise to unbinarize that.

Each time I think the mod is ready for release, I run into another bug.

I am, however, running out of time for modding, so the mod will be released this friday no matter what. I'll fix as many bugs as possible, but there will be some things that will need to be fixed in the coming months.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDwPde1k2Fo

• Like 1