Sign in to follow this  
opec666

Dungeon Generator

Dungeons v0.5.8

Addon required: xCam_EU.pbo (636 kb, included in download)

Steam workshop page

Zip download - includes addon xCam_EU.pbo, its bikey, and the mission PBO.

Generate unique dungeons on the fly. Cells are 100m^2. Currently featuring three to-be-expanded maps, with more in the works:

- Caverns

- Trenches

- Arena

Featuring TvT (40/40/40/1 slots) action currently. The tiles change color according to which faction is closest to it. Upon being killed you will respawn in a random tile that belongs to your faction. The single civilian slot is for the Smoke Monster.

Will be adding COOP (with DAC) and RPG modes soon.

I included instructions (readme.txt) and a template mission folder for using (the full version) X-Cam in the editor. To make a new "map", you need only generate a minimum of one design for each of the five possible shapes: closed (1 shared edge), adjacent (2), straight (2), tri (3), and quad (4).

Edited by opec666
updated to v0.5.8

Video not available in Germany because of the music, may contain music from SME.

Would this work on Chernarus to create a compound ? it looks awesome.

Would this work on Chernarus to create a compound ? it looks awesome.

Yes! I just worked on making it map-agnostic, and added parameters for choosing the exact grid coordinate you want it to begin in. I tried it out quickly with the A2OA Desert map.

http://i.imgur.com/YjP5g5B.jpg (283 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/2RseWBE.jpg (318 kB)

Next up: nailing down rules so there's no open connections left anywhere.

After that: more designing in x-cam.

I know it will really start to shine once I add more than a single design for all five shape types!

Yes! I just worked on making it map-agnostic, and added parameters for choosing the exact grid coordinate you want it to begin in. I tried it out quickly with the A2OA Desert map.

You just made my day :)

Let me know if you need any testers, i have a spare server and free time, good luck Opec, this is something specal.

I assume this is not AI friendly ;)

But never the less: looks impressive

I assume this is not AI friendly ;)

But never the less: looks impressive

That remains to be seen. I haven't gotten to testing that thoroughly yet.

I've uploaded a new version (check the OP). Here's a video showing off a preliminary version of "Caverns" in the Smoke Monster slot:

I have tons of work to do on fleshing out various game modes and adding new maps and possibilities to existing maps.

great job

but i currently dont see where the usefulnes for ArmA is in this

great job

but i currently dont see where the usefulnes for ArmA is in this

Where's your imagination? Today I threw together a version of our group's Dynamic Attack & Defend TvT mission to incorporate the caverns dungeon. The attackers were flanking the other team by going underground.

In reality it was building everything far off the coast of Altis and had corresponding coordinates for everything under the defending team's objective.

i currently dont see where the usefulnes for ArmA is in this

you lack imagination

Cool stuff. I am a great fan of the spacehulk board game and in Left 4 Dead somebody made already a mod for it:

I could imagine happening something like that in the arma world with this stuff.

Curious to see if some fanatasy brains can figure something nice for this. Maybe Taliban caves :)

I did some testing with AI. Soon after spawning they would walk right through structures and get stuck inside of them.

Very disappointing. Still, maybe I can make a nice RPG game with static NPC's.

http://imgur.com/a/XEJEn

Here's all that's done so far for the new Sealand. I hope to get at least four more presets done tomorrow so there's less repetition.

With this map I've have better luck with AI by spawning them solo into their own group and with no waypoint.

I still kick this thing around when I get the chance. Now (knock on wood) I think I have gotten the logic nailed down so the auto-generate sequence makes everything 100% correctly, every time.

There's been a few changes in the level design. And I've introduced bridges, connecting to nearby land. I look forward to dressing up the bridge with lights and checkpoints, then on to using other new expansion objects in making more cells, and polishing out the cells already in.

http://imgur.com/a/aWvpy

This is pretty cool !  How does the AI deal with these areas ?

They can walk around on all the surfaces and spawn alright. But they walk through objects such as railings, which were painstakingly placed to try and stop that. Static emplacements work fine for defending from vehicular attacks.

EDIT: new bridges to land added. all automatic!

http://imgur.com/a/Jmelz

Tossed in a railway, trains, debris, and central structures to the bridges.

Started work on an interface to control light colors and brightness. I have much to learn when it comes to UI.

Gonna re-think what the central cells should finally be like, and use special objects/arrangements that will be tied to gameplay (infrastructure, prison cells, command decks, underwater research, etc). More interfaces for those elements might be required.

• Like 1

At the request of a friend, I threw together a very rudimentary seadoo race course using the collision-less vr wall object. Might work on this some more later, make it a more zig-zaggy fun course, with zany mario cart gimmicks.

Steam workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=755048984

b31cfdb925.png

b0e0e66101.png

a8ae21eb81.jpg

d5f4dc31b5.jpg

• Like 1

The work goes on! Playable release is coming "soon". :)

• Like 1