Thank you for this mod and your assistance.

Bug report:

If you put an backpack that does not exist on the players back with that function. The player is stuck with the slowwalk and is not able to drop the imagiary backpack to get his normal speed back.

This might be an erros when mass using this script on players.

[player,backpack player,backpackItems player] call Zade_BOC_FNC_AddChestBackpack;

removeBackpack player;

player addBackpack "ACE_NonSteerableParachute";

player addweapon "ACE_Altimeter";

Btw. That script is very handy for making paradrop ready soldiers out of anyone with a fully loaded backpack.

Edited by Bumgie
  • Like 1

Thanks for this cool mod. Works really great for the most part, though there is one small issue: it doesn't work if you have a backpack in your backpack.

Sometime we use a huge backpack on the back and put a smaller one in it (e.g. the Remote Designators from the Marksman DLC, or the UAV Pack with the Darter). Now if you put the huge backpack on your chest for HAHO, and afterwards back on your back, the smaller one will be gone. Is it possible to fix this bug?

• Like 1

Looks like this addon breaks ACE3 functionality. You cannot use Maptools when you run Arma3 with it.

ACE3 maptool works fine for me while running Zade's Backack on Chest. Maybe another mod causes the issue for you?

ACE3 maptool works fine for me while running Zade's Backack on Chest. Maybe another mod causes the issue for you?

My fault, sorry. Probably, problem in my mod pack.

I tried to use this mod as a server side but it didnt worked at all due to keys issue.Can someone help me with that. I downloaded the mod from Armaholic

Will this mod ever be made to work without Ace3? Maybe make it work with a hot key? It looks like it's the best mod for it's intended purpose.

Zade, I tried out ACE3 just to give this mod a go. Both addons are awesome!  ACE3 has added new functionality to Arma. And BOC works perfect but only in SP for me.  This is my only problem. I can't seem to get it to work in MP. 

The only mods I'm using are:  CBA (latest version), ACE3 (latest version), BOC v.21, mas (NATO, Spetsnaz weapons) and AIA terrain.

The script I'm using in the unit init is:

addedBackpack = [player,"B_Kitbag_rgr"["SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellGreen","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit"]] call Zade_BOC_FNC_AddChestBackpack; .

I've tried putting "true," in between the last brackets like in other examples I've seen but nothing changed. I also removed the unessential mods one at a time. Nothing changed.  Any help from anyone would be great!  I just want to get this to work in MP!  I'm fairly new to mission making but not a complete noob, only partly lol.

Armaholic does not have the key included. And the dropbox link seems dead.

Zade, I tried out ACE3 just to give this mod a go. Both addons are awesome!  ACE3 has added new functionality to Arma. And BOC works perfect but only in SP for me.  This is my only problem. I can't seem to get it to work in MP. 

The only mods I'm using are:  CBA (latest version), ACE3 (latest version), BOC v.21, mas (NATO, Spetsnaz weapons) and AIA terrain.

The script I'm using in the unit init is:

addedBackpack = [player,"B_Kitbag_rgr"["SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellGreen","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit"]] call Zade_BOC_FNC_AddChestBackpack; .

I've tried putting "true," in between the last brackets like in other examples I've seen but nothing changed. I also removed the unessential mods one at a time. Nothing changed.  Any help from anyone would be great!  I just want to get this to work in MP!  I'm fairly new to mission making but not a complete noob, only partly lol.

There is comma missing

addedBackpack = [player,"B_Kitbag_rgr",["SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellGreen","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit","FirstAidKit"]] call Zade_BOC_FNC_AddChestBackpack;

I have just had to remove the mod from our pack, as it caused a SERIOUS bug, when the mod is enabled, we were unable to respawn, our games froze up, and arma crashed, we had ace3, rhs, cba and a couple other mods enabled also, but after some testing, the bug was from this mod. In Detail - When were are on the respawn menu, or click respawn in a multilayer game, the countdown would start for our respawn, but when the actually clicked the respawn button, our games froze and crashed. 

Hope you can get this fixed as its a great mod 

Thanks nemesisre. That was one of the problems. I spoke with Zade and he suggested changing "player" to "this" and that did the trick.  I wanted to share that incase anyone else ran into that problem.

Would you allow me to make a pull request to port this directly into ace 3?

• Like 1

Mod have JIP problems. When you put backpack on chest and reconnect, you cannot put it on back anymore. It stucks on chest.

Would you allow me to make a pull request to port this directly into ace 3?

already received an answer?

I am searching for a "move backpack on chest" as a script version... Somebody got a hot tip for me? As long as it is not written into ACE 3.

Thx.

Mod have JIP problems. When you put backpack on chest and reconnect, you cannot put it on back anymore. It stucks on chest.

Im running into same problem worked fine upon server start up, but after respawn function was no longer there, seems this function of putting back packs on chest so one can halo w/ his equipment is a huge issue for the engine, as i just got this to replace fsf since it decided it didnt' want to work at all since latest patch...  Great mod liked the ace integration but seems unreliable atm

Edit: upon further investigation found its a bug/glitch if you die w/ backpack in front position you respawn w/ it invisible, w/ no effect on movement.  You have no option to put it on back or move a back pack to chest.  However  I did find that if you put a pack on or respawn w/ a backpack already on simply drop it on the ground and then check action menu you should now have option to put backpack on chest even though "technically" you don't have one, it will load your backpack you had on front upon death back into the inventory slot which then resets function of the mod.  tested thoroughly and the glitch happens every time you die w/ pack on chest however the work around works every time as well so one doesn't need to d/c and r/c seems info gets stored when moving to chest position and doesn't reset upon death.

Hello Zade i have a problem i cant get the mod working with out a server key will it be possible for you to make one? and send me a link

• Like 1

On 18.12.2016 at 2:56 AM, xivid said:

Hey Zade!

Will there be an update soon?

Yes XiviD, Right now.

After over a year I finally got myself to work on the mod again and get it to a state where I don't have to be ashamed of it. :) 

Update 1.0 :woot:

This Update will include a lot of improvments although the user wont notice a lot of them. 
The whole system is now a lot more stable. Some small bugs were fixed and stuff like partially full magazines are now taken into account.
There are new modules and a lot of functions for the mission creators out there. :)

Documentation: https://github.com/DerZade/BackpackOnChest/wiki
Github: https://github.com/DerZade/BackpackOnChest
Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=820924072

Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28838

PlayWith6: http://withsix.com/p/Arma-3/mods/Dw_gW6YuI0KbuTzShn1VWQ/backpack-on-chest-mod

• Like 6

Hi Zade. We use your mod ever since it exists. But what we now start to notice is that backpack put in backpacks are not being saved. I've been dashing through your code but since you know it like the back of your hand I figured it would be easier to just tell you here.

On a next update, can you check if you can fix this issue.

This code snippet could help you in the right direction:

(unitBackpack myguy) addBackpackCargoGlobal ["myextrabackpack_classname",1];

Obvious question:

Why are you putting a backpack in a backpack!?

Answer:

Simple, When parachuting into the AO you take a large backpack with all your junk. You want to use a smaller pack to take what you need for an assault and leave you large backpack in your harbour area.