UPDATET to v0.21

While testing we had some issues when loading more mods then CBA,ACE and ZADE_BOC. D:

Should be fixed now. Have fun :D

This is an awesome addition to the Arma world. I'm curious as to if its possible to have a bag (front carry slot) specifically made (one 3D design) to carry third party bags rather than flipping the actual third bag to front side. Mainly for cosmetic reasons.

This is an awesome addition to the Arma world. I'm curious as to if its possible to have a bag (front carry slot) specifically made (one 3D design) to carry third party bags rather than flipping the actual third bag to front side. Mainly for cosmetic reasons.

I thought about that already but it would be a lot of work and like u said "Mainly for cosmetic reasons.". In addition the mod would be a lot bigger and maybe it wouldn't be so easy to implementet it to ACE3 afterwords.

For now lets just say : It will probably be implemented, but after all other stuff was made, because first I want to provide the functionality and after that I can care about cosmetic stuff.

UPDATET to v0.21

While testing we had some issues when loading more mods then CBA,ACE and ZADE_BOC. D:

Should be fixed now. Have fun :D

What kind if issues specifically? We have implemented this into our modpack which consists of a fair few mods. We had an issue with TFR assigning the radios incorrectly but we thought it was the gear script that the mission maker used, just checking its not this mod?

What kind if issues specifically? We have implemented this into our modpack which consists of a fair few mods. We had an issue with TFR assigning the radios incorrectly but we thought it was the gear script that the mission maker used, just checking its not this mod?

The only issue we experienced: The action "Backpack on Chest" wasn't assigned to the player. (described in post #23)

You shoudn't have any Issues with other mods.

No not yet but I could implement a function for it in one of the next versions. Thanks for the idea

Awesome, can't wait, designing a mission where you and a couple ai's parachute in and I want them to bring backpacks with them as well, if this feature was implemented would they be able to move it back afterwards?

Awesome, can't wait, designing a mission where you and a couple ai's parachute in and I want them to bring backpacks with them as well, if this feature was implemented would they be able to move it back afterwards?

The functions are already implemented (see here).

Of course they are able to move it back. It's like he would have put a backpack on his chest himself.

Normally it's working for me too, but thanks for the report.

I will take a look.

I dont get the option in my self interact menu. Not sure why?

EDIT: the functions to add a backpack onto a player work. Just not getting the option in the self interact menu in the equipment tab.

Edited by SuperFastBlast

damn. i cant see the option in Ace? Does it work with all backpack? even the one coming from mods?

Very nice addon. Good job!

I've also found an issue though: The frontal backpack disappears after opening the parachute and reappears again once the unit has landed. :confused:

Found a bug: http://i.imgur.com/UFbj4Ss.png

In prone position backpack stands vertical instead of to be horizontal.

Yeah It isn't really a bug it isn't just configured yet. Thats one of my final goals to fix this and to improve the whole attachment.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

I dont get the option in my self interact menu. Not sure why?

EDIT: the functions to add a backpack onto a player work. Just not getting the option in the self interact menu in the equipment tab.

I thought this bug was fixed. The initialization isn't working sometimes. I'll take a look again, hope I will find that bug soon.

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

damn. i cant see the option in Ace? Does it work with all backpack? even the one coming from mods?

Yeah it should work with all mods and backpacks. If you don't get the action the mod didn't initialize, just restart the mission and it should work, I will fix that asap.

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

Thanks for the compliment. :D

Thats because the Parachute counts as a vehicle and the backpack is beeing detached when the player enters a vehicle. (It would cause bugs at the moment)

I will improve this in later versions but for now its just fine. First I want to make sure that everything fundamental is working.

Sorry how do you use the code for the editor, I tried the Example but it gave an error..

Edit

Nevermind I fixed it there was an extra comma in the example

Edited by FuzionFire

Sorry how do you use the code for the editor, I tried the Example but it gave an error..

Try this one:

[player,"B_Kitbag_mcamo",["MineDetector"]] call Zade_BOC_FNC_AddChestBackpack;

EDIT:

nvm it dind't show up your edit. -_-

Edited by DerZade

Will this mod ever be made to work without Ace3? Maybe make it work with a hot key? It looks like it's the best mod for it's intended purpose.

Will this mod ever be made to work without Ace3? Maybe make it work with a hot key? It looks like it's the best mod for it's intended purpose.

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't have any plans to make a standalone version at the Moment.

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't have any plans to make a standalone version at the Moment.

How about a Script version? :D

Thank you.

Backpack-On-Chest seems to work very reliable. I like it. I think its good that you decided to go with ACE3 integration.

Any plans for including a function to lower the backpack on a lower-line, maybe with the ingame ropes? For this

Anyway, thank you.

Best regards

How about a Script version? :D

Not at the moment. I will stay with the mod-version. Maybe after the mod Is completely finished.

Edited by DerZade

Thank you.

Backpack-On-Chest seems to work very reliable. I like it. I think its good that you decided to go with ACE3 integration.

Any plans for including a function to lower the backpack on a lower-line, maybe with the ingame ropes? For this

Anyway, thank you.

Best regards

Thanks for the compliment :D

I planed attaching the backpack to the player while he is parachuting, but I don't know how I will solve this.

Thats one solution I thought about already.

If I will solve it this way, I will use ropes of course.

Greetings Jonas

Where are the server keys?

Atleast the PWS version had the serverkey included.

Anyways. Can someone tell me if this function Zade_BOC_FNC_AddChestBackpack can add also other things than items into the backpack. Because according to this documentation it can only put items inside it. Or has it been misdocumented?

Atleast the PWS version had the serverkey included.

Anyways. Can someone tell me if this function Zade_BOC_FNC_AddChestBackpack can add also other things than items into the backpack. Because according to this documentation it can only put items inside it. Or has it been misdocumented?

You can add weapons and magazines with this function, too. It's makes no difference because "addItemToBackpack" doesn't care wheatear the classname is a Item, weapon or a magazine.