Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

What is your favorite newly released game?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Oct. 09 2002,04:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you do a "full install" ??

I had problems too whenever he needed to get some sound from the CD.  If you have a slow CD ROM ( it s not cause it says 52x or 56x that its a fast one ) or a DVD then you re likely to experience the same problem, everytime the commentator says a thing it looks on CD thus slows down the game.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, i did a full install, and I turned off the color comentary after playing one game, because the guy's voice makes me sick. I'm going to check out the EASports tech forums to see if there's anything that can get my frame rates up to normal.

-=Die Alive=-

i just got Hitman 2, though its strange, when i play it, it doesn't feel as if im a hitman, it feels more like im playing as a CIA agent. and whats the deal w/ this one guy these the folks at lo-interactive have for? the guy waring the goofy boxer shorts and is always seen getting into some kinda interrorgation/tortor/interrorgation involving truth serium??

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Oct. 09 2002,05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i just got Hitman 2, though its strange, when i play it, it doesn't feel as if im a hitman, it feels more like im playing as a CIA agent. and whats the deal w/ this one guy these the folks at lo-interactive have for? the guy waring the goofy boxer shorts and is always seen getting into some kinda interrorgation/tortor/interrorgation involving truth serium??<span id='postcolor'>

What level are you talking about?

its the mission ware you have to assinate the 3rd corrupt russian general and he's interorgating the CIA agent that was in the first hitman, he was waring the stars and stripes boxers. now im on the mission ware i have to kill the head of the japanese mob. though they seem to have very fancy hardware for a organized crime syndicate. the only cons in the game that i don't like are that no longer are there bullet holes in the people you shoot, in the first one when a bullet hits you or a enemy theres a little red hole ware ever the bullet hits (thought it was kinda neat to see what they looked like when i riddled them w/ bullets) that and the blood effects need improvement, a little pea shooter like the 9mm tends to make globs of gore come flowing out same w/ the crossbow matter of fact there probaly shouldn't be any blood from a crossbow (that and i think they should have made it ware you could see the arrow sticking out of your enemies or in a wall) than when up close its you shoot somebody in the neck or head and sometimes they just won't buy the farm, sometimes it takes half a clip from a surpressed weapon to do one in queitly.

The minigun in the first hitman game was one of the best miniguuns if used in games biggrin.gif

Hasn`t anyone played "the thing" yet.I got a lend of the PS2 version of it and ddidnt think it was too bad maybe making the change from one of ur team to the thing a bit more realistic than pre-scripted so theres a better suspense element.To sum it up quickly it played a bit like a cross between hitman and silent hill.

I need to play UT2003 a bit more to get an opinion on it so i may have something to say about that later.

My favorite right now is NBA 2K3 for PS2. I am really forward to GTA Vice City. I hated Hitman 1 after 30 min. of gameplay, but so far the demo seems decent. I think Raven Shield is going to top my list whenever it comes out.

America's Army is taking up alot of my online time, it's an awesome game.

I loved the first Hitman as I could look past the difficulty factor, so I'll snatch up Hitman 2 when I get the chance.

But when Mechwarrior Merc's and GTA-VC is released I'll be very happy.

what about the option: NONE?

I think no game right now is worth purchasing since there has not been a single revolutionary idea put into them. Maybe a bit creativity but that is about it...thanks..wait for the next ones.

Wow Albert you cinical smile.gif I just finished NOLF2 and it's amazing. Everything that was great about the 1st is even better in the second. The new Lilitech Jupiter engine is the first engine I've ever seen that actually let's the emotions of the charactors come through. Watching a cut scene is amazing because you can see the emotion through the face. Gameplay is topnotch and the humor is great. This series has to have the best voice acting. I highly recommend it to anyone.

COLINMAN

I played the demo and I must admit it realy is funny. I was hiding behind a corner and heard those female ninja guards talking about where to go shopping next. But that again is a tunnel game. You dont have the freedom to do what you want...you must follow the intended pattern or you are not advancing.

Well mine will probably be Deadly Dozen 2 and Medal of Honor Spearhead which should come out soon. smile.gif

Well, it's not a pC game, but Hunter:The Reckoning (X-Pox) is pretty awesome.

A friend of mine bought it a few weeks back, and we've played multi...he has a sweet setup with a high definition projector, so we play on a "screen" almost 10 feet wide.

Can't wait for Splinter Cell. Loved Thief but wished it had guns, loved Metal Gear Solid 2 but wished I wasn't dragged into a 10 minute conversation every 5 seconds. Splinter Cell sounds like the perfect combination, and with awesome lighting to boot

im eagerly awaiting GTA: Vice City, only about 7 or so more days till it comes out

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 23 2002,15:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can't wait for Splinter Cell. Loved Thief but wished it had guns, loved Metal Gear Solid 2 but wished I wasn't dragged into a 10 minute conversation every 5 seconds. Splinter Cell sounds like the perfect combination, and with awesome lighting to boot<span id='postcolor'>

Is it a PC game?

PC , Xbox , Ps2 and i believe Gamecube 2

Im going to buy splinter cell for the xbox smile.gif

the dev guy on their forum says that the only two that are actually in development are XBox and PC (they'll probably start working on ports as soon as 2003 rolls around). XBox SC will come out in November and supposedly the PC version will be out in time for Christams shopping (think early December). Ive also heard that the PC version's graphics might be scaled down to cater to gamers with lower scale machines- I don't have anything to confirm that though.

Edit: incidentally, I own both platforms, so I'm not too concerned. Im most likely going to grab it for XBox because it looks so incredibly cool that I can't wait to play it.

Can't wait for Quake4! wow.gifwink.gif

Never heard of all these games...Hitman2, Splinter Cell, Mafia...and what's NOLF2 all about!? Must be some wierd American Games. wink.gifsmile.gif

Some other good games:

Quake3Areana

NeedForSpeed - Porsche 2000

Colin McRae Rally2 (I know it's old, but I still think it's brilliant!wink.gif

Waterman. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Oct. 23 2002,02:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I played the demo and I must admit it realy is funny. I was hiding behind a corner and heard those female ninja guards talking about where to go shopping next. But that again is a tunnel game. You dont have the freedom to do what you want...you must follow the intended pattern or you are not advancing.<span id='postcolor'>

Well not every game is an open format. I don't mind being in a linear game. It's like a movie and your the star. It will be a long time before we have a true open format because the ai would have to be at a level that the dev won't have to predict the players actions. And from a design point of view it would be a crazy cost because every area would have to modelled in detail b/c the player might go there. Imagine a game where the street is lined by buildings. If you could go into every building then everything would have to be modelled and textured, etc. That's a lot of dev time/money/effort for an area that has nothing to do with the story. Also by being linear the story can be tighter and more interesting.

Also the gameplay is pretty open. You can sneak around or go at it guns ablazing. The only anoying stealth level is in Idia because the police are looking for you and you can't kill them.

COLINMAN