Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

What is your favorite newly released game?

Mine would have to be Hitman 2 Because:

That's the only recently released game

Excellent gameplay

Good Graphics

Fun Missions

The only thing that bothers me are the VERY frequent crashes in it, but the gameplay makes up for it.

OPFlash doesnt count in the poll.

BTW, I have absolutely no idea why a mod closed one of my threads I recently made, it was in Offtopic, and they said that Off Topic is for military discussions. Well look at the other threads that have nothing to do with military stuff, Shadow!  tounge.gif  mad.gif

I didnt know the new Combat Mission was out! BTW, does anyone else with HM2 get lots of crashes? confused.gif

Sniper ware do you live? i didn't know Hitman 2 is out. its out in europe isn't it? well so far my favorites are a tie between Warcraft III and Neverwinter Nights (those are the newest games thats been released from ware i live)

Well, I bought NHL 2003 on Friday, and I'm not too pleased with it.  I was playing the EA sports NHL series since, I think, 1994, and every year, they'd make the graphics a bit better, or add some feature.  I didn't buy NHL 2002 (last years) because I heard you needed a "good" computer to play it, and I didn't have one then so I just played with NHL 2001 for an extra year.  It doesn't matter, since I was playing a franchise so after 8 seasons, teams were messed up anyways.  

So when I got my new P4 2.2, GF 4 4400 and 512 Mb ram, I thought I could play this new installment of NHL 2003 no problem.  haha, I start out with Max GFX settings, and the thing is a slide show.  Fine, I turn off some of the crowd detail and it's still poor fps.  I turn down the player details, still poor.  I put everything at 50%, and only then it's playable, but I still get poor fps when an line change icon pops up during play.  The box says Min requirements are PII 350 with 64mb Ram anda 16Mb vid card.

I think I'll put away this game for a few months, maybe until after the super bowl, I'm still very much playing Madden 2003 (with MAX gfx settings with no problems at all) where the play is much slower (god I hate all the button pressing in NHL, Madden is so much a slower/thinking man's game).

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 09 2002,01:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I live in Canada, where do u live?<span id='postcolor'>

i live at astabula county Ohio its up in the North East corner of the state, im about a 20 min drive from Lake Erie.

LOL, I hate it when games come out saying they don't need high specs *cough, SOF2, cough*, that just purely annoys me, since I expect a game to be playable (20+ FPS) and it isnt. I plan to get NOLF2 once I beat Hitman 2 (and the crashes)  wink.gif

Specifically, I live in Pickering, Ontario, just a little to west of Toronto. Games come out here a day later than in major US cities. smile.gif

The reason I am not touching Hitman 2, is because the commercial they made looks lame (47 running around taking assault rifle hits like they were mosquito bites), and I couldn't even get the HM2 demo to work. I installed, then opened it up, and kept getting some stupid error that crashed it before the game could even load up lol

In a month or so my new favorite game will be the MOHAA addon. smile.gif The newest game I have right now is Resistance, adn its pretty good also. biggrin.gif

Red Oct, WOW, you live pretty close to me, I live in Lake county

Wait, so Hitman 2 IS out?

nice its great to know that there are some people on this forum that at least live in or close to my time zone smile.gif anyway i should ad that my new favorit game will be the soon to be released late this month GTA Vice City.

Mafia!!!!!

What a great game. I was totally blown away with the story line and my involvement with the mob.

Graphics, sound, all top notch. A must have.

Could very well get game of the year.

BTW....I also got Grand Theft Auto III. It was one game I took back to the store and demanded my money back.

I couldn't believe all the hype and reviews about gta.

Mafia, is what gtaIII wished it could be.

SirLoins, I REALLY wanna get mafia, that games looks so damn amazing, cant believe i missed it! Is it better than NOLF2? Oh yeah, thats the same reaction I got when I bought GTA3! LOL!

DOR, I said that Resistance doesnt count as one of the newest games, Its from July! If its the newest game you have, that fine.

NOLF?confused.gif Never played, but just finished Mafia the other night.

Almost 2 weeks of playing. Really worth getting.

The ending almost brought a tear to my eye. I won't spoil it for you.

Only problem, is no MP, yet.

I'm also doing Hitman2, enjoyed HM1, but it had it's problems.

HM2 seems much better, only in 3rd mission.

Hopefully I'll be able go pick up NOLF2 this weekend. And later on this month I'll be buying CFS3, I just heard it went gold this week.

But the game that I've been burning all my time on lately though is Civilization 3. I went to Best Buy to pick up a new game called Strategic Command, but they didn't have it. I had the war/sim bug on me so I figured I'd give Civ 3 a go.

I was amazed, it was nothing like I thought it would be. I had a blast. Though I would recommend if you buy it to go out and download the maps of our world. Makes it more fun imo.

Now I've come to find out there is an expansion coming out so I'll definately be picking that up. I also liked the fact that you don't have to win by war. You can get a diplomatic victory by being elected to head the U.N., or you can build a spaceship and if your the first to launch it off you win as well. Anyways, give it a go if you have some money to burn, its worth it.

Can anyone here recommend a good PC gaming website?

Ever since Gamespot sold-out, I havent bothered looking around for new games on the net, I guess I've been out of the loop for a while. I'm just hearing about CFS3 now. wow.gif

Looks like I'll be picking it up.

Tyler

My Favourite new game is Medieval:Total War. I just really like the large battles, and the empire managing is good too.

Remember, the first person to say BF1942 DIES! mad.gif  wink.gif

One of my friedns talked me into renting it from the video shop to have a go at it, and it was worse than I thought. There was only 2 thing I liked about, some of the maps were pretty cool and it has ships.

Besides that, I found nearly everything in BF1942 in dire straights. And for ships, this below should give OFP the upper hand when it is releasedKiev smile.gif

America's Army. Reason : No hassle MP and some addictive maps.

UT2003 : For it s total lack on realism (sometimes a welcome change ) and the bots

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Oct. 09 2002,01:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, I bought NHL 2003 on Friday, and I'm not too pleased with it.  I was playing the EA sports NHL series since, I think, 1994, and every year, they'd make the graphics a bit better, or add some feature.  I didn't buy NHL 2002 (last years) because I heard you needed a "good" computer to play it, and I didn't have one then so I just played with NHL 2001 for an extra year.  It doesn't matter, since I was playing a franchise so after 8 seasons, teams were messed up anyways.  

So when I got my new P4 2.2, GF 4 4400 and 512 Mb ram, I thought I could play this new installment of NHL 2003 no problem.  haha, I start out with Max GFX settings, and the thing is a slide show.  Fine, I turn off some of the crowd detail and it's still poor fps.  I turn down the player details, still poor.  I put everything at 50%, and only then it's playable, but I still get poor fps when an line change icon pops up during play.  The box says Min requirements are PII 350 with 64mb Ram anda 16Mb vid card.

I think I'll put away this game for a few months, maybe until after the super bowl, I'm still very much playing Madden 2003 (with MAX gfx settings with no problems at all) where the play is much slower (god I hate all the button pressing in NHL, Madden is so much a slower/thinking man's game).

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Did you do a "full install" ??

I had problems too whenever he needed to get some sound from the CD. If you have a slow CD ROM ( it s not cause it says 52x or 56x that its a fast one ) or a DVD then you re likely to experience the same problem, everytime the commentator says a thing it looks on CD thus slows down the game.

Hope that s the prob.

With your specs i would be very amazed that you can t play it GFX maxed !

Cheers

Medieval: Total War,

for it´s perfect "armchair General" feeling and brilliant strategy system. The last game that got me as deeply involved was OFP.

Games i´m looking forward too and that havn´t been released yet;

SWAT: Urban Justice

Steel Beasts II

Raven Shield

Lock On: Modern Air Combat

Combat Flight Simulator 3

Falcon V

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Oct. 08 2002,02:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The reason I am not touching Hitman 2, is because the commercial they made looks lame (47 running around taking assault rifle hits like they were mosquito bites), and I couldn't even get the HM2 demo to work. I installed, then opened it up, and kept getting some stupid error that crashed it before the game could even load up lol<span id='postcolor'>

*sigh*

Just try to accept that not all games can be überrealistic please.

I have Hitman 2 for Ps2 and i really like it it's a great game, I'm now in the mission where you start in the sewers, you have to find an agent and save him. I think that's mission 3 in St Petersburg. If anyone needs help, just ask, ps2 and pc version are almost the same.

I also like BF1942, just for fun...

Here are some good games:

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon: Desert Siege

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder

Delta Force: Task Force Dagger

Soon Raven Shield will be on the list.