Sign in to follow this  
TFAltdanthomas

NEED HELP with some trigger issues regarding isserver command

Ive been creating an EOD mission using ALIVE that is giving me some problems regarding the isserver command. wondering if anyone could help a brother out?

Here is the issue. I have a mine placed through the editor and named it ied_1. The goal is to have the team deactivate the mine and to get a message using a trigger with the next 6 digit grid for the next mine to show. heres where i have my issue. the trigger is set up like this.

activation is for Bluefor

Once

condition- !mineActive eod1

On activation hint "IED has been deactivated, move to grid 027033 for next IED mission";deletevehicle EOD1;

and I will get that message no problem when i am hosting the game but it will not show up for anyone else, nor is it allowing anyone else with a toolkit to deactivate it. So i thought that i might need the isServer command in the condition field but to no avail. so i put isserver;!mineActive eod1; in the condition and get an error message. I am not a script guy by any means and ive spent hours trying to fix this issue.

So if anyone could help me out please let me know. you can comment here or contact me on steam though the name LTdanthomas or LTgunnerkitty its one of the two.

thanks for any help.

~lt

[...]

I have a mine placed through the editor and named it ied_1

[...]

activation is for Bluefor

Once

condition- !mineActive eod1

On activation hint "IED has been deactivated, move to grid 027033 for next IED mission";deletevehicle EOD1;

and I will get that message no problem when i am hosting the game but it will not show up for anyone else, nor is it allowing anyone else with a toolkit to deactivate it.

[...]

Hey there,

first of all, if your mine is called 'ied_1' , then you should reference it correctly when checking if it is active - in the condition of your trigger you're checking an object with a different name.

I'd recommend you read the community wiki entry on triggers.

Note that the trigger activation you've specified isn't used, since your condition field does not contain an additional 'this' to include it.

From what you posted, the trigger should activate as expected if '!mineActive eod1' returns true - as I mentioned before, you might have referenced the wrong object here.

As for people not seeing the hint message: assuming that the trigger actives correctly, I can't tell why the hint wouldn't show for the other players. Note that hint is local both in it's arguments and it's effects. Try one of the chat options like systemChat that allow global variables - although I don't see how this should be the problem with hint, I can't think of any other cause.