Sign in to follow this  
spad

Dune Mod for OFP/CWA

I hope to have finish soon a small mod in the DUNE univers of Franck Herbert.

The story will take place on the planet Arrakis during the begining of the Dune novel

There will be atreides, harkonnen fremen and sardaukar troops with vehicles, new map with new building of course

and a campaign with custom sounds

if only the sky could be change in OFP i would have put a red one and a second moon but apparently it is impossible without alterate the original data.pbo

so, if you like big desert area , this mod is for you

enjoy !!

• Like 1

Looks nice. More sci-fi stuff is always welcome in OFP. :)

Changing the sky is indeed possible with modifying the data.pbo file. I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to include a modified data.pbo file to your mod but an alternate method would be to include a self installer like the llaumax sky one.

Looks nice. More sci-fi stuff is always welcome in OFP. :)

Changing the sky is indeed possible with modifying the data.pbo file. I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to include a modified data.pbo file to your mod but an alternate method would be to include a self installer like the llaumax sky one.

i don't have enough script knowledge to change it :( and i already talk about with some other scifi addon maker and all of them failed to change the color of the sky so if someone has a real soluce he will be welcome :)

i don't have enough script knowledge to change it :( and i already talk about with some other scifi addon maker and all of them failed to change the color of the sky so if someone has a real soluce he will be welcome :)

Easiest way is to simply change the textures. I wouldn't know of a script that would dynamically change the sky textures but that could be useful for having more than three/four backgrounds. When I was making a 'space mod' I used several mod packs that shared same skies. Not most elegant but functional. :)

Cool idea. Maybe make a mini-campaign, would catch more attention.

Oh man, you've just made my day. Once you release this I think I'll try to create something like the first Dune game which was kind of a mix between an adventure game and very light RTS, I still play that from time to time.

Thank you very much for taking the time to make this, looking forward to the release!

The spice is strong with this one. I love what you've done with the place so far, I can't wait to try it out!

Great work Spad. There's some really interesting stuff going on in that video. I'm looking forward to seeing where it leads. :)

You could use the Llaumax files as a means to update your data3d and data pbos with the new textures/models required. I experimented with it a while back. All I did was change the textures for the sky colour. Then took out the updated PBOs and dropped them into the appropriate mod folder.

You could probably just put the bat files into the target mod folder along with the source folders. Newdata and bin I believe. The only problem I could see would be how the bat files are written. They were originally made for OFP res. So the paths might need to be altered. There was some discussion about that elsewhere on the boards.

So the end user would only need a copy of the Llaumax mod files on their machine. They can create a duplicate of the newdata folder with your textures inside and run the bat. This copies and updates the 2 resistance data pbos and creates a new dta directory locally, with sub folders. The pbos in there could then be transferred to the appropriate folder in the dune mod.

Of course someone with the right DOS skills could do up a more specific bat file.

I'm open to correction on any of that. :)

Edited by Maczer
The usual. Formatting.

yes Maczer, we had already discuss about that, i will see if i can make something with lauma sky, in fact i just want a more red sky. For the batfile i am afraid to do not have enough DOS skill to make a new one. A second moon could be good too, but it is the same problem the P3D for the sky stars and the moon must be change with a new data folder ...

Nice, I finished the book not too long ago, interesting read.

Well in fact it was easy to change the color of the sky :), the more difficult is to find a good color, more red or more orange i don't know for the moment

first test for a red sky (using llauma sky)

<a  href=mini_728978redsky.jpg' alt='mini_728978r

i need to know how to delete the clouds now and adding a second moon

Edited by spad

Well it seems that in 2015 Flashpoint went the sci-fi way! Lenyoga's Shock mod, Macser's Hoth stuff, and now Spad emerging from Dunes? Great! :)

@spad: clouds can be made invisible by replacing them with transparent textures. Second moon would have to be added by editing the mesic.paa files.

@krzy: fantasy stuff is comming to OFP/CWA too, some guys already making a LotR mod. :p

I made some experimental Mordor inspired island too... ;)

Very cool :thumbsup: And I hope it will available for version 1.96...

@spad: clouds can be made invisible by replacing them with transparent textures. Second moon would have to be added by editing the mesic.paa files.

i already did that but no change the mrac_war_*.paa seem to be cloud but if you put transparent file there is no change even if you change them in the original OFP data.pbo, so i don't know

the mesic.paa is a circle with the different quarter of the moon so i don't see what can i change to have two separate moon with this paa.

the mesic.paa is a circle with the different quarter of the moon so i don't see what can i change to have two separate moon with this paa.

I think what Noob meant was to have two moons painted on this texture. That would give a fake two moons, very close to each other, and with one light source. Having real two moons might be impossible (just like two suns...).

I think what Noob meant was to have two moons painted on this texture. That would give a fake two moons, very close to each other, and with one light source. Having real two moons might be impossible (just like two suns...).

yes i know but this file is 16x16 how can i put two separate moon with a so small file, anyway it is not importanti have to focus on the mission for now, i expect to release this work in one month for the 1.99 OFP/CWA

Two moons:

http://postimg.org/image/tqvpw8f2x/

http://postimg.org/image/sa50y1jf9/

http://postimg.org/image/3vm7hjcir/

If you want bigger one you can put it on the background image (jasno.pac, oblacno.pac, zatazeno.pac) but you will have more than two then since it's a repeating image. A more complicated method would be making a particle effect or a half transparent object and then via script simulate it's movement but that is beyond what I would know to do. :p

Two moons:

http://postimg.org/image/tqvpw8f2x/

http://postimg.org/image/sa50y1jf9/

http://postimg.org/image/3vm7hjcir/

If you want bigger one you can put it on the background image (jasno.pac, oblacno.pac, zatazeno.pac) but you will have more than two then since it's a repeating image. A more complicated method would be making a particle effect or a half transparent object and then via script simulate it's movement but that is beyond what I would know to do. :p

the result is not good enough, two moon of the same size, too close, but it is a detail :) thanks for the pictures

an another preview to show the red sky in game, the main city attack by night and some other units in firing action

still debugging and making the campaign part 1

enjoy:

• Like 1

spad , if not a secret, from where did you take the ideas and design of vehicles?

spad , if not a secret, from where did you take the ideas and design of vehicles?

For most of them, in my head :),the harkonnen bike was inspired by general grievous's vehicle in star war EP 2, the atreides tank and the basic city building were inspireded by a nice picture i saw on deviant art, the sardaukar is a multipart with WH40K mod (that i am a member since 2002 ), the different houses symbol comes from the net, all the other building, weapon and vehicles are of my own imagination and my personnal view of the Dune universe.

I am sorry for all Franck Herbert fan who don't find the original dune or david Lynch movie atmosphere : no personnal shield or fighting with knife and sword, the ornithopter don't have moving wings and yes i know there is no battle with tank in the book but why not i suppose that in 10191 the army still have ground vehicle for the war.

the campaign take place some days before the Harkonnen launch their massive attack against the atreides on dune, you will play as a local Atreides commander in a secondary sector with a main city (visible on the movie) and several village, forward base and some sietch.