hellceaser

[WIP] Blood Trench 1914-1918(Looking for help)

Hello!
I got nothing to show today but I can tell you that the French chessaur alpin unifrom is done just waiting for Brent to finish the textures.
Then I will start making the German jaeger alpean uniform and when that is done it is only a matter of time before you can get your hands on it.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, hellceaser said:

Hello!
I got nothing to show today but I can tell you that the French chessaur alpin unifrom is done just waiting for Brent to finish the textures.
Then I will start making the German jaeger alpean uniform and when that is done it is only a matter of time before you can get your hands on it.

Sounds great :)

• Like 2

Brent has finished the Chasseur Alpin uniform!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-trench-1914-1918/images/showcase-chasseur-alpin#mediaform

I think it came out really nice! Only the German Jaeger uniform and we have all the assets done planned for our first built.
We are struggling a bit with implementing the assets in game as we are not to good at it, so if you know any one or that any one is you that would like to help out with that please contact me.
It would speed up our progress a lot!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, rocket man said:

T

H

I

C

Hahaha :D

• Like 2

I know you are working hard, and I appreciate your effort, but I can't wait to see tanks! Also I hope we'll be able to try your mod soon! Greetings from Lithuania and Good luck! :f:

• Like 2

Hey guys,could you guys give me a basis time for when the mod is released or at least in a work in progress stage that we can actually play in?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, L Newby said:

Hey guys,could you guys give me a basis time for when the mod is released or at least in a work in progress stage that we can actually play in?

Asking for release dates is not allowed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, L Newby said:

It is against the forum rules to ask for any kind of release date. Thanks and welcome to the forums.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Shizuaki said:

I know you are working hard, and I appreciate your effort, but I can't wait to see tanks! Also I hope we'll be able to try your mod soon! Greetings from Lithuania and Good luck! :f:

I would like to see them soon as well and cant wait to work on them, on that note they will take sometime but it will get there at some point.

4 hours ago, L Newby said:

Welcome to the forums, I know it is against the rules but expect our first build in about 3 a 4 weeks max, might be sooner then you think.

Also stay tuned will release some in game pictures of the assets we got so far, expect the rifles and the different kinds of head gear.
I will put a link in this post once the article is up on ModDB.

• Like 5

Sorry! No article today!
Brent had to sign off early today and was not able to finish all the pictures we had in mind releasing today in the article.
I did however put 1 picture up from the rifles, thought they looked cool.
Stay tuned tomorrow I promise to have it done then otherwise I will reveal my address so you can send me hate letters :P(JKING) 

http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-trench-1914-1918/images/ingame-showcase#imagebox

• Like 2

Hey Ceaser, since your starting from scratch how will you go about Chemical Warfare, Gas & the like, Delivery systems; Cylinders pouring into no man's land, "Five-nines" shelling, or even the Livens Projecters maybe? and not just the gas itself but defenses like Masks?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Digger James said:

Hey Ceaser, since your starting from scratch how will you go about Chemical Warfare, Gas & the like, Delivery systems; Cylinders pouring into no man's land, "Five-nines" shelling, or even the Livens Projecters maybe? and not just the gas itself but defenses like Masks?

I haven't been thinking to such extend, since I am starting from scratch I have done smaller steps not thinking to far outside of my road map.
I know that there will be Chemical Warfare, which mustard gas will be the first.
Delivery systems not sure and have not put to much thought in it, honestly have more been thinking about creating the particle effects and so on. And of course there will be the different kind of gas mask supplied back in World war 1.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Takahashi Yuuki said:

Well, considering that this is revived now. Maybe you could contact the guys behind Over the Top about maybe folding the two together. Not much sense having two two man teams doing the same thing.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/over-the-top-14-18

Yea, like how Hell in the Pacific team folded into the Faces of War team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Takahashi Yuuki said:

Well, considering that this is revived now. Maybe you could contact the guys behind Over the Top about maybe folding the two together. Not much sense having two two man teams doing the same thing.

23 minutes ago, Digger James said:

Yea, like how Hell in the Pacific team folded into the Faces of War team

Could be a good idea, but at the end of the day it's your call guys.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hellceaser said:

I haven't been thinking to such extend, since I am starting from scratch I have done smaller steps not thinking to far outside of my road map.
I know that there will be Chemical Warfare, which mustard gas will be the first.
Delivery systems not sure and have not put to much thought in it, honestly have more been thinking about creating the particle effects and so on. And of course there will be the different kind of gas mask supplied back in World war 1.

Someone already did a sort of NBC mod. Consultation or incorporation may be beneficial considering how inextricably linked gas is to the great war. I'm not a modder, but it should be possible to create a script that creates a contaminated zone for a certain period of time and attach that to something, like an artillery shell. I'm not sure how a moving gas cloud would work, but then again, not a modder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Takahashi Yuuki said:

I thought they were the same thing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fwedman said:

Nope. From "I'm guessing" one of the devs of "Over the Top". Who I'm guessing is Cekis20 on ModDB.

Felix  [author] Apr 23 @ 10:30am 
I've been getting the same question for some time now. This massage is directed to everyone; Blood trench is dead. The members have stopped for many reasons. I have personally discussed this with eaglke and the previous leader Helllceaser. Over the top 1914-1918 is the current “active” that are being worked on and so on. We took a “fresh” step since we didn’t have access to bloody trench content and so on.

From This Mod on the Steam Workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=903202945&searchtext=vickers

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Takahashi Yuuki said:

We have worked in the past and it did not work out, I have a different vision for my mod with a different level of quality. Their mod is from what I know more of a Port from the A2 Version and I was not planning to have that.

1 hour ago, Takahashi Yuuki said:

Nope. From "I'm guessing" one of the devs of "Over the Top". Who I'm guessing is Cekis20 on ModDB.

Felix  [author] Apr 23 @ 10:30am 
I've been getting the same question for some time now. This massage is directed to everyone; Blood trench is dead. The members have stopped for many reasons. I have personally discussed this with eaglke and the previous leader Helllceaser. Over the top 1914-1918 is the current “active” that are being worked on and so on. We took a “fresh” step since we didn’t have access to bloody trench content and so on.

From This Mod on the Steam Workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=903202945&searchtext=vickers

That message is also somewhat true but I think we have proofed by now that this is not relevant anymore :) I if I may be honest I have never said anything about being dead, just said not working on it atm. 

2 hours ago, fwedman said:

No not the same thing, Over the top was made for Arma 2 when Eagkle wasnt going to make one for  Arma 3 at that time we decided to start Blood Trench. After sometime working with the guys from over the top we got on the end of the line and kind of failed, so Eaglke decided to create over the top in Arma 3.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hellceaser said:

We have worked in the past and it did not work out, I have a different vision for my mod with a different level of quality.

That message is also somewhat true but I think we have proofed by now that this is not relevant anymore :) I if I may be honest I have never said anything about being dead, just said not working on it atm. 

No not the same thing, Over the top was made for Arma 2 when there wasnt nothing for Arma 3 we decided to start something on Arma 3 Blood Trench. After sometime working with the guys from over the top we got on the end of the line and kind of failed, so Eaglke decided to create over the top in Arma 3.

Unfortunate. I was hoping that there wouldn't be multiple mods coving WW1 like there is for WW2. Gets confusing having five different Mausers all with non interchangeable ammunition. But if such things must be, then they must be.

Besides the point. I would like to inquire if you intend to create your armoured vehicles with full three dimensional interiors. I would most definitely favour this sort of implementation, as it not only captures the essence of the tank, but also permits the view ports to be physical apertures in the armour. This would allow small arms fire to be directed at these vulnerable points, forcing the crew to close them and blind themselves to the outside world. The prospect of this sort of thing excites me greatly. This would be quite the task though, and I fully understand if you feel your time would be better spent elsewhere, than on armoured vehicle interiors.

• Like 2

Just now, Takahashi Yuuki said:

Unfortunate. I was hoping that there wouldn't be multiple mods coving WW1 like there is for WW2. Gets confusing having five different Mausers all with non interchangeable ammunition. But if such things must be, then they must be.

Besides the point. I would like to inquire if you intend to create your armoured vehicles with full three dimensional interiors. I would most definitely favour this sort of implementation, as it not only captures the essence of the tank, but also permits the view ports to be physical apertures in the armour. This would allow small arms fire to be directed at these vulnerable points, forcing the crew to close them and blind themselves to the outside world. The prospect of this sort of thing excites me greatly. This would be quite the task though, and I fully understand if you feel your time would be better spent elsewhere, than on armoured vehicle interiors.

Yes there will be Interiors for all vehicles, my time could be spend some elsewhere but I could not live with it that the tank would not be having a full 3D interior.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hellceaser said:

Yes there will be Interiors for all vehicles, my time could be spend some elsewhere but I could not live with it that the tank would not be having a full 3D interior.

Most excellent!

A fair bit premature I'm sure, but I found this footage some weeks ago that does quite an excellent job of presenting the interior of the Renault FT.

I really would like to help see this mod come to fruition. While I do not know how to code or model, I do find myself with a great deal of time. If you would like, perhaps I could use that time to find things for you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Takahashi Yuuki said:

Most excellent!

A fair bit premature I'm sure, but I found this footage some weeks ago that does quite an excellent job of presenting the interior of the Renault FT.

I really would like to help see this mod come to fruition. While I do not know how to code or model, I do find myself with a great deal of time. If you would like, perhaps I could use that time to find things for you?

Help is always welcome, this certainly will come to help once I start on it!

• Like 1