hellceaser

[WIP] Blood Trench 1914-1918(Looking for help)

50 minutes ago, Bourgeois2018 said:

is it dead?

It's against the forum rules to ask for any kinds of updates and "is it dead" is kind of asking of an update. Also modding takes time and these people do it for FREE at their own FREE time so please respect them if they decide to take a break. Thank you

• Like 5

On 2017-5-20 at 0:51 PM, Bourgeois2018 said:

is it dead?

The last time an update was shown was April, which was last month. I hardly think it's reasonable to ask if the mod is dead when progress was shown just a little over a month ago. A year, maybe, but certainly not under 90 days.

On 2017-5-20 at 1:42 PM, Alex150201 said:

It's against the forum rules to ask for any kinds of updates and "is it dead" is kind of asking of an update. Also modding takes time and these people do it for FREE at their own FREE time so please respect them if they decide to take a break. Thank you

Ease up. According to both the forum guidelines page and the forum rules thread, it is not against the forum rules to ask for updates. Why would it be against the rules to ask a question as simple as that? I see people do it all the time and they aren't met with such responses. I've done it myself plenty of times over the years and never been told that I was wrong for asking. Of course, Bourgeois was not respectful in the way in which they asked for the update.

1 hour ago, Amit said:

According to both the forum guidelines page and the forum rules thread, it is not against the forum rules to ask for updates. Why would it be against the rules to ask a question as simple as that? 

Actually (btw in almost any thread in the addons section, you can see moderators giving warnings because of this point):

https://forums.bistudio.com/guidelines/

No spam or advertising:

Advertising of any commercial or personal project, product or service on these forums is not permitted. Chain letters and pyramid schemes are similarly prohibited. This includes the Personal Message service and clan recruitment outside of the Clan Recruitment forum. Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. Please do not post duplicate threads in more than one forum and do not "Bump" threads. Posting "any news", "is it out yet" or asking for a release date type posts are also spam.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, hellceaser said:

Well atleast I am glad to see that you guys will not discontinue this :)

Good luck, you guys still have all of our support. Are you going to continue on this thread or make a new one?

1 minute ago, Alex150201 said:

Well atleast I am glad to see that you guys will not discontinue this :)

Good luck, you guys still have all of our support. Are you going to continue on this thread or make a new one?

Thanks! 
We will continue on this thread I will edit it right now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hellceaser said:

Thanks! 
We will continue on this thread I will edit it right now.

Sounds great! Again good luck, I'll stick around just like I did before :)

• Like 2

Hey ya'll!
Just a quick little.. dev blog? Update? What ever you prefer to call it.
I have been working on the gewehr 1898 and it is close to done: http://prntscr.com/fdtdsu
Just need to work up the front and same last few details and it should be done.

Brent finished up the German shako yesterday: http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-trench-1914-1918/images/showcase-shako1#imagebox

I still need to modify some things in the normal map because it had some artifacts on the back which we hide from the render.
Today Brent will start texturing the Stahl helmet and I will finish up the gewehr 1898 and pass it on to Brent.
If that is done we will start designing the French Chasseurs uniform: http://prntscr.com/fdtgx9
While I am doing that Brent should be implementing the two weapons and head gear into the game. 

We are close to what we consider as a first "gift" I don't really want to call it a alpha or early alpha release, as we wont release any early alpha or beta since we have a road map in mind which we will follow And release little bits when we feel like its done to give out to the public.
The road map might be revealed on ModDB some time tomorrow or the day after so keep a keen eye!

Thank you for reading this :)

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, hellceaser said:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-trench-1914-1918/images/showcase-stahlhelm2#imagebox

New pics are up from the Stahl helm! Also we will post the road map on ModDB make sure to check it out!

The helmets look beautiful! Are you adding straps later or are they staying like that? It's fine by me either way, chin straps would make them look more realistic but they will look weird in arma :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex150201 said:

The helmets look beautiful! Are you adding straps later or are they staying like that? It's fine by me either way, chin straps would make them look more realistic but they will look weird in arma :D

I left the straps out yes because I thought it wouldn't add much more to it, I might add the strap like seen Here. But for now I will leave them like this to conserve some time :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hellceaser said:

I left the straps out yes because I thought it wouldn't add much more to it, I might add the strap like seen Here. But for now I will leave them like this to conserve some time :)

I agree with your decision on conserving time. If you plan to add a strap I would prefer it raised like that :)

• Like 1

Heyyy sup yall!
Dev blog 2 here! I am planning to do these on regular bases, sometimes on the BI forum and sometimes on ModDB to keep it even between communities.
So we finished the Stahl helm and even more then we thought, as I am typing this Brent is actually texturing the Gewehr 1898 and has already done the wood stock and it looks sweet.
Yesterday evening Brent and I started designing the French uniform and we made some good progress on it we paused it for a bit to start working on the helmets and finish up the G98.
We also have discussed some more on the road map and I hope we can finish it today. The reason it takes a bit longer is because we are making it into a fancy image.
What I can tell is that we are doing it in chapters, so chapter 1 will have 5 content releases which are all named.
Chapter 1 
Release 1:The Start
Release 2: No Man's Land
Release 3: Fire In The Hole!
Release 4: Rapid Fire
Release 5: Take Command!

And this will be the same for Chapter 2.
The reason we did it like this is to make it easier for us, we are still a 2 man team and cant work on a lot of things at the same time.
The content releases are not always the same amount, I have specifically looked at how much time each release might take and ordered like that. The names has to do with the content that will be released in it which you will have a look at soon.

Also if we would have more man join our dev team we could make the releases bigger and faster obviously so if you know some one or that some one is you please make contact with us if you would like to help and make this mod great again!

Thanks for reading!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-trench-1914-1918

• Like 6

Sorry for posting so often!
But here is my progress on the French Chasseur unifrom!

Please note that it is not done, it need way more detail but I just want to show you my progress so far.

Side shot:

Spoiler

10qzc69.png

Front shot:

Spoiler

Rear shot:

Spoiler

2qdqstd.png

And the last shot is with the Adrian helmet:

Spoiler

So the detailing on the clothing is pretty much done apart from the buttons, I still might tweak it here and there but for now I found it enough to go on and work on the boots and puttees legwraps.
I think on my side this uniform will be done today, then I need to pass it on to Brent for texturing and adding more decals and height information.
Brent probably wont have time to finish that today so no pictures of it being finished today sadly but fingers crossed for tomorrow.
If I finish it before 11 PM my time I will probably move to start working on the German Jaeger alpean uniform.

PS: Tiny pic stopped uploading after some pics so I used Imagur for a few, just incase you are wondering :P

• Like 3

You are apologizing for updating us at lighting speed. You got to be kidding me lol.

Uniforms looking fancy :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alex150201 said:

You are apologizing for updating us at lighting speed. You got to be kidding me lol.

Uniforms looking fancy :)

I actually was kidding yes haha :P

• Like 1

I hope one day we'll see early 20th century navy ships from auxillary troopships to cruiser to even the mighty Dreadnoughts! also I was thinking on how communication could be a thing if working along with TFAR & ACE3; still keep it traditional to the times with crank phones you wind to get the other guys attention, and have breakable phonelines that engineers have to find and fix! OH and how about runners with written messages (could go in inventory under Misc. like the FAKs) Man... milsim stuff based on those 2 things would be SO COOL!!! (and the navy stuff too. I Hope one day I make my own clan based on naval warfare!)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Digger James said:

I hope one day we'll see early 20th century navy ships from auxillary troopships to cruiser to even the mighty Dreadnoughts! also I was thinking on how communication could be a thing if working along with TFAR & ACE3; still keep it traditional to the times with crank phones you wind to get the other guys attention, and have breakable phonelines that engineers have to find and fix! OH and how about runners with written messages (could go in inventory under Misc. like the FAKs) Man... milsim stuff based on those 2 things would be SO COOL!!! (and the navy stuff too. I Hope one day I make my own clan based on naval warfare!)

Would be cool indeed but I think that is going to take some time considering our small team :D Maybe in the future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hellceaser said:

Would be cool indeed but I think that is going to take some time considering our small team :D Maybe in the future.

Maybe ya need to devote some effort to a recruitment campaign of sorts to get more help... I don't know, it's 11:30pm and I'm just tiredly throwing ideas in the air! :e::sleep:

3 minutes ago, Digger James said:

Maybe ya need to devote some effort to a recruitment campaign of sorts to get more help... I don't know, it's 11:30pm and I'm just tiredly throwing ideas in the air! :e::sleep:

I have tried that before and is mostly only attract people that don't have a lot of modding knowledge in general. Two years back that wouldn't be a problem since I didn't know much either but know I am advanced and know so much I probably end up putting more time in teaching and explaining then in creating this mod.

5 minutes ago, hellceaser said:

I have tried that before and is mostly only attract people that don't have a lot of modding knowledge in general. Two years back that wouldn't be a problem since I didn't know much either but know I am advanced and know so much I probably end up putting more time in teaching and explaining then in creating this mod.

Ah, Touche