hellceaser

[WIP] Blood Trench 1914-1918(Looking for help)

Really great work Eaglke! Thanks again for letting me use this on my aircraft ports!

Are you still working on this mod?

im sure that they still working on this. last update was 1 month ago. There are mods out which are silent over several months but later get released or news appear.

Got the ft17 driving but i need to split the tracks into a seperate texture

I asked this on the Moddb page but seeing the forum is a tad more active I'll ask here...

Have you consider adding Railways and Steam Locomotives; Trains were a major factor in troop movement till the 1950s, Altis and some of the BIGGER maps like Cherno do have a railway System and thus re-enforcing the point that stands since the normal stuff in Arma we use like Heli's and Cargo Planes were non-existent then, While Transport trucks were a minority & Ground vehicles consisted of slow Tractors or old-school Horse & cart.

Also if ya break it down into Sub-categories, the use of Armored Trains and Railway guns, Wiki says there's about 34 designs of Railway guns used in WW1 alone (excluding the numbers of how many produce or if they even left the drawing board)

I don't mean to add to your workload but as I mention before and the reasoning above this is one of the "major!" keys about WW1: Controlling Railways & their respective Stations is a means to effectively resupply your Armies

You're aware there are no trains in arma? How do you expect us to make a working train? foolish suggestion

You're aware there are no trains in arma? How do you expect us to make a working train? foolish suggestion

It's not so foolish if ya think about how ya suppose to move large masses of troop across large maps, the tracks are already laid on existing maps, ya just gotta work off that! Besides, I never said it in the "High Priority, Make It Now!" bullshit you get from trollers you think I'm coming off as; far from it, I'm just saying it's the kind of suggestion ya put a pin in it and leave open for negotiations. And you forget that like I said before, back in those days it was a luxury to even own a car, and they were short range-low fuel capacity, hand-cranked vehicles at that. Plus it was cheaper just to buy a ticket to ride the ol' "beast of the rails" same said for it's use in Military situations where a scenario can be like this: Your fresh recruit to the British Army and are being sent to the front, where do go to now? on a boat across the channel then on a Steam Train straight to Paris, then after getting check in to the MPs is then crammed into another Train with other soldiers headed to the Front along with Munitions, Supplies and Big-ass Guns!! a Train is that Era's all-in-one supply Vehicle like Arma's Vanilla Hemtt & all it's sub-variants.

I don't mean to be rude or impede the spectacular progress you guys have made but I've seen modder for this game take on harder challenges like Operation Trebuchet: they plan on finish making a completely walk-in AND fully functional/flyable Charon-Class Heavy Space Frigate!!! With MAC Guns and everything!

Do or don't do it... it's your Mod so you make the rules but instead of brushing this aside as some lame-ass crazy Idea, actually think about how it can be used by clan units and mission makers alike. I thinks it's F@cking cool to be able to drive a steam engine. (though that's mainly influenced by heavily growing up on Thomas the tank engine TV shows and toys when I was way young, still got a $1000 bucks worth of Tomica trainsets out-back in storage, but I digress!)

anyway hope things go well blah-blah-blah the usual concluding salutations and will wait for the Update soon!

It's foolish because there is no framework in the engine for trains, unless you are asking for a static model?

"but instead of brushing this aside as some lame-ass crazy Idea"

a crazy ass idea is exactly what it is, please tell me how I am supposed to config a train model to get it running on train tracks? next you will be asking for real time digging trenches under the map

It's foolish because there is no framework in the engine for trains, unless you are asking for a static model?

"but instead of brushing this aside as some lame-ass crazy Idea"

a crazy ass idea is exactly what it is, please tell me how I am supposed to config a train model to get it running on train tracks? next you will be asking for real time digging trenches under the map

Nah! look if all you can is a static solid model than that can be all I want and just bite my tongue.... still will look cool to set the scene, like that's where ya respawn from or something of the likes.

After a long time of no news i can show you pics about a PEUGEOT "bébé" 6cv 1916:

A85BD70D6F4944D1337DE86B4874BCA6B41353C1

833481515F7913D98B0F74080C1C902133ACCC5E

5698C46A35CB35DAE3FBD87A99275CD35D215D29

C85FC511845BF8DDFDA5C1C2FA0220B644BF1D6D

• Like 9

Some cute vehicles :D. A question. What about Gasmasks and Gas? Will you do this kind of stuff with real working and killing Gas?

Since BF1 sucked (Just another BF4 with WW1 skins, not worth the effort to try to immerse yourself with it), this mod would probably come out on top with us WWI history fanatics imo.  :D

what do you mean about bf1 

its not even out yet and you call it a reskin.

well your wrong 

well your wrong 

Our wise and mighty lord has spoken...

Since BF1 sucked (Just another BF4 with WW1 skins, not worth the effort to try to immerse yourself with it), this mod would probably come out on top with us WWI history fanatics imo.  :D

I wouldn't say it sucked, and this'll most definitely blow it out of the water as far as scale and realism go, but BF1 will inevitably be better looking and better if you're just looking for a small quick game of something

well your wrong 

If you want to talk about BF1 please do so in the offtopic section. This thread is for an Arma3 mod which will certainly be better :ph34r: . Now shall we try to stay on topic  ;)

• Like 1

If you want to talk about BF1 please do so in the offtopic section. This thread is for an Arma3 mod which will certainly be better :ph34r: . Now shall we try to stay on topic  ;)

thank you roadkill :), this is just a ww1 mod, do not compare it with a full pc game, we making this in our spare time it is not our job.

And again. Will you make working Gas which kills? (Pls answer my real question instead of complaining about bf1)

yes we will making this.

some wip screen, it is a reworkerd french 75mm fieldgun model 1897.

0E1FA6F4D255FB743B27C82B16A7D82EAE3F160C

FCF9B696E86E6B8662A5BB7F3A52D74BD1D26668

• Like 7

yes we will making this.

some wip screen, it is a reworkerd french 75mm fieldgun model 1897.

Ah, the famous French Commandant D'artillerie... "Dixon Wilson"

But seriously, that is some awesome work right there.

• Like 1

Ah, the famous French Commandant D'artillerie... "Dixon Wilson"

But seriously, that is some awesome work right there.

lol, yes that doesn't sound very french !

Good to hear that we will get Gas. :D And nice work with the Fieldgun.