hellceaser

[WIP] Blood Trench 1914-1918(Looking for help)

14ca23m.png
The story

World War I began on July 28, 1914, when Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia.
This seemingly small conflict between two countries spread rapidly: soon, Germany, Russia, Great Britain, and France were all drawn into the war.
Largely because they were involved in treaties that obligated them to defend certain other nations.
Western and eastern fronts quickly opened along the borders of Germany and Austria-Hungary.

Trench Warfare
The middle part of the war, 1916 and 1917, was dominated by continued trench warfare in both the east and the west.
Soldiers fought from dug-in positions, striking at each other with machine guns, heavy artillery, and chemical weapons.
Though soldiers died by the millions in brutal conditions, neither side had any substantive success or gained any advantage.

Plan for our first playable build

Factions
- German Empire
- French Republic

(These will come later)
- British Empire
- Ottoman Empire

German Empire

Unit groups
- Alpenjäger

Weaponry
- Gewehr98

French Republic

Unit groups
- Chasseurs Alpins

Weaponry
- Berthier M1907

Check our ModDB for new pictures!

Our team is relative small but that does not stop us from creating this mod!
If any one wants to help out don't wait and contact me! Also if you are new to modding like me just contact me and we can learn together.

Feel free to correct anything that is NOT correct.
If you see any glitches in the models or texture also feel free to comment!
keep in mind that these pictures are work in progress and any glitch in the model or texture is known most of the times.
Also if you have questions, suggestions or tips PLEASE comment.

Current Team:
- Nick
- Brent

Special thanks too:
- Dust Sabre

Our team is relative small but that does not stop us from creating this mod!
If any one wants to help out don't wait and contact me! Also if you are new to modding like me just contact me and we can learn together.

Feel free to correct anything that is NOT correct.
If you see any glitches in the models or texture also feel free to comment!
keep in mind that these pictures are work in progress and any glitch in the model or texture is known most of the times.
Also if you have questions, suggestions or tips PLEASE comment.

Current Team:
- Nick
- Brent

moddb_125x125_v3.png
ModDB page^^

Email: nickf1_game@hotmail.com
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HellCeaser

• Like 1

This looks really interesting! Hope you 2 the best!

Edited by Diephuis

Sounds like a really nice idea, don't forget the gas! :)

As you're lacking of experience with ArmA3 modding, i suggest you should take contact with the ArmA2 WW1 project, which has already done a lot of assets and has experience now.

Edited by ProfTournesol

This sounds fantastic. Breath of fresh air...

PLEASE include aviation assets. WWI planes and dirigibles will work great in the ArmA engine. Low & Slow, with simple guns and hand-dropped bombs is perfect for A3. Hell yeah!!!

I think this is a great idea. Even the native old buildings and things will work fine as they even look like they are from the time period. Excited to see this succeed. You have a lot of work ahead of you, but it will work soooo well, it'll be a natural fit into the armaverse. Good luck guys! -S-

god...my prayers have been answered :pray:...simply great news !

This sounds fantastic. Breath of fresh air...

PLEASE include aviation assets. WWI planes and dirigibles will work great in the ArmA engine. Low & Slow, with simple guns and hand-dropped bombs is perfect for A3. Hell yeah!!!

I think this is a great idea. Even the native old buildings and things will work fine as they even look like they are from the time period. Excited to see this succeed. You have a lot of work ahead of you, but it will work soooo well, it'll be a natural fit into the armaverse. Good luck guys! -S-

Hellceaser, Sabre_Dust has already ported the BIS_Camel (and you should PM him), you just need to port (or even model) the rest of WWI airplanes =)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188835-BIS-Camel

Cheers!

how are you planning on making the AI coefficiant with trench warfare?

as im sure you know the AI just wonder off at times haha.

but yeah im following this mod :) great work

how are you planning on making the AI coefficiant with trench warfare?

as im sure you know the AI just wonder off at times haha.

but yeah im following this mod :) great work

Hello Tyl3r99

We are mainly focusing for multiplayer, but ofcourse we will also try to make it work with AI. And a way I think should work is to make static locations like its done with Arma with the houses. Then you could use scipts like UPS and other scripts like that.

Kind Regards,

Brent

Edited by Derox

cheers for the reply, sounds good to me... as now firing from vehicles is now implemented you could use that in the static locations? ;)

cheers for the reply, sounds good to me... as now firing from vehicles is now implemented you could use that in the static locations? ;)

With static locations I ment the locations given to AI that goes in too a building, for example when you make a waypoint on a house in the editor it will give you the option to select witch point of the house the AI will go That way the AI will go and stand at the point you have selected for him, And then you can use scripts as UPS and Garrison house script to make them go to random positions.

Edited by Derox

We are Updating some Textures At the moment.

Updated: 25/05/2015

- French Adrian helmet.

Added: 25/05/2015

- German Stahl helm(Steel helmet)

- German Feld mutze(Field cap)

Added: 26/05/2015

- Colmont Paris(Under miscellaneous)

- Pill box(Under miscellaneous)

Removed: 27/05/2015

- Field Kitchen(to many pictures on the post)

Added: 27/05/2015

- Feld glas(Swapped with Field kitchen)

Note* All pictures and updates will be added to the main post

For the Field caps I noticed that there is a bit to much glossy in the render, which I will fix some time later.

Edited by Hellceaser

Great stuff, keep it up

Great stuff, keep it up

Thank you really appreciated the support we got so far, I never expected it because on the steam pages people where really skeptic about a world war 1 mod.

Also the MOD DB will be up today I hope it will turn out cool :D

Thank you really appreciated the support we got so far, I never expected it because on the steam pages people where really skeptic about a world war 1 mod.

Steam pages :rolleyes: I'm not surprised to say the least...

Edited by ProfTournesol
typo

Hey,

i`m really looking forward to this, but first, it`s Stahlhelm and Feldmuetze, also Feldglas. Hope all goes well and we can fainally jump from Trench to Trench or spend 5-6 hours in one Trench :D

Hey,

i`m really looking forward to this, but first, it`s Stahlhelm and Feldmuetze, also Feldglas. Hope all goes well and we can fainally jump from Trench to Trench or spend 5-6 hours in one Trench :D

Thank you! corrections like that really helps out a lot, All tho google kept changing Feldmuetze to Feldmutze but I see you are German so I will trust you as a source haha :P

Looking like a good start! This is going to be awesome.

Awesome mod! I am excited to see the Brits when you get working on them and their Enfields. Any plans to actually make a trench map?

Awesome mod! I am excited to see the Brits when you get working on them and their Enfields. Any plans to actually make a trench map?

Sorry for the late reply.

But yes we do have plans, but the thing is the way we got the trenches designed it will be hard for other people to make a map.

The reason is that we plan to place the trenches in the map so you actually need to know how the map editor work to make a map your self.

and I don't think there is a better way to do it unless some one has a suggestion I would love to hear that! :D

Sorry for the late reply.

But yes we do have plans, but the thing is the way we got the trenches designed it will be hard for other people to make a map.

The reason is that we plan to place the trenches in the map so you actually need to know how the map editor work to make a map your self.

and I don't think there is a better way to do it unless some one has a suggestion I would love to hear that! :D

My personal thinking would be an I44 approach, you actually make custom maps (a lot of work I know) that represent different battlegrounds of WW1 like Somme, Verdun etc. I remember seeing in an A2 WW1 mod (can't remember which) that they had a basic map started.

My personal thinking would be an I44 approach, you actually make custom maps (a lot of work I know) that represent different battlegrounds of WW1 like Somme, Verdun etc. I remember seeing in an A2 WW1 mod (can't remember which) that they had a basic map started.

Yes I have seen that world war 1 mod for Arma 2. But the thing is we are trying to find something so less experienced players can make a basic map as well, and we will make some battle maps as well :)

Edited by Hellceaser