Sign in to follow this  
nodunit

You have twenty seconds to comply.

Decided to start on a side fun project while the apache is on the back burner for now, this thread could become more of a "WIP in general" thread as I have maaaany things in the blender but have been hesitant to show any of it.

So to break the ice I decided to start with something completely out of left field, and instead of the usual, make it a full on work in progress from start (or relatively) to finish )whatever that may be).

ED1_zpsfl3tmyte.jpg

For those of you unfamiliar, this is ED-209, a robot from Robocop (The original in this case)

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140109032745/villains/images/e/ef/Ed209.jpg He was proposed from corporate as an answer to the rise of crime in old detroit and the death rate of law enforcement, a 24/7 cop, that needn't eat, sleep, or drink. A cop with superior firepower and the reflexes to use them...suffice to say it displayed that well enough with the initial test subject.

I'll be covering this project from start to finish including videos showing the creation and possibly texturing.

The best scene:

;)

Yeah that was a great way to set the tone of the movie, "Who what if it worked or not, who cares?!" Makes me thing of Lockheed and their F-22 these days hue hue.

Decided to remake a leg component (something about the original was bugging me) and I can't decide yet if the blueprints are trustworthy enough to try and follow 100%, right now I'm using a mix of scenes, screenshots, and photo's of the chronicle ED-209 which is cast directly from the original mold.

So if you see breaks in the videos that is likely due to a quick double check. (I learned with the apache that you never trust the blueprints 100%).

Anywho, The videos will for now show the creation of high poly components, because we talk about Hi poly stuff but we don't really show the process.

I'll try to keep the videos around 15 minutes or so with x2 speed, you can slow them down by using html5 in youtube.

I did try to rush through it at first and found myself making several mistakes but not seeing them until later when it was too late, I also wanted to take a bit of time to let some parts sink in so that they can be used as a rough tutorial'ish video. Also due to the time, distractions, and other excuses you may find me backtracking to fix previous mistakes (It's my first time I'm nervous okay)

So if you would like to see this

cube_zpsseuikf5r.jpg

become this

toe1_zpsncgjywe3.jpg

or this

Leg1_zpsujkqyiy7.jpg

Leg2_zpsozfs7n9p.jpg

Then check out these videos, do note that they are silent so you will need to bring your own music.

Ah yes the "REAL" Robocop. I refuse to watch the remake. :)

Blender is a mystery to me. The interface is just unique enough that I can't wrap my brain around it.

wrong thread :( sorry I deleted

Mods please delete this

Edited by vasmkd
wrong thread, sorry reposted

You're great at texturing, just got to improve the checking the thread title before you post now. :D

Ah yes the "REAL" Robocop. I refuse to watch the remake. :)

Blender is a mystery to me. The interface is just unique enough that I can't wrap my brain around it.

Likewise when I first started, moved in after working with 3ds max 2008 for so long but honestly after working with it now, I wouldn't go back even if someone offered to pay the license cost.

It's all about more keybinds rather than menu's although you can see there is no shortage of those. One of the best scripts it has is screencast keys which will show you nearly every key previously pressed, and I use the default configuration so these are all of the original shortcuts.

You're great at texturing, just got to improve the checking the thread title before you post now. :D

Mmmmh maybe, it's a phrase that ED-209 says in both 1 and 3, regardless of why he's threatening to shoot someone he always gives them twenty seconds to do something.

Nice feet^^

Mmmmh maybe, it's a phrase that ED-209 says in both 1 and 3, regardless of why he's threatening to shoot someone he always gives them twenty seconds to do something.

Jona's post was in referance to vasmkd's post who mistakenly posted news for RHS in this thread ;)

Nice feet^^

Jona's post was in referance to vasmkd's post who mistakenly posted news for RHS in this thread ;)

Sorry should have quoted his post, Fennek's right. Relating to this topic I can just imagine hundreds of robocops swarming Stratis-not exactly the idea no doubt but my inner ten year old would be giggling in glee.

Nice work man! Any of those other things you are working on Sci Fi related too? Alien invasion mod? Keep up the great work, should be fun battling ED 209:)

Something like this would actually make me want to play with the vanilla 'near-future' units. Looking forward to it.