Sign in to follow this  
HJohnson

PboProject will not let me binarize!

I updated PboProject to the latest available after the recent Arma 3 tools update and it has stalled my modding attempts. First and foremost I cannot pack files without having each and every single extra mod file that is referenced unpacked. This is ridiculous, my P:\ drive isn't that large and I don't need to have additional gigs wasted on external references. Anyone know why we can't uncheck that box now?

Also, PBOproject used to be able to detect what is binarized and what wasn't. I help with the content pack with my group and we will routinely compile mods to save space. This means we could have newly made textures an models along with unpacked ones in the same pbo. Pboproject would binarize what needed to be and skip everything else. Now, with pboProject.1.40.4.96 it throws the error every single time I try to binarize a model. Even if it was a simple cube made in oxygen.

HK23E.p3d scanning...
****warning: p3d format is unknown file cannot be checked*****

HK23E.p3d.dep : ignored or merged
cube.p3d scanning...
****warning: p3d format is unknown file cannot be checked*****

Even the vanilla builder for Arma 3 in the Arma 3 tools still shoots up an error. What error could I possibly be getting from a self made cube within Oxygen?

Edit: I can't even binarize old mods that used to be able to be binarized and hadn't been modified since then.

Edit #2: The current project I am working on is a new factions, I decided to make one unique weapon for them. Since it was only one weapon I just put it in with the faction. This was giving me the error above. No matter what model I put in there, it gave that error. Yet when I put the model in a different mod folder, it worked fine.

Edited by HJohnson

;) It is understandable - if i were PboProject, i wouldn't let you binarize either, just in case you were using someone's else files

@ HJohnson: The "can't uncheck the box" is deliberate, but rather than put words in Mikero's mouth as to why (he has a thread after all) I'll just say that it's probably because people kept reporting errors that he found to be them not having their references completely correct to begin with. The binarizing thing may or may not have to do with "bis binarize" being 'broken', see his thread for details.

The reason that little button is checked and will forever remain checked is because people kept reporting errors, much like you are, that have nothing to do with pboproject but are caused because of their poorly configured addons. If pboproject is reporting an error then it was caused by the person packing and should be fixed before repacking.