Sign in to follow this  
Sweeper

Df editor vs opf editor

Okay I have started making missions for task force dagger and I thought: Why not see who's the best in making this mission.

Description of the mission:

Player is to inserted by helo outside the enemy camp, sniping position and possibility to take a second patrolling helo.

Blackhawks as well as troops are protecting the camp.

Player is supposed to kill everyone in the camp.

Features used for the mission:

1. Area triggers: For starting helo and the waiting one.

Delta Force wins slightly over OPF here but lacks with the speed setting you need to do, OPF is too hard on that field.

2. Placing of the units: for enemies in the camp

OPF wins over Delta Force with it's easy interface and ability easily tune the infantery, but DF offers more options for deciding about the soldiers such as going prone.

3. Units overlook: DF wins since you see a blueprint of the thing you have placed but the Z rating is a problem.

But OPF is still superior when it comes to overlook of the battlefield.

4. Vehicles and helo's: Moving vehicles:

OPF wins clearly it's easy interface with waypoints, automatic road following, helo's avoid hills.

And OPF also offers the ability to drive or fly yourself!

DF looses.

5. Objective goals for when to end the mission:

uncertain. A draw I think, supply me with more data.

6. Extraction: moving away from the scene

OPF again! you can fly or drive away.

7. Terrain choosement:

OPF, Few terrains huge and wuith built in cities!!!!

DF looses with a lot of bumpy terrain.

All in all I don't know, I look for your comments on this and I want you to keep this in mind from Placebo: </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I hardly think there's any comparison between the two but if you wish to post it in OT then as long as there are no flames from other people I see no problem in it being posted in there, and you can quote me on that wink.gif

<span id='postcolor'> That came from him when I asked him about the topic!

So that means no flaming or spams...

Watch it, Placebo is watching YOU!

The DF editor is poor, but I like seeing the size of the objects on the screen, it helps possition things allot.

RED

IMO the OFP editor is a hell of alot better. The preview idea was a really good idea. Now with DF you have to save the mission, then export it and start up DF.

I have a friend who was really good with the DF mission editor. I never got it cause I didnt like it. I prefer the OFP editor smile.gif

DF editor is a pain in the ass. Missions don't always export right, it's too time consuming. OFP editor is by far the most comprehensive and user-friendly I've ever seen. It's one of the main reasons that I fell in love with the game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Oct. 09 2002,08:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DF editor is a pain in the ass. Missions don't always export right, it's too time consuming. OFP editor is by far the most comprehensive and user-friendly I've ever seen. It's one of the main reasons that I fell in love with the game.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes Particially, my mission won't work properly... some trigger backfireing.

I did a features up agianst each other.

with Delta Force I mean Delta Force: Task Force Dagger.

Finished the game yesterday and it gave me ideas for what to make.

DF has some hotspots but OPF clearly wins on moving units and map overlook.

welcome back USSoldier11b

I found the time to get to know the DF-editor. I found it too messy with too many options that frightend me. Now the OFP-editor I very clean and tidy and did'nt scare me at all with lots of buttons in it. That is ofcourse bacause you can do so much with scripting and command-lines (which I did'nt know about in the beginning)......I guess that was a good thing or it might have scared me to not start learning the editor in the first place. The only other game-editor I've used in the past was some dos-tool for doom-maps and thats about it so I don't have any other references for other editors than OFP's smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Oct. 09 2002,10:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I found the time to get to know the DF-editor. I found it too messy with too many options that frightend me. Now the OFP-editor I very clean and tidy and did'nt scare me at all with lots of buttons in it. That is ofcourse bacause you can do so much with scripting and command-lines (which I did'nt know about in the beginning)......I guess that was a good thing or it might have scared me to not start learning the editor in the first place. The only other game-editor I've used in the past was some dos-tool for doom-maps and thats about it so I don't have any other references for other editors than OFP's smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

First off all check your post count... you are negative.

DF editor was too hard for me at first but then I checked the manual... It all became easier, best was the tunnel option In task force dagger. Hell on one mission i made the airfield a switzercheese with several underground tunnels.

That is what OPF lacks for now.

But still if it hadn't been for my OPF problems, got pics to show you but I need to move them from my PC.

The editor is spiky and unclear for me so the DF is all I got for now... Christmas I will be on OPF for good I think.

ooops i made a typooooo.

I meant "I have'nt found the time to get to know the DF-editor yet"

about my post-count: Who cares about silly spam-counters? smile.gif

What do you mean by "the editor is spikey and unclear"?

Are you talking about the OFP-editor?

Can't see anything cosmeticaly wrong with the ofp-editor confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Oct. 09 2002,12:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ooops i made a typooooo.

I meant "I have'nt found the time to get to know the DF-editor yet"

about my post-count: Who cares about silly spam-counters? smile.gif

What do you mean by "the editor is spikey and unclear"?

Are you talking about the OFP-editor?

Can't see anything cosmeticaly wrong with the ofp-editor confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I get spikes due to my computer... I can show pictures but not now. on public and I got work rest of the day but once I get to it I will show you all.

Even when I play OPF I get a 17 meter long spike from bushes!

It only lasts for 1 second but it is annoying...

You have spammed now haven't you?