DenyWilCo

[SP][Campaign][RHS] The East Wind RHS Remake

Is this dead? I have the same issue with the logistics vehicle being nowhere in sight. Also, the Mega download link seems to be broken, and I can't download off Armaholic. (I download files onto my phone, then connect them to my laptop and transfer the file(s) to it, in case you are wondering. Armaholic always refreshes the page to the top, with no download(s).

Also, in regards to the requests people are making for ACE3 compatibility, that is more of something the ACE3 team has to fix. I use AGM (yes, I'm one of many who still uses AGM), and the same bug for attempting to destroy the blackfoot with explosives is the same as the one for ACE3. I have no knowledge of scripting, coding, or any of that, but these 2 mods place down an explosive that is not recognized as an owned explosive. If I were to bet, I would say the placed explosive(s) is/are seen as a neutral (civilian or empty) device(s), rather than being seen as placed by BLUFOR (namely your character). Those using these mods, you will need to speak to the ACE3 team in regards to this issue. As for the RHS remake team, assuming this project is not dead, ACE3 & AGM compatibility just do not seem like viable options, or at least unless they remove the explosives section in said mod(s).

Also, in regards to the requests people are making for ACE3 compatibility, that is more of something the ACE3 team has to fix. I use AGM (yes, I'm one of many who still uses AGM), and the same bug for attempting to destroy the blackfoot with explosives is the same as the one for ACE3. I have no knowledge of scripting, coding, or any of that, but these 2 mods place down an explosive that is not recognized as an owned explosive. If I were to bet, I would say the placed explosive(s) is/are seen as a neutral (civilian or empty) device(s), rather than being seen as placed by BLUFOR (namely your character). Those using these mods, you will need to speak to the ACE3 team in regards to this issue. As for the RHS remake team, assuming this project is not dead, ACE3 & AGM compatibility just do not seem like viable options, or at least unless they remove the explosives section in said mod(s).

You can try delete "ace_explosives" from ace folder or "agm_explosives" from AGM folder. Off course you will need to restart mission in order to get it working.

Have there been any updates as to the status of this? Survive was incredible, really hoping we can get the next part at some point.

Quick update to everyone. Due to unexpected complications in real-life, this mod is currently DEAD. When, and if it will be reactivated, I really can't tell at this time. If The Team gets back to working on it, I'll be sure to update everyone immediately.

Regards,

DenyWilCo, The Team PR.

I honestly despise being that guy who pulls a necro on a post, but I would like to ask if there is any consideration on a revival of the East Wind remake. I ask simply because there are now FOUR RHS mods, all of which are now also available on SWS instead of batch updates. Not to mention we (the community) have little to no way to tell if the reality complications have been sorted or not.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2017 at 0:17 PM, ninjademon05 said:

I honestly despise being that guy who pulls a necro on a post, but I would like to ask if there is any consideration on a revival of the East Wind remake. I ask simply because there are now FOUR RHS mods, all of which are now also available on SWS instead of batch updates. Not to mention we (the community) have little to no way to tell if the reality complications have been sorted or not.

No worries mate, I'm personally busy working on my own major project however I'll try to talk to DenyWilCo about reviving this project. Would be way easier now that we have the 3D editor as well.

Regards,

MrCrazyDude115

• Like 1

Dang, I wish it was still updated, there are some bugs still to where it makes it impossible to finish the first level.

Edited by Kidcash

Simple question:

I know that replacing all the vanilla content with RHS items is a huge work indeed - however I don't understand why it would cause bugs.

Can someone explain that to me please?

47 minutes ago, wiki said:

Simple question:

I know that replacing all the vanilla content with RHS items is a huge work indeed - however I don't understand why it would cause bugs.

Can someone explain that to me please?

Vehicle seats - some of RHS have more inside seats (in tanks for example crew is 4, not as in vanilla 3), ammo loadouts, placements positions (unit size), scripts may not work on some modded units etc.

17 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

Vehicle seats - some of RHS have more inside seats (in tanks for example crew is 4, not as in vanilla 3), ammo loadouts, placements positions (unit size), scripts may not work on some modded units etc.

Ok, thanks :-)

• Like 1

On 1/25/2017 at 1:20 PM, MrCrazyDude115 said:

No worries mate, I'm personally busy working on my own major project however I'll try to talk to DenyWilCo about reviving this project. Would be way easier now that we have the 3D editor as well.

Regards,

MrCrazyDude115

I honestly did not expect such a civilized answer! Nor such a modest remark! I need to spend less time browsing Reddit... Really appreciate the post! Hopefully the mods being on Steam make the process easier, should this project be revived! 
On a side note, have you personally created any Arma 3 missions or scenarios I could browse?

• Like 1

On 2/1/2017 at 6:43 AM, ninjademon05 said:

I honestly did not expect such a civilized answer! Nor such a modest remark! I need to spend less time browsing Reddit... Really appreciate the post! Hopefully the mods being on Steam make the process easier, should this project be revived! 
On a side note, have you personally created any Arma 3 missions or scenarios I could browse?

Sorry for such a late reply! I will really try and revive this if my schedule will allow it! And about the missions, most of the things I made I've kept private. However I usually work on bigger projects and not just single missions. A project I've been working on for over a year now will surface shortly, you can keep an eye out for that!

Regards,

MrCrazyDude115

(4SFG) jarrad96 on Steam would like to attempt an RHS remake.
He would like permission from this team first, in order to avoid any unpleasant contact in regards to this team being the original team to attempt a TEW RHS remake.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 8:45 AM, ninjademon05 said:

(4SFG) jarrad96 on Steam would like to attempt an RHS remake.
He would like permission from this team first, in order to avoid any unpleasant contact in regards to this team being the original team to attempt a TEW RHS remake.

Yeah sure, feel free!

Thanks for actually asking like that, we wouldn’t mind either way but that was very thoughtful of you :)

Hello everyone!

DenyWilco and myself are pleased to announce that this remake has now officially been revived! We learned a lot in the past few years modding, and will now be able to bring you content which wasn't previously possible.

We had to restart from scratch, but we've already made great progress. "Survive" is almost complete (With a fully functioning HUB without time travelers :D).

Expect a release for "Survive" VERY soon!

Note: All download links and previous screenshots will be removed as soon as DenyWilco gets on his PC.

Kind regards,

The team.

73XyjlJ.jpg

Ra4xmpM.jpg

fbQgy78.jpg

M44Jf82.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

great news!

However, maybe I'm just stupid, but what were the troubles you encountered, porting this campaign with RHS assets?

How changing the gear / weapons, etc... could cause trouble?

I'm curious, because I would have never imagined that replacing the gear would add any trouble.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wiki said:

great news!

However, maybe I'm just stupid, but what were the troubles you encountered, porting this campaign with RHS assets?

How changing the gear / weapons, etc... could cause trouble?

I'm curious, because I would have never imagined that replacing the gear would add any trouble.

Basically, a lot of the units are spawned in via scripts, and said scripts are located somewhere in the Arma files. We had to look for them, make a copy, edit it accordingly, and change every mission's scripts to look into the new PBO directory. Plus, some scripts are activated when a certain classname does something, which made changing units break the mission. Took us a while to figure that one out too.

• Like 1

YAY! Great to see this project being revived! I hope you guys get to Adapt and WIn too 😃

BTW, please, pity please, host the campaign files on armaholic or gdrive too (not only on steamworkshop), my SteamWS is a b@# to mods, I only et to play missions through steam =P

Cheers and kudos for the return! =D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MrCrazyDude115 said:

scripts

MrCrazyDude115 this is very nice !

Just since you do this ,to inform you and the others ,

it's very easy to change all the loadouts to certain units or to all or by side each with a script - Mod.

So i have already played the SP missions with my desired mods , with my scripts below :

The most suitable script - Mod to do this is :

and also  :

and the last one is working but it needs an update because the lanchers are not included :

This is also how the GF Exported Loadouts Script - Mod ,

(Mod for SP ) is working with GRESOF LITE mas mod

( thanks massi for this ! )

Some (low res !) pics here :

KNyDdeG.png

EnhDrc2.jpg

tBhsoXn.png

This took me like 15 minutes,  to unpack the mod version , edit the loadouts and pack the mod again.

The example for everyone below :

The included mod is an example for West units only with four different loadouts for west and excluded the SP hero characteurs.

GF_Exported_Loadouts Example with @GRESOF_LITE_mas for West.zip

Expires in: 4 Weeks   |   Size: 66.1 KB   | 22.02.19

Thanks !

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, corporal_lib[br] said:

YAY! Great to see this project being revived! I hope you guys get to Adapt and WIn too 😃

BTW, please, pity please, host the campaign files on armaholic or gdrive too (not only on steamworkshop), my SteamWS is a b@# to mods, I only et to play missions through steam =P

Cheers and kudos for the return! =D

Survive is pretty much done, just having some difficulty changing the armory at the HUB; can't figure out how it's done. It shouldn't take long to finish Adapt and Win, since most of the dirty work has already been done and dusted. And sure, we'll upload it somewhere else too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

MrCrazyDude115 this is very nice !

Just since you do this ,to inform you and the others ,

it's very easy to change all the loadouts to certain units or to all or by side each with a script - Mod.

So i have already played the SP missions with my desired mods , with my scripts below :

The most suitable script - Mod to do this is :

and also  :

and the last one is working but it needs an update because the lanchers are not included :

This is also how the GF Exported Loadouts Script - Mod ,

(Mod for SP ) is working with GRESOF LITE mas mod

( thanks massi for this ! )

Some (low res !) pics here :

KNyDdeG.png

EnhDrc2.jpg

tBhsoXn.png

This took me like 15 minutes,  to unpack the mod version , edit the loadouts and pack the mod again.

The example for everyone below :

The included mod is an example for West units only with four different loadouts for west and excluded the SP hero characteurs.

GF_Exported_Loadouts Example with @GRESOF_LITE_mas for West.zip

Expires in: 4 Weeks   |   Size: 66.1 KB   | 22.02.19

Thanks !

Oh! Thanks for the heads up! We'll see what we can do 😄

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, MrCrazyDude115 said:

Oh! Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks also MrCrazyDude115 !

To be honest i haven't notice before the existance of this reworked version , if there was a script to be able to change the vehicles as well ( i have thought this many times and i don't know if it's possible ) would be great i think.

Keep up the good work !  :thumbs-up:

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MrCrazyDude115 said:

Basically, a lot of the units are spawned in via scripts, and said scripts are located somewhere in the Arma files. We had to look for them, make a copy, edit it accordingly, and change every mission's scripts to look into the new PBO directory. Plus, some scripts are activated when a certain classname does something, which made changing units break the mission. Took us a while to figure that one out too.

Oh, ok.

Thanks for the answer :)

• Like 1