DenyWilCo

[SP][Campaign][RHS] The East Wind RHS Remake

Hear all! Hear all!

Some news about survive is, the basic campaign is DONE. The hubs still have a few time-travelers, and the skirmishes are still WIP, but I expect that we will have that done, and the release should be up, TOMORROW.

That's all from me for now.

In other new, Quagmire is left-handed.

Regards,

The Team.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Poll added.

Hear all! Hear all!

Some news about survive is, the basic campaign is DONE. The hubs still have a few time-travelers, and the skirmishes are still WIP, but I expect that we will have that done, and the release should be up, TOMORROW.

That's all from me for now.

In other new, Quagmire is left-handed.

Regards,

The Team.

---------- Post added at 18:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Poll added.

Best news ever! Did the insurgent units from RHS helped you guys speed up the campaign work? Anyway, counting minutes yay!

cheers!

Why not opt for FIA uniforms more akin' to the mix of outfits used by Ukrainian militias? A mix of whatever they got their hands on/got gifted to them?

Good idea overall, we did think about that, but that's exactly the kind of pain in the backside I was talking about. So now we're thinking about giving the organised uniforms to team/fire/squad leaders, and just random mish mashes to the grunts.

Maybe you could borrow the uniforms from the Ukraine and Novorossiya mod or await some of the gorkas RHS has planned? If not I'll respect your decision of course and I'm looking forward for release!

@Bullsh, that's actually a pretty good idea, I'll contact those lads soonâ„¢.

Alright everyone, I've got some possibly sad news. We just realized we have no idea how to make a campaign in addon format, and unless we get an intelligence burst, release is being pushed back until tomorrow... I foresee another sleepless night for me.

Regards,

The Team.

Maybe you could borrow the uniforms from the Ukraine and Novorossiya mod or await some of the gorkas RHS has planned? If not I'll respect your decision of course and I'm looking forward for release!

At this moment (0.3.8) our non-official Guerrilla Greenfor faction use European camos (mainly Woodland), IMHO they make sense for Greece.

The Gorkas would also make sense :)

Alright everyone, I've got some possibly sad news. We just realized we have no idea how to make a campaign in addon format, and unless we get an intelligence burst, release is being pushed back until tomorrow...

What do you mean in addon format? .pbo? It's quite simple, you can unpbo mine) and use it as template if you wish.

Did I ever mention that you're a lifesaver Misty :].

Alright everyone, thanks to Misty here, its coming out TODAY.

Regards,

The Team.

ATTENTION!

The SURVIVE chapter is NOW AVAILABLE!

Download in the main post.

If you notice any bugs, feel free to PM me or Deny_001

LOCK AND LOAD!

:D

Hello there

ummm...errr how do we run this?

I assume whack it in an @folder under addons and load it as a mod rather than a mission?

Where will it appear? Under campaigns tab?

If so, its not working for me...yet.

Rgds

LoK

Just put it into your ArmA 3/Campaigns folder mate. If you need additional help just ask again.

Hello there

Call me a silly sausage, I dont have one in my A3 folder.

Just create one?

Rgds

LoK

Aye, just make one. For some reason only ArmA 2 came with it pre-made...

Hello there

Working and im at the into "walk in"

Im off to kill some pesky timetravellers!

Ill post feedback if needed.

Rgds

LoK

---------- Post added at 20:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Hello there

Just had plenty of fun with this.

The first Search and Rescue mission from your initial camp was still vanilla as was its briefing, but the 3 or 4 other missions ive played have had a distinclty RHS feel with no "modern" interlopers as far as I could tell.

Splendid stuff indeed.

Thats the rest of my evening sorted.

Rgds

LoK

Great campaign, loved it so far! Only I got stuck at the part where you have to blow up the crashed helicopter, any suggestions? :/ (I'm using ACE3 btw, is that a problem?)

One thing though, I noticed that especially around Camp Maxwell there are a lot of native Bohemia Interactive items and even soldiers, will they stay in this campaign?

Alright, so as for the heli blow-up, ACE3 is untested, and I belive it probably won't work with the campaign. The things in the camp are going to get sorted ASAP, those are the time travelers I was talking about.

If you lads have any other questions, you know what to do.

Alright everyone, thanks to Misty here, its coming out TODAY.

It was nothing. Thanks to all of you for your great work in this adaptation. I take my hat off to you :)

ok so far bug reports: RHS weapons vs vanilla armor - bad idea. I'm getting killed in one shot - AI can take a mag or too and still going. This thing was known ages ago - dont mix modded and vanilla vests. There's still many time-travelers. Also instead of AW-101s why not Mi8 or Mi24? Idea is nice, but until all wrinkles will be ironed out... Btw Misty I know that Hemtts aren't finished - but stairing wheel disconnects from base and rotates on completely separate axis.

Btw Misty I know that Hemtts aren't finished - but stairing wheel disconnects from base and rotates on completely separate axis.

If you meant the old W.I.P RHS HEMTTs they will be removed completely. We are working on modeling the HEMTTs A4 (you can check some WIP videos in our Twitch).

In any case it's something we are aware of, like with the FMTVs. We just need more time to work on them :)

In order to avoid derailing this thread, I'd like to ask you to please forward any more comments on RHS to the RHS thread or the RHS Feedback tracker.

Wow! That´s pretty damn good to replay East Wind as it should (with RHS/current day tech), thanks guys! I would advise to config the display name on Campaign UI as "[RHS] EAST Wind Remake - Survive", cus at first sight I couldn´t spot it on my 10+ campaign list, thought there was some errors, then I´ve stumbled on "Survive" only (which was you guys remake campaign)

Gotta play it through and them feedback any major issue, but for an Alpha it is quite good!

Cheers!

@nsnipe That issue has been present for a while, and we've been looking for a good vest mod for some time now.

@Corporal_Lib[bR] As I've said, its Alpha release, config work is pretty much as it was in vanilla. Campaign re-name can be expected in 0.5.2., the upcoming hotfix.

Why not to use RHS russian vests for e.g. Flora and mountain flora? (and leave uniforms, or change then to russian or even US - many armies, specialy irregular, in the world mix and match theyrs) and I bet their configs balanced enough with US counterparts. Sry about offtopic Misty :)

I tried using the RHS vests, but they have clipping issues with most, if not all, vanille uniforms.