Sign in to follow this  
DancZer

What kind of speaker/headphone do you use?

What kind of speaker/headphone do you use?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of speaker/headphone do you use?

• Basic Headphone
    • Premium Headphone
    • Basic Earphone
    • Premium Earphone
    • Laptop
    • Speaker 2.0
    • Speaker 2.1
    • Speaker 5.1
    • Speaker 7.1
    • Other(leave a comment)

I wonder what kind of audio interface have Arma players use.

Maybe the result useful for the BI audio team as well.

I use the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro studio headphones in combination with a Creative Sound Blaster Z. Originally bought them for music but they also do a great job in Arma 3 / games in general. Also have a Logitech PC 320 lying around for very rare MP sessions (as the Beyerdynamic doesn't have a mic). And a Teufel Concept E Magnum Power Edition 5.1 system for lying in bed and watching movies. :)

Just a basic A4Tech HS-50 headset on a 4-year old laptop. Using it for voice commands. Gets the job done.

EUR 50 range Logitech speakers for the desk. Also have a stereo attached with good speakers, but rarely turn it on when gaming. Will buy a Sennheiser G4me One headset eventually. Cannot afford closed systems at home.

Roccat Kave 5.1 Headphones (3.5mm jack version not USB)

Works well for me.

Sennheiser HD 202. Cheap, but for such price surprisingly good sound, also very light and ear covering. I'm liking this model so much, I bought exactly same, when first one broke down. (+ Audiotrak sound card Prodigy HD2 Advance DE)

Kind of depends on which machine I play on, really. My desktop is a very old Logitech 5.1 speaker, it's analog and drives from a SoundBlaster Zx. But since this few years I've been mostly away for my study, I play on my laptop from a Sennheiser HD238. A recent addition to that setup is a nice little USB sound card :P

I use AKG's 612 Pros with a Sound Blaster Z. Excellent setup!

Fostex T50 RP (modded) + Beyerdynamic A1 headphone amp + x-fi extreme music.

Razer Carcharias. While it's definitely not an audiophile's choice, it is sturdier than anything - it lived through 5 years, numerous strong cable tugs (one actually ripped off front panel of computer case!), many many falls and 2 kids. Still alive & kicking. Started to respect Razer after that.

Im currently using - Logitech G430 Surround Sound Gaming Headset

Sennheiser HD598.

No sound card. Better soundstage of previous Superlux HD681evo.

However rear effect appear in any case too much low in volume and too much "separate" to the rest of scene.

I hope in the as soon as possible ridefinition of Arma III sound like rumored about.

Sennheiser HD598.

No sound card. Better soundstage of previous Superlux HD681evo.

However rear effect appear in any case too much low in volume and too much "separate" to the rest of scene.

I hope in the as soon as possible ridefinition of Arma III sound like rumored about.

I was leaning 598's before I chose the AKG 612's, main reason I went with them is similar sound stage but more oohmmm on the low end bass. Now I can say you are missing out by not using a amp, the sound blaster z has a 600 ohm amp and it makes a drastic difference. I was running the 612's off stock mobo onboard sound and it was lacking. I went with the Sound Blaster Z, the amp is so powerful it will get every ounce of performance from your 598s. I would highly suggest it, considering you are short changing yourself on a good pair of headwear.

I think surround headsets/phones should've their own category. It's so much different than stereo headphones.

Oh and I've Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro. I still have my old Logitech G930 as backup.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Running a Beyerdynamic DT880 with a ModMic 4.0. Connected through a O2+ODAC.

Switched from a G930 to this setup and never looking back at a HeadSET. Terrible.

Btw, for anybody who is curious how the trackclip was mounted: Yes, its detachable

Razer Carcharias here as well. Very comfortable for long sessions. 3.5 mm jack, stereo headset.

I have a sound splitter out to my 2.1 Altec Lansing system as well with wallmounted speakers. That way I can choose between speakers+subwoofer or the headset. Very nice with helicopter sounds going through the subwoofer :)

Audio Card -Asus Xonar DX (UNi Xonar Drivers 1.75)

Semi-Open Headphones - Superlux HD668B

Tell me where are my headphones category. Then I give proper voice in the poll. I do not want to make a mistake and thus upset the polls.

I think surround headsets/phones should've their own category. It's so much different than stereo headphones. [...]

I support. I agree.

Edited by grzegorz

If I am messing around in the editor or testing a build of an addon, I'll run sound through my TV (via HDMI from my GFX card) and Samsung Soundbar. If I'm playing MP (and using TS for comms) I'll run through my Turtle Beach X12 headset.

Sony MDR-V55 headphones through an ASUS Xonar U7 (USB) audio card.

AKG 612pro, Antlion ModMic 4 and a Hifiman HM-101 portable (mini) USB DAC.

Xonar Essence STX

Sennheiser HD 650

For Arma and most games that lack any HRTF I set my driver to 8 channels and use Dolby Headphone with the DH-1 setting to downmix to stereo "binaural".

For music I use ASIO to bypass any form of DSP except the volume slider in foobar2000.

It's an awesome setup that I have had for a while now. I never use my Logitech Z-5500 speakers anymore. My old Senn HD 555 have been relegated to occasional laptop duty. I modified them so they are technically identical to the 598's, but even then, they come nowhere close to the HD 650. What's really amazing with the 650's is that they make any music genre sound good, without any EQ corrections. The 555's were good for only some genres. Both headphones are good for movies and games.

I think surround headsets/phones should've their own category. It's so much different than stereo headphones.

I thought it too, but the poll is limited to 10.

I use a Logitech H800. It benefits from being wireless and having its own onboard soundcard so I don't have to worry about the quality of my mobos built in sound :D