Sign in to follow this  
tomusgilbert

New "Task Assigned" and previous "task complete" in wrong order..

Hey all,

I (TomusGilbert), am trying to develop some Missions in Arma 3 and I'm using multiple tasks. But when I complete a task and a new one is assigned, the Task notifications pop-up in the wrong order (the "New task assigned" pops up before the the previous completed task pops up as "Task completed").

I have look all over, some people are saying stuff about placing triggers on top of each other and using delays, but nothing like that is working for me. Any Ideas?? :confused:

Thanks in Advance,

TomusGilbert

Hi TomusGilbert,

I understand you have this in your description.ext->

class CfgNotifications
{
class Default
{
	title = ""; // Tile displayed as text on black background. Filled by arguments.
	iconPicture = ""; // Small icon displayed in left part. Colored by "color", filled by arguments.
	iconText = ""; // Short text displayed over the icon. Colored by "color", filled by arguments.
	description = ""; // Brief description displayed as structured text. Colored by "color", filled by arguments.
	color[] = {1,1,1,1}; // Icon and text color
	duration = 5; // How many seconds will the notification be displayed
	priority = 0; // Priority; higher number = more important; tasks in queue are selected by priority
	difficulty[] = {}; // Required difficulty settings. All listed difficulties has to be enabled
};

// Examples
class TaskAssigned
{
	title = "TASK ASSIGNED";
	iconPicture = "\A3\ui_f\data\map\mapcontrol\taskIcon_ca.paa";
	description = "%1";
	priority = 7;
};
class ScoreAdded
{
	title = "Score bonus";
	iconText = "+%2";
	description = "%1";
	color[] = {0.5,1,1,1};
	priority = 0;
	difficulty[] = {"netStats"};
};
};

Just change the priority values and increase it to "SUCCEEDED TASKS"

Greets.

@M4RT14L

Thanks so much, I'll report back when I can try this..

Thanks,

TomusGilbert

Hey @M4RT14L

I'm confused, the description.ext file isn't located in my mission folder (Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\TomusGilbert\missions\[MP] Carrier Operations.Altis). Is it located somewhere else or do i have to create a new file (I use Notepad++)

Thanks again

I know you have said that you have read about using a trigger to delay the new task but it should be a simple as ...

You can just sync a trigger to your next taskCreate that does not fire until the previous task has completed. e.g Just place this in the triggers Condition

[ "tsk1" ]call BIS_fnc_taskState == "Succeeded"

Where tsk1 is the taskID of the previous task. This should be enough to make sure the task notifications come in order without having to make your own notifications in the description.ext.

If you find they are still not timed quite right you can also add some countdown delay to the trigger.

If you have other conditions for the previous task e.g it may have failed or been canceled, you can format the trigger condition like...

[ "tsk1" ]call BIS_fnc_taskState in [ "Succeeded", "Failed", "Canceled" ]

to catch any task completion state.

setup_tasks.pngtrigger_setup.png

@Larrow

Thanks so much mate! Very helpful! Also thanks to the other guys who helped and the quick responses!

TomusGilbert

Sorry for reviving an old thread but this was exactly the question I had and was hoping maybe something had been changed since.

If not it there some way to adjust this globally? Since apparently the tasks complete in the wrong order because of the priority they have been assigned

is it possible to change this priority across the board.

It just seems kinda stupid the way it is now. I can't think of a single situation where I would want tasks to be ordered where the new one gets assigned before the initial one states its completed. I've been resorting to just making a copy of the completion trigger with a 2 second delay but it seems like a pretty inefficient system to need 4 modules and 4 triggers just to make one task.