Sign in to follow this  
jc_

Poor way point marker visibility

Apparently it's a realism feature not having stuff in bright colors dance all over your pretty landscape but let me tell you, when your flying or driving which is hard enough at times, you DON'T want to fight a vanishing way point marker.

Please, Bohemia, give us the option to at least make markers properly visible at all times.

Also, a multiple way point system would be awesome as well as being able to set way points visible for selected multiple or single players.

Flying or driving? Even if you dont have Radar, your Waypoints show up on the circle as a big yellow square.

Flying, driving and walking.

The big yellow square is seen with some vehicles and not others.

Edited by Joe98

Yeah this still annoys me even after years of playing. Some simple missions can turn out to be freaking hard when you literally spent 5mins to find the marker from your screen and failing just because of that.

I'm pretty sure opening the journal (J) highlights it a bit more right, for like five seconds?

is there _any_ reason to have it as crappy as it currently is? makes you think it s not by design but by poor design and implementation ...

realism settings should allow for hardcore as well as vision impaired.

Personally I m having a real hard time orienting myself when flying halicopters, mostly bcus the HUD representation of the user configurable weaypoint marker even FADES when it aproaches the center of the screen.

seriously, just fix it, much like the ignored issues with hotas throttle controller implementation.

just do it.

Switching to night vision makes it easier to see. Not a fix, mind, just a nasty workaround.

Yeah it's very "interesting" that command/waypoints are the most hardest to see when they're actually in front of you. Always need to turn the head around to get it on the edge of the screen to see where the marker is.

Yeah it's very "interesting" that command/waypoints are the most hardest to see when they're actually in front of you. Always need to turn the head around to get it on the edge of the screen to see where the marker is.

I assume it's like that so the marker doesn't get intrusive if it happens to be say where your crosshairs and the enemy are, I'm mostly fine with it, but it would be nice if the marker would become stronger when the player gets right in its vicinity.

I agree with this, it would be nice to be-able to make way-point markers move visible, at least include it in the items affected by colour schemes.

simple fix,,, you can manipulate the color scheme of your HUD items... change it to a HOT Pink or something that does not occur naturally in color and the contrast will make it much more noticeable. I reverted mine to the A2 scheme (neon/Olive green) and that problem diappeared for me. Give it a shot

There's some other stuff you need to set up as well - I tried it on a mission and it worked OK.

I'm not at my PC but can have a look later and see if I can find the mission I did it on (or you could crack open the End Game - I think it's in there).

Something subtle at the top of the screen that is more visible would be great.