noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

If all goes well, I'll create and release a video explaining all the basic functionality of ACRE2 (without focus on advanced radio features or settings), specifically focusing on QoL and how to seamlessly transit from TFAR to ACRE2. It took our community close to 4 months of mucking about until we felt comfortable switching so you won't have to go through the same thing.

It is going to be rather basic but it'll bust most myths claiming ACRE2 is difficult to use or is not user friendly.

BullHorn i will be looking for the video. We had to switch back to TFAR because guys in my milsim thought it was too complicated.

I know that not being able to hear players that are not in game in a feature, but is there any way at all to disable this? When I play with friends we often have at least one person who isn't playing Arma that still wants to talk on teamspeak. We're trying to upgrade to ACRE2, but this is the only thing stopping us now :(

I know that not being able to hear players that are not in game in a feature, but is there any way at all to disable this? When I play with friends we often have at least one person who isn't playing Arma that still wants to talk on teamspeak. We're trying to upgrade to ACRE2, but this is the only thing stopping us now :(

IIRC they covered this before, it was a design choice to stop non-connected people being the voice of god.

IIRC they covered this before, it was a design choice to stop non-connected people being the voice of god.

I know it was a design by-choice, but surely theres a way to diable it for our use? I understand its use in normal gameplay, but for the way my group plays (moderate realism, low seriousness) it excludes people who want to hang out and talk but not play Arma at the moment

Is there a way to disable Babel when a player is in spectator?

Would running acre_api_fnc_babelSetSpokenLanguages upon death be enough?

Is there a way to disable Babel when a player is in spectator?

Would running acre_api_fnc_babelSetSpokenLanguages upon death be enough?

+1 I would be very interested in this feature.

From a short conversation with Nou, this is going to be changed when he gets around to it.

After a few months of testing, I came up with a video to help you guys implement ACRE2 in your community.

Testing ACRE 2 today, Downloaded from the link in this thread. And I do not have any radio sounds in game, I hear transmissions just fine. Just not the audio cue of keying up and what not. I checked my addons folder and i do have the acre_sys_sounds_2_1_0_811 pbo. suggestions ideas?

Try to install acre2 but have a problem. When I press Caps Lock I see a yellow message "Transmitting" but don't hear sound of start/end of radio button.

Also a quaetion - Is it possible to translate radio messages into other language?

I hope that you will include the Emergency Beacon feature into Acre 2:It will be easy to find people then,or how that might work.

We had severe issues on our first 30+ player ACRE2 training mission where people were stepping each other over direct speech. You had like 3 guys talking about combat and contacts, 3 guys talking about their pets and lunches and 1-2 guys trying to communicate commands over the radio. It was a mess...

I tested the direct speech ranges to get a better idea of which setting out of the 9 should be used for which situations. For testing purposes, I disabled all game audio and my Post-Mix slider was set to x3 (the setting that myself and many others in our community use):

hiA18ji.png

"LOUD" stands for where does the voice sound identical to how it did from point-blank

"QUIET" stands for where did I notice a severe drop in volume so that anything beyond it means that speakers no longer interrupt.

"BARELY AUDIBLE" stands for where you last hear the speech, a few steps beyond this range and you can't hear the speaker at all.

Measured with a Vector.

1/9 is good for radio silence or private discussions, sometimes in PVP.

2/9 is good for quiet private or small talks, especially things that aren't really important for anyone else.

3/9 is identical to TFAR except the audio doesn't magically disappear at 20 meters, it gradually fades out but quiet enough not to bother anyone. This is a good setting to use when talking about general things and when outside of combat.

4/9 and 5/9 are very different but I can't really define anything specific for it. 5/9 all the way to 9/9 is almost identical. Basically, I'd say that 5/9+ should be used only in emergencies like calling out contacts, calling for help or a medic, giving orders to a somewhat far buddy team, etc. Use common sense.

Edited by BullHorn

Have had my head in signal code the last couple weeks. Been moving it all over to C++ land, including loading and parsing WRP files. Multipath is now mostly implemented and to show some of the features, here are some reception graphs.

ACRE2 Signal Fading

The two images below show the received signal at the same spot, with the transmitter height changing in increments of 0.1 meters from 1m to 11m. The first image is at 40MHz, the second image is at 70MHz. The antenna is an idealized isotropic antenna with the same gain at any frequency, the signal results here are only affected by terrain, FSPL, and multipath fading effects. Simulated sensitivity for the generic receiver at 12dB SINAD is -116dBm.

C0k0V4t.png

At 40MHz fading occurs drastically and rapidly from 1 to 4 meters, peaking well above and dropping well below -116dBm.

xobhn99.png

At 70MHz, fading occurs less frequently, though there is a fairly rapid spike around 3m. The signal though never drops below -116dBm.

Hi.

My group recently fully switch to ACRE2 and we enjoy it. However, when som people die during a mission, they can't talk to each other unless they turn their plugin off.

In fact, during our missions, dead players usually switch to another TS channel in order to talk to each others while they watch the alive players continuing the mission with the Arma spectator view.

Is their another way to talk to each other while being dead than turning off the plugin ?

Edit : I just realized that the toggle spectator mode key could be the answer, is it ?

Edited by Sparfell_19

Sounds like a problem with your spectator script as normally this isn't an issue.

Sounds like a problem with your spectator script as normally this isn't an issue.

Thanks for your answer but we have no spectator script, it is vanilla spectator mode.

So, I have started getting the ACRE2 message as follows:

"ACRE has determined that players in this mission have an inventory that has desynchronized from the server, this is due to a bug in the mission or a bug in Arma 3, NOT ACRE. This message will not dissappear and is a warning that ACRE may no longer be functioning correctly in this mission. The players experiencing the bug are listed below"

Now, I have heard that this is either a bug with Arma or because of the mission being made incorrectly. However, I have not found any potential fixes or how to set missions up properly to avoid this problem. Apparently, it is due to loading inventory through means like VAS and Arsenal.

Does anyone have a fix for this? We are really wanting to use ACRE2 but it is being incredibly fiddly so far.

Thanks!

So, I have started getting the ACRE2 message as follows:

"ACRE has determined that players in this mission have an inventory that has desynchronized from the server, this is due to a bug in the mission or a bug in Arma 3, NOT ACRE. This message will not dissappear and is a warning that ACRE may no longer be functioning correctly in this mission. The players experiencing the bug are listed below"

Now, I have heard that this is either a bug with Arma or because of the mission being made incorrectly. However, I have not found any potential fixes or how to set missions up properly to avoid this problem. Apparently, it is due to loading inventory through means like VAS and Arsenal.

Does anyone have a fix for this? We are really wanting to use ACRE2 but it is being incredibly fiddly so far.

Thanks!

it happens if you remove then add the same uniform to a player in rapid sequence. the bug was supposedly fixed but you should still avoid it

put this simple workaround in your gear script

if (uniform unit != "uniform_you_want_to_add")
then
{
    removeUniform unit;
    unit forceAddUniform "uniform_you_want_to_add";
};

it happens if you remove then add the same uniform to a player in rapid sequence. the bug was supposedly fixed but you should still avoid it

put this simple workaround in your gear script

if (uniform unit != "uniform_you_want_to_add")
then
{
    removeUniform unit;
    unit forceAddUniform "uniform_you_want_to_add";
};

It does not happen when removing and then adding a uniform, it happens when i add any gear through VAS or BIS arsenal, it also happens when I load any of my present loadouts from Virtual ammo box or arsenal.

Edited by debrief

Zeus support - When? :3

That would be really nice. But i don´t know if this is possible ?

TFAR made it and it works awesome. I hope we will see same on ACRE asap...

Hey Nouber, don't know how you feel about this but some kind of "dying" feature for ACRE2 might be kinda cool where instead of cutting direct VON instantly when a player dies they might get a few seconds of fading speech. Perhaps with some subtle gurgling or death rattle mixer effect via Babel.

Just a thought ;)