noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

+1 for auto move feature. Miss that from TFAR, especially since ACRE doesn't allow you to hear anyone else in the channel, which is confusing for all if you forget to move yourself.

• Like 1

We had auto-channel move in ACRE1 and no one used it. Also since TFAR requires specific TS channels it makes more sense for them to implement it. We've never found the need for it to be that strong with ACRE2.

I used, We have separate briefing  before mission starts in deffrent ts chanels when playing pvp missions

Does anyone else have this problem that you always hear your friends with this Babel voice? Tried everything? All three modules are set in the mission. I can't even hear my mate if he is in the same BLUFOR unit. Can someone confirm this bug?

I am using the newest Teamspeak and Arma Apex update on Tanoa.

Greetings.

noxx

We're having the same issue. Haven't found a fix.

Does anyone else have this problem that you always hear your friends with this Babel voice? Tried everything? All three modules are set in the mission. I can't even hear my mate if he is in the same BLUFOR unit. Can someone confirm this bug?

I am using the newest Teamspeak and Arma Apex update on Tanoa.

Greetings.

noxx

There is a confirmed bug for JIP (join in progress) players, this should be fixed in the next release. What I can assume happening is that the affected player isn't present at the start of the mission/rejoins the mission.

An alternative for now is to not use the modules. An alternative for now is to not use the modules but rather the scripts see - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/mission-making-info#babel

Tanoa support is now in the next release betas. Hopefully we can call this an RC and get it out the door soon for everyone.

• Like 3

What I can assume happening is that the affected player isn't present at the start of the mission/rejoins the mission.

It's not that. I've set up a simple mission with just two BLUFOR playable units and just the modules... Does not work. Can't understand a single word my friend is saying. Does it simply not work with Tanoa?

Greetings again, and thank you so far!

noxx

Hi!

I've been trying to figure out how to do this on my own, but haven't been able to. We use persistent death in our community, and we use the MCC spectator script. I've seen that Shactac uses the same, but the key difference is that ShacTac is able to hear the people they are spectating as if they where there. In our case, if you are dead you only hear the other people who are dead.

Is there a way to do this, and if so, how?

It's not that. I've set up a simple mission with just two BLUFOR playable units and just the modules... Does not work. Can't understand a single word my friend is saying. Does it simply not work with Tanoa?

Greetings again, and thank you so far!

noxx

It seems the Basic Mission Setup module is broken for the setting "Babel Language Per Side" if you use the option "Per-Side /w Common" try using "Per-Side" instead. Everything should just fine on Tanoa.

Boop

Who are you ? What do you want ? What do you mean ? Does it start with "up" and finish with "date" ? 

Just a heads up, those people who use ACRE and are on Teamspeak Beta, version 3.1 of teamspeak will not allow you to enable ACRE.

They've changed their plugin/addon screen, and this message is given:

"Plugin failed to load: Api version is not compatible: 20 (current: 21)

im about to break down and use tfar.... I really dont want to... ACRE keeps crashing any mission i make on TANOA... if i disable ACRE the mission loads and progresses fine. 

Words cannot describe how mortified i am at the idea of having to put TFAR on my server... I absolutely LOATHE the audio fidelity. it just sounds like a pile of crap echo'ing in my ear.. Please push out that Update... 

I cant count how many times i have asked why some group uses TFAR and everytime their initial response is, "Well i downloaded ACRE first but i couldnt get it to work.."   I would ask if they got ACRE or ACRE2 stable release ... they would always answer ACRE and didnt know there was an ACRE2...

I honestly feel like the early exposure TFAR got and its "more complete" feel, Is killing ACRE2... 

I never Ever find servers that use it. Very rare, few and far between... My server has ran ACRE2 since its release and its been empty because no one uses or knows about acre all they hear is TFAR.... TFAR.... TFAR... so sad..

im about to break down and use tfar.... I really dont want to... ACRE keeps crashing any mission i make on TANOA... if i disable ACRE the mission loads and progresses fine.

I'm using ACRE2 stable and everything is fine on Tanoa

It's a known and alredy fixed bug in develompement version of ACRE (fixed in build 901). Last stable also should work fine (build 811).

Anyone able to tell me why my ACRE mod does this?

This will be due to how the mission is setup. I am going to assume this is using the modules.

There are two issues with the modules in ACRE2 in the present release:
  • JIP - Joining in the middle of the mission and the modules will not work properly
  • The modules that can set babel is bugged with a particular option (as outlined earlier in the thread)
Both will be fixed in the next release.

This can be circumvented for now but simply not using the modules. If the functionality is still desired use the ACRE script functions in the mission. - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/mission-making-info
Unfortunately ACRE is a bit of a burden for the mission maker to setup properly at present with the modules being broken in some typical use cases. For the time being a different setup in the mission could avoid these bugs.

This will be due to how the mission is setup. I am going to assume this is using the modules.

There are two issues with the modules in ACRE2 in the present release:
  • JIP - Joining in the middle of the mission and the modules will not work properly
  • The modules that can set babel is bugged with a particular option (as outlined earlier in the thread)
Both will be fixed in the next release.

This can be circumvented for now but simply not using the modules. If the functionality is still desired use the ACRE script functions in the mission. - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/mission-making-info
Unfortunately ACRE is a bit of a burden for the mission maker to setup properly at present with the modules being broken in some typical use cases. For the time being a different setup in the mission could avoid these bugs.

I had a similar issue a few months ago, and it was caused by the strangest issue. If the teamspeak channel is set to a certain codec (opus I think?) then that sound happens whenever someone talks. It confused us for a while as we were setting up babel and thought we had broken it. I was never able to confirm if it was ACRE or something we were doing but the issue went as soon as we changed codec. So that might be worth looking at.

Tanoa works fine on stable and latest dev-build. If you are using a dev-build between those, Tanoa will not work due to encrypted data which is required for signal calculations.

hello all, thank you for your responses. I went threw again and tested ACRE2 on tanoa after a fresh download ( i had v.811)

seems to work, IE it doesnt crash my game during a preview.  I have not tested on my dedicated as its still running vanilla missions right now. 

I dont know what the deal was with my previous tests. more then likely a mod conflict. If i find out what was wrong on my end ill report back. 

Thanks again peeps,

LP