noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

no sorry i ment the actual teamspeak server not the game server but i think i figured it out .... no the teamspeak server does not get plugins... only the taemspeek client...

and for the record i know how to run it on my Game... and on my dedicated Game server... but I have never admin'd a teamspeak server... i just recently started one.. so i needed to know that info... thanks anyways. 

LP

no sorry i ment the actual teamspeak server not the game server but i think i figured it out .... no the teamspeak server does not get plugins... only the taemspeek client...

and for the record i know how to run it on my Game... and on my dedicated Game server... but I have never admin'd a teamspeak server... i just recently started one.. so i needed to know that info... thanks anyways. 

LP

I have no clue what you just said, but I'm happy you managed to get it running!

A friend and I are having a weird issue. When one of us tries to use the radio, sometimes the other can't hear it on the radio, but can always hear it on direct (if we are within earshot). This issue happens to both of us. This usually doesn't happen initially, but after a few minutes we start having the issue and it gets worse with time. We can hear the beep noise when we begin transmitting even when the message doesn't get received. We tried restarting TeamSpeak but after that we couldn't hear each other on the radios at all. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

We both have ACRE 2.1.0.811. We have both tried TeamSpeak 3.0.16 and 3.0.19. I also tried TeamSpeak 3.0.11, but I couldn't get the plugin to load. We use are both using 64-bit everything. The hot keys we are using do not conflict and we have remapped the default in-game keys (VON, etc...). We do not use the same key for both ACRE2 and TeamSpeak. The server we are using is a dedicated server which uses the same @acre2 directory as my client. Let me know if any other information would be useful.

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Does ACRE2 plan on having built in radios for vehicles? Its one of the major issues with deciding on ACRE or TFAR (And I really love ACRE).

Does ACRE2 plan on having built in radios for vehicles? Its one of the major issues with deciding on ACRE or TFAR (And I really love ACRE).

If this is the only point of discussion, I'd say go for ACRE.

What do you use most, direct speech or radio?

We use direct speech 90% of the time, only important messages are said over the radio.

ACRE's direct speech is 1000x better than TFAR's.

If this is the only point of discussion, I'd say go for ACRE.

What do you use most, direct speech or radio?

We use direct speech 90% of the time, only important messages are said over the radio.

ACRE's direct speech is 1000x better than TFAR's.

I love ACRE (I have my unit using it and they never even heard of ACRE). My only concern is for communications with aircraft. The aircraft don't have built in radios and they need that to communicate with each other and ground.

I love ACRE (I have my unit using it and they never even heard of ACRE). My only concern is for communications with aircraft. The aircraft don't have built in radios and they need that to communicate with each other and ground.

Couldnt you simply give the troop commander or the FAC and the pilot a 152?

@mannulus

You could add a radio to every vehicle inventory. That's what we did in my old clan.

• Like 1

@mannulus

You could add a radio to every vehicle inventory. That's what we did in my old clan.

Yes, you could. The problem is, the 152 has smaller range then high-powered on-board equipment which aircraft always have. Had problems with not being able to communicate with fellow pilots due to limited comm range in many occasions. What's more, being a pilot I was working as a radio relay whenever limited comm range came into a play. ACRE for A2 had on-board devices and they worked flawlessly. It'd be great to have them again.

There is suppose to be some mysterious update coming soon (probably within the next 5 years). Maybe those features will be added.

Development of ACRE 2 has been pretty secret. The gitlab, which has been down for quite a while, is now back up. Unfortunately, there is no road map or milestones set. 

The next stable update will be focused mostly on improving the signal simulation, direct speech and fixing the bugs. "New"(old) features probably come after that.

Development has slowed down significantly the last few months, everyone got really busy with real life, and it turns out working on real radios is a bit time consuming for me... :P

We have some plans though to give development a shot in the arm here after the next stable release. Hopefully going to be able to get some work done on it tomorrow. There is just a couple more features we want to add (mainly Tanoa support, and some options to disable some of the more realistic simulation aspects).

• Like 5

Development has slowed down significantly the last few months, everyone got really busy with real life, and it turns out working on real radios is a bit time consuming for me... :P

We have some plans though to give development a shot in the arm here after the next stable release. Hopefully going to be able to get some work done on it tomorrow. There is just a couple more features we want to add (mainly Tanoa support, and some options to disable some of the more realistic simulation aspects).

At the very least, get built in vehicle radios in there. It can be a basic 117 in vehicle accessed by three buttons pushed together or whatever. As long as the pilot(s) don't have to carry a radio to talk to each other, I am happy. ACRE is supreme to TFAR, but TFAR has more features (auto channel move for example) and that is hurting ACRE I think.

You guys have come a long way since ArmA 2. You got this! :3

We had auto-channel move in ACRE1 and no one used it. Also since TFAR requires specific TS channels it makes more sense for them to implement it. We've never found the need for it to be that strong with ACRE2.

This is a great feature for large PvP events because we do a separate top secret briefing for each team  :P

This is a great feature for large PvP events because we do a separate top secret briefing for each team  :P

You have babel  ;)

You have babel  ;)

Babel is in game, we do our 35 players per side briefings on the map before launching the mission.

We had auto-channel move in ACRE1 and no one used it. Also since TFAR requires specific TS channels it makes more sense for them to implement it. We've never found the need for it to be that strong with ACRE2.

ACRE2 Spector system is so great. not need separate Channel. I love it.

We just tried ACRE in coop for first time. Many of us experienced radios not working anymore, 3D speech was ok but pressing verr maj wasn't transmiting anymore. Anyone already had this kind of issues ?

What ACRE version, TS version and island?

Current ACRE 2 (2.1.0.811), TS 3.0.19, Tanoa. So I just saw this TS3 version isn't suported, is ACRE that sensible to TS updates ?

I personally got  TS 3.0.18 or 2versions lower depending on pc i play but don't have any problems on tanoa, acre version as Yours mate

I must have some conflicts with other mods. I will investigate. Thanks.

Well please write them down in here so we can have better knowledge in this case.

Also did You put modules of ACRE2 in mission?

I sometimes have bug/error and need to restart plugin in TS cause i hear everyone, restarting plugin resolves that case.

I took some time and cleaned a lot of our repository, I'll come back to you if I'm able to reproduce the issue on our next game. Thanks.