noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

I'm going to swoop right in here to ask a question. It might sound a bit stupid because I don't even play Arma 3 and what I'm about to ask might already be in ACRE2, but I run an Arma 2 unit and we will be switching to A3 soon enough, so I'd rather ask now.

So the question is: is there a way to force the speakers on TS3 to mute when someone dies? So if a teammate is dead, he can't hear his mates talking near his dead body. I don't think this is possible with ACRE1 anyway, but perhaps with ACRE2? If it's not there yet, then consider this as a kind and very hopeful request for the future! :)

Yes, it is possible. There is the function acre_api_fnc_setSpectator that does exactly this. More information can be found inhttp://acre.idi-systems.com/api/api_general.html#acre_api_fnc_setSpectator

• Like 1

Yes, it is possible. There is the function acre_api_fnc_setSpectator that does exactly this. More information can be found inhttp://acre.idi-systems.com/api/api_general.html#acre_api_fnc_setSpectator

Thanks for the answer. I had a look at the API and saw that already but I just wasn't sure what "spectator" meant in this case.

Now I see I hadn't read all of it before. I guess dead guys are moved to a "dead" channel automatically anyway by the looks of it and they can't hear anyone. This is nice.

OK i may be dense in asking this, but im seeing a few recent posts of talks switching over to acre, and was curious as i have very little knowledge of the inner working of these mods, what exactly is difference b/w Acre and TFR?  like what some differences b/w the two that are making people considering switching over to Acre?

OK i may be dense in asking this, but im seeing a few recent posts of talks switching over to acre, and was curious as i have very little knowledge of the inner working of these mods, what exactly is difference b/w Acre and TFR?  like what some differences b/w the two that are making people considering switching over to Acre?

ACRE has a much more simulation approach than TFAR. You can check the documentation of ACRE 2 in the wiki: http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/home

Hum wrong version name it's 2.1.0.811 not 898.

898 is a development version and has issues (though it also has many fixes), but I don't think ACRE team wants that to be hosted publicly anywhere. It's by no means an official release version.

898 is a development version and has issues (though it also has many fixes), but I don't think ACRE team wants that to be hosted publicly anywhere. It's by no means an official release version.

Playwithsix is still at 811 when they say it's 898. That's what i mean with my last message.

I was referring more to the PW6 update message.

I assume changelog is not available ATM?

Wysłane z mojego Moto G 2014 przy użyciu Tapatalka

This is not a public build so no public changelog. It has a lot of debug stuff included, this particular one has 152s broken and recent builds have issues with signal cutting out.

Development changelogs are available on the ACRE Team Slack. As for access to that, last time I checked it was only available to those invited/approved by Nou/Snippers/team.

• Like 1

Bug in stable where if you try and set a freq, whenever you add 1 number it sets like 8 numbers after it.

Also, I'm getting no radio squelch noises. :unsure:

My error messages below.

[23:48:45.103] Error querying microphone input status: client library not initialized

[23:48:45.103] Error toggling microphone enabled: client library not initialized

Worked out the squelch issue by just re-installing TS3.

Is there any fix to the frame rate degradation whilst someone is transmitting on a radio? :unsure:

Is there any fix to the frame rate degradation whilst someone is transmitting on a radio? :unsure:

Been having that issue with ACRE for a long time now. I know it was reported but haven't seen it fixed ever.

We're experimenting with ACRE2(2.1.0.811) now, and it's great, but we're having issues with JIP not being able to use radios, or even get into the radio interface, and a variation of not hearing direct voice, or not transmitting in direct voice.

Any thoughts on what this might be?

We have been in active development this whole time, it is just that there are significant changes in the next version and we really want to flesh them out.

That being said though, things have been hectic with real life the last few months for everyone on the ACRE team. Luckily all good news for everyone, but still busy busy busy. We've been on the verge of a public release for 6 weeks now, we just need to get a couple more tests out and done.

Also my real life stuff is that I am now working on programming real life radios.

• Like 11

Hey, first of all: Well done with this mod. But sadly i run into a huge problem when it comes to ACE integration. I've seen a video on how you can manage your radios via the ACE self interact menu. But after installing both mods and starting up in multiplayer I simply just can't get the "Radios" menu in my self interact menu. Can someone please help me...?

Greetings from Germany!

noxx

The ACE integration module is only supposed to work with ACRE versions newer than 827 (afaik?) which is a development version thus not publicly available and the module itself wasn't officialy released.

Other than that, it should work "out of the box".

The ACE integration module is only supposed to work with ACRE versions newer than 827 (afaik?) which is a development version thus not publicly available and the module itself wasn't officialy released.

Other than that, it should work "out of the box".

Thank you for the fast reply! So you are saying, that I have to wait for the ACE integration? Or is it possible to get a version with ACE integration anywhere? =)

Greetings from Germany!

noxx!

When the next official Acre release happens you'll be able to work with ACE3.

So my group is having the weirdest issue with ACRE currently, Everyone sounds as if they are talking over radio 5km away, even thought they're right next to me. 

Here is a video of the issue: 

Also we believe it might be ALiVE, but we haven't tested that yet. We also have to send one guy in to load the mission first (ACRE will not work for the first one in) then after the first guy loads in everyone joins and the first guy disconnects and reconnects. Then it will work for the group. But this is the closest to "working" we can get currently.

EXTREMELY BIG UPDATE: I am an idiot. I had Babel turned on in the mission, so sorry for wasting some persons time.

• Like 1

Having some issues with acre, mainly being is that for some reason while in game I can hear everyone's radios (every single channel) no matter if I have a radio in my inventory or not. This happens all the time no matter where I am at and it is extremely annoying as I cannot hear my other group mates at all in local proximity chat. Is there a known fix for this?

just a quick question ... to get this to run properly it needs to be installed on the Teamspeek server as well right... and by that i mean the Plugins..

i need to install the acre plugins onto my server?? correct??

just a quick question ... to get this to run properly it needs to be installed on the Teamspeek server as well right... and by that i mean the Plugins..

i need to install the acre plugins onto my server?? correct??

Client: 

Arma 3 Mod + TS3 Plugin

Server:

Arma 3 Mod

The TS3 Plugin does not need to be installed on the server