noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

You can change behavior of this mod by placing modules in mission.

With another module You can set up channels and give radios to everyone.

But this is optional.

All You really need to do is to give short/middle/long range radios to players inventory.

Plus, everything can be changed in init.sqf if You have set-up that You need, and then simply copy-paste it to another missions.

I come to you gentlemen as I/we have a problem. In the group I play with on certain missions the error pops up about ACRE breaking for one or two players which leaves that horrible message on the screen for everyone :( which really gets in the way and ruins videos. Is there a known reason for the exact cause as to why that happens because we had to endure it for over and hour. As said it seems to be certain missions it occurs on we think and I'm hoping there is a solvent for it.

(If there isn't a solvent is it possible to remove that really intrusive message that comes up?)

You can go back to slot choosing screen and then enter mission again, then for You this message will disappear. (I am not talking about #reassign). Try it.

I come to you gentlemen as I/we have a problem. In the group I play with on certain missions the error pops up about ACRE breaking for one or two players which leaves that horrible message on the screen for everyone :( which really gets in the way and ruins videos. Is there a known reason for the exact cause as to why that happens because we had to endure it for over and hour. As said it seems to be certain missions it occurs on we think and I'm hoping there is a solvent for it.

(If there isn't a solvent is it possible to remove that really intrusive message that comes up?)

If you are talking about the message that appears saying something along the lines of a mismatch between server and client etc. My community had this issue when we first swapped to ACRE 2 and it usually came down to the way users received radios. Unfortunately the only way of removing the message for a client is for them to re-log to the server as mentioned above, and this will only work for the client who re-logs (not really effective if an entire server population needs to reconnect because of one radio). A way my community has managed to minimise the chance of getting that message is the following. Any radio that is added to a client we try to make sure the server is the one adding the radio. So if we use the debug console we use the ServerExec button, Our loadout script we have is only run on the server and if we have radios in crates we make sure the they are added using the command 

addItemCargoGlobal ["Radio_ClassName", Quantity];

I recommend that you avoid using something like VAS or the Virtual Arsenal when adding radios as we have had that cause that error to appear multiple times. I can say that using all the cautionary methods listed above my group has not seen that error message for nearly a year now.

Where are the special backpacks for radios that Arma 2 had? I have missed them from Arma 2. Also is there a update coming for this mod? I would love to see one soon.

Backpacks - The PRC-77 and PRC-117F are radios that only fit in backpacks in ACRE2. The 117F was a 'backpack radio' in ACRE. At present there are no dedicated backpacks with antennas in ACRE2.

Is an update coming? - Yes

They also need to add the ability to mount radios to vehicles and have all vehicles have built in long range radios.

I am not sure why this is necessary. It will be nice to see. The handheld 152/148 radios are also capable of line of sight over 20km. The 117F has an even longer range is far more than sufficient for any aircraft on any pretty much any practical terrain. The important thing to note is that terrain is naturally the biggest blocker to radio signal and simply putting more power into a radio via vehicle rack isn't going to solve that. If terrain loss is an issue you can always disable it through the ACRE API.

Do I have to set up anything in the mission editor to use this mod? Like I would have to for using Task Force Radio?

No, but this depends on what you want. The modules offer some customization or alternatively the ACRE SQF API offers the most customization. If you wish to do some simple scripting see: http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/mission-making-info

Backpacks - The PRC-77 and PRC-117F are radios that only fit in backpacks in ACRE2. The 117F was a 'backpack radio' in ACRE. At present there are no dedicated backpacks with antennas in ACRE2.

Is an update coming? - Yes

If you are talking about the message that appears saying something along the lines of a mismatch between server and client etc. My community had this issue when we first swapped to ACRE 2 and it usually came down to the way users received radios. Unfortunately the only way of removing the message for a client is for them to re-log to the server as mentioned above, and this will only work for the client who re-logs (not really effective if an entire server population needs to reconnect because of one radio). A way my community has managed to minimise the chance of getting that message is the following. Any radio that is added to a client we try to make sure the server is the one adding the radio. So if we use the debug console we use the ServerExec button, Our loadout script we have is only run on the server and if we have radios in crates we make sure the they are added using the command 

addItemCargoGlobal ["Radio_ClassName", Quantity];

I recommend that you avoid using something like VAS or the Virtual Arsenal when adding radios as we have had that cause that error to appear multiple times. I can say that using all the cautionary methods listed above my group has not seen that error message for nearly a year now.

It was only 1 or 2 people that were having this issue, if those having the problem go back to the lobby screen and REJIP, will that remove the error message box for everyone or will it still be present for those who didn't REJIP?

Damn, is it possible to get an update to prevent that message displaying in that case? Unless it is definitely a mission problem.

Damn, is it possible to get an update to prevent that message displaying in that case? Unless it is definitely a mission problem.

I wouldn't expect to see a update that removes the message. In most cases when I have encountered it there has been something wrong with radio usage usually where to people have the same radio ID which can make things very confusing. Also the message itself does mention that it is caused by the mission, and in practice following the things I mentioned in my other post my group hasn't encountered it for a very long time. 

Hey guys

My group just this week made the move from Task Force Radio to ACRE and so far everyone is loving it. While a little more tricky to use than TFAR overall we are all very pleased we made the move. The extra realism ACRE brings is fantastic.

However just tonight we came across a crippling game breaking issue (I wouldn't say bug as this might be by design) but my group plays a reasonable amount of Role play missions where the Zeus player will need to remote control different AI throughout the world.

Now the problem we found is when Zeus (beit a proper curator Zeus or MCC Zeus) used the remote control feature he could not hear or speak with the other players around the remote controlled players.

Sadly this is a game breaker for us due to the different types of missions.

Now does anyone know of a work around, any script or if any of the files in the EXTRAS folder can enable Zeus to communicate with other players via remote control.

Also on a second note when players have been killed is there any script or anyway other dead players can communicate with each other. When we used TFAR all dead players were able to chat amongst themselves about what happened and commentate on the remaining part of the mission. This was extremely fun and enjoyable for players once they were dead and in spectator mode.

Cheers guys.

Hey guys

My group just this week made the move from Task Force Radio to ACRE and so far everyone is loving it. While a little more tricky to use than TFAR overall we are all very pleased we made the move. The extra realism ACRE brings is fantastic.

However just tonight we came across a crippling game breaking issue (I wouldn't say bug as this might be by design) but my group plays a reasonable amount of Role play missions where the Zeus player will need to remote control different AI throughout the world.

Now the problem we found is when Zeus (beit a proper curator Zeus or MCC Zeus) used the remote control feature he could not hear or speak with the other players around the remote controlled players.

Sadly this is a game breaker for us due to the different types of missions.

Now does anyone know of a work around, any script or if any of the files in the EXTRAS folder can enable Zeus to communicate with other players via remote control.

Also on a second note when players have been killed is there any script or anyway other dead players can communicate with each other. When we used TFAR all dead players were able to chat amongst themselves about what happened and commentate on the remaining part of the mission. This was extremely fun and enjoyable for players once they were dead and in spectator mode.

Cheers guys.

On player death execute [true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator; to allow the dead to talk to eachother.

If executed on a curator it will also allow the curator to hear nearby players when remote controlling or in "normal" strategy view.

Unfortunately ACRE stopped development before they really worked on adding in support for Zeus so that's why you'll likely won't find what you're looking for.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Wait, you say development on ACRE has stopped (while I can see that there wasn't an update for a long time I never thought that...since TFR didn't saw an update for a long time either.)

That would actually suck, because I thought to switch with my group as well in the next couple of month!

That is false. ACRE team works on mod. Hope they will post some info about next release soon.

• Like 1

Good, that kinda scared and confused me for a moment (I mean the first two mods that come to mind when thinking of Arma are ACE and ACRE for me! ^^)

On player death execute [true] call acre_api_fnc_setSpectator; to allow the dead to talk to eachother.

If executed on a curator it will also allow the curator to hear nearby players when remote controlling or in "normal" strategy view.

Unfortunately ACRE stopped development before they really worked on adding in support for Zeus so that's why you'll likely won't find what you're looking for.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

But I'm guess the Zeus won't be able to talk back, and I'm guess it will also just disable proximity chat and Zeus will be able to hear everything everyone is saying all the time?

ACRE2 development has never stopped. They are making constant progress towards a new release. http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/activity.

But I'm guess the Zeus won't be able to talk back, and I'm guess it will also just disable proximity chat and Zeus will be able to hear everything everyone is saying all the time?

On the Zeus side, they fixed the ability to speak through Zeus controlled units in the upcoming version. http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/77

Woops, my bad then.

I'll be honest I just said that because there hasn't been an update in a year or so and this thread being hardly active...Assumptions ya know :S

I'd be glad if an update would come out though, I've been using ACRE (& correspondingly ACRE2) for like 4 years now :)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

What is the go with Joining In Progress, we had players join just minutes after server launch and they sounded all roboty and jibbery. Is that the babble feature? But they are on our side and everything. I'm not sure. What do you do about JIP?

Players tried re-logging, restarting teamspeak and a bunch of other things but they still couldn't understand their own allies.

I got the same problem with some guys. Are you using ACE ? If yes let them delete the change Babble mode in the ACRE key config menu.

Does anyone know of the best place to post bugs and feedback? I have a short list of things that I think would be great additions to streamline the mod a bit and make it a more effective tool.

I'm not quite sure the devs really follow this thread, so if anyone has the ideal place to make some recommendations that would awesome.

Any plans on integrating ACRE with Discord? Or is this simply not possible?

• Like 1

Any plans on integrating ACRE with Discord? Or is this simply not possible?

Not possible.

This warning is still present in the latest 854 when running only cba and acre2.

http://i.imgur.com/acssbuD.jpg

Get's fixed after cup terrain pack is added.

We're thinking about switching to acre2 with my community and after some tests with api I'm really delighted.

API documentation is really detailed and has so many great features.

Thanks a lot for this great mod.

I'm going to swoop right in here to ask a question. It might sound a bit stupid because I don't even play Arma 3 and what I'm about to ask might already be in ACRE2, but I run an Arma 2 unit and we will be switching to A3 soon enough, so I'd rather ask now.

So the question is: is there a way to force the speakers on TS3 to mute when someone dies? So if a teammate is dead, he can't hear his mates talking near his dead body. I don't think this is possible with ACRE1 anyway, but perhaps with ACRE2? If it's not there yet, then consider this as a kind and very hopeful request for the future! :)

The following is NOT a issue, and is a FEATURE in ACRE2: When you are in game and ACRE is connected you will NOT be able to hear people that are not in the game as well. This is meant as a failsafe to any issues where someone might be having connectivity issues with ACRE and it is designed to minimize and reduce situations that can reduce immersion.

Any way to disable this? Even if I have to modify some game files?