noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

I am willing to donate to the ACRE2 development in order to get the Mumble Plugin and improved ACRE2 Omnibus support. Omnibus has not been updated fully since the beginning of 2015. It is well overdue for an update of the full system.

Thanks for the explanation. I hope they will develop it again with the help of the community.

Hi im experiencing some bugs with ACRE 2. I myself isn't experiencing them but 3 out of the 7 people in my group are, basically they are getting Crash Errors and aren't being able to hear everyones voices and on of the members is experiencing the crash error which then results to CTD. Anyone have any solutions? we are running TS on 3.0.18.

• Like 1

it appears development on this addon has ceased sadly. CTD's widely reported and no response or support from developers. I traditionally have been "an ACRE guy" but it's time to make the switch to TFAR in order to have reliable combat communications.  I pray they either begin updating this project again or make it an open source community project to keep it alive

• Like 3

it appears development on this addon has ceased sadly. CTD's widely reported and no response or support from developers. I traditionally have been "an ACRE guy" but it's time to make the switch to TFAR in order to have reliable combat communications.  I pray they either begin updating this project again or make it an open source community project to keep it alive

Development has not ceased -> http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/activity

Admittedly development has been slow as all the current active developers have a lot of other commitments. We are still working on it and would love to get a new release out. There is already a lot of improvements that will be included in the next release.

The proper place to file a bug-report for ACRE2 is here -> http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues

I have been running ACRE2 fine with my community with no CTDs. Sounds like something else is going on here, possibly ACRE and another mod conflicting. Please file a bug report and upload some rpts.

Since latest patched, cba update and other mods update, with same server and mission, acre start desync inventory a lot more than before, some error on screen in handlemultipletransmission.sqf & co, some other bug already reported ( maybe? ).

I see there's something going on on that gitlab but don't know what.
Why simply not make that git public like cba, ace and so on? ^_^  I think many of us like follow push and commit more closely, fork their own git, make some test and also build some personal version to fix some problem that are already fixed since a lot ( radio&resolution ) but update wasn't released. 

• Like 1

Since latest patched, cba update and other mods update, with same server and mission, acre start desync inventory a lot more than before, some error on screen in handlemultipletransmission.sqf & co, some other bug already reported ( maybe? ).

"acre start desync inventory" is the result of the game desynchronizing the inventory of a player. The code that triggers this warning actually reads through all the inventories of players on the server. This is a BI bug, that can happen quite often when using the virtual aresnal. We created some tickets on the BI tracker with reproduction steps but these didn't receive many upvotes and as such seemed to be ignored. This bug then prevents ACRE from knowing what radios a player really has. So you would then never hear that person talking on a radio. This bug can be avoided by using missions that handle gear assignment in a manner where a new uniform is not added on the same frame a uniform is added (except during init). For instance the assign gear component of F3 never encounters this problem.

It is true that many things are fixed but there is a lot of expieremental stuff for instance some islands don't work with ACRE dev builds right now. JP, Nou and myself are putting time into improving ACRE and working towards a new release. No ETA, but it is being worked on. 

The current stable release is still highly playable and is basically what I use in my own community.

If you are expierencing any bugs please do report them on our tracker and I will look into them : http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues
  • Like 3

I'm having an issue that I haven't been able to find a solution for. I'm running the latest ACE/ACRE/CBA and I can't get the setting to work to enable multiple people to transmit at the same time. I've tried every combination that I can with the difficulty module but no joy. If you key up while someone else is transmitting on the same net you will not xmit and only talk in local. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: 

Difficulty settings are Duplex enabled and Interference Disabled.

I'm having an issue that I haven't been able to find a solution for. I'm running the latest ACE/ACRE/CBA and I can't get the setting to work to enable multiple people to transmit at the same time. I've tried every combination that I can with the difficulty module but no joy. If you key up while someone else is transmitting on the same net you will not xmit and only talk in local. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: 

Difficulty settings are Duplex enabled and Interference Disabled.

I am sorry to say that full duplex is currently broken in the public release. It should be working in the dev builds atm -> http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/54

• Like 1

Hey,

I'm evaluating ACRE for our group to potentially replace TFAR. One obvious thing that isn't working for us right now is the beep/tone/noise that I believe should occur when the PTT is pressed and released (see this video for example of the noise I'm referring to: https://youtu.be/bO78fK2lauU?t=2m10s).The message is still transmitted, just no audio indication with any radio. Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks

Check if you have your sound pack volume turned up like in the linked pic below. Sound will be silent if disabled or turned down.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/ts3_volume.png

Yes, I've got it maxed out. Also tried adjusting various in-game audio sliders. It is the same for another member who tried it with me.

I remember having a similar issue with TFAR, caused by not copying a bunch of sound files in the Teamspeak 3 plugins folder. Is there anything similar for ACRE (can't see any in the downloaded zip)?

Nope, just the dll and the pbo's

Nope, just the dll and the pbo's

I've got the win64.dll in the Teamspeak 3 plugins folder. All pbos in the Arma 3/@acre2/addons folder (both server and client). Anything I've missed?

Only other thing I can think of is we're running latest CBA (v2.3.1).

Any idea on when we might be seeing retrans for ACRE like we had in ArmA 2? Also is there any information regarding the issue where players experience extremely long load times with ACRE being enabled? 

Dear ACRE developers, testers, can You confirm that ACRE will work with TS 3.0.19 without issues?

Yes, ACRE works with TS version 3.0.19 since the API version didn't change.

• Like 2

Does ACRE2 block alive players chatter while dead players are in spectator? 

To be more specific, in my group - dead players in spec cant hear living players chatter. Is there a way to change this?

Does ACRE2 block alive players chatter while dead players are in spectator? 

To be more specific, in my group - dead players in spec cant hear living players chatter. Is there a way to change this?

Yes it does. You could in addition force enable/disable this feature at any given moment by using the function acre_api_fnc_setSpectator. It is described here

Where are the special backpacks for radios that Arma 2 had? I have missed them from Arma 2. Also is there a update coming for this mod? I would love to see one soon.

Where are the special backpacks for radios that Arma 2 had? I have missed them from Arma 2. Also is there a update coming for this mod? I would love to see one soon.

Also the thing that is really the shining star for ACRE is retrans and I have been told that it isn't even in the cards for any time in the next several months.

They also need to add the ability to mount radios to vehicles and have all vehicles have built in long range radios.

• Like 1

They also need to add the ability to mount radios to vehicles and have all vehicles have built in long range radios.

Agree that the main reason i.use tfar for my unit other wise acre all the way.
  • Like 1

I come to you gentlemen as I/we have a problem. In the group I play with on certain missions the error pops up about ACRE breaking for one or two players which leaves that horrible message on the screen for everyone :( which really gets in the way and ruins videos. Is there a known reason for the exact cause as to why that happens because we had to endure it for over and hour. As said it seems to be certain missions it occurs on we think and I'm hoping there is a solvent for it.

(If there isn't a solvent is it possible to remove that really intrusive message that comes up?)

• Like 1

Do I have to set up anything in the mission editor to use this mod? Like I would have to for using Task Force Radio?