noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

Hello.

I was hoping for some clarification on the acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI.

We are running a coop mission that creates all enemy AI via script.

Also we run ASR_AI and ACE, which are the only two mods we use which effect the AI. (apart from ACRE)

We have noticed that the AI will not respond to player voices no matter how close we are or how long we talk near them.

We tested this using a debug mode that allowed us to teleport behind the AI and be hidden via a map object and then talked on the radios for 5mins with no effect on the AIs behavior. 

(low stone wall etc) no the wall did not block the transmission of the voice we checked that.

Is there any conflicts or things we might be doing wrong that would explain why the AI still cannot hear us ?

Thanks for the great mod once again :)

Instead puting instructions in something like wikia, you put it on http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre.

THANK YOU, it works like crap with loading times above acceptable.  Then, when it finally loaded I wanted to see "mission maker api" - it requires a log in. Why? Why would it require me to log in? Then I wanted to create an account, took me forever, but never get a confirmation e-mail and I can't login without it. Ofcourse resending it doesn't work. No, it's not in spam. My friend tested it and has the same issue.

Documentation access is VERY disappointing.

• Like 1

Regarding the AI hearing/alerting functionality. According to my tests the AI reacts to all voice communication closer than 100 meters with the AI hearing option enabled. I believe that this is not the way it's supposed to work?

Seems like a cool feature, but alerting within 100 meters seems harsch when whispering. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

where is this setting and can we confirm that this works or doesnt work as stated a few posts up???

I thought it was default behavior for the ai to hear you, not that i had to pass a setting to the game...

Do i i have to declare a variable in the mission file for the AI to be able to hear me or do i have to just run the mod on the server like usuall??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[#RANT]

I HAVE TO AGREE ..... the access to documentation is kinda crappy .I am just trying to find the information about "AI can hear us" feature but i cannot access it because of this issue..[#ENDRANT]

• Like 1

Hello.

I was hoping for some clarification on the acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI.

We are running a coop mission that creates all enemy AI via script.

Also we run ASR_AI and ACE, which are the only two mods we use which effect the AI. (apart from ACRE)

We have noticed that the AI will not respond to player voices no matter how close we are or how long we talk near them.

We tested this using a debug mode that allowed us to teleport behind the AI and be hidden via a map object and then talked on the radios for 5mins with no effect on the AIs behavior. 

(low stone wall etc) no the wall did not block the transmission of the voice we checked that.

Is there any conflicts or things we might be doing wrong that would explain why the AI still cannot hear us ?

Thanks for the great mod once again :)

This is odd I haven't seen an issue with this functionality with ASR or ACE, it should work regardless of mods. This feature has already been rewritten for the next version. IIRC it is enabled by default, if it isn't you could running the function to enable it on all clients? iirc. [true] call acre_api_fnc_setRevealToAI;

Instead puting instructions in something like wikia, you put it on http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre.

THANK YOU, it works like crap with loading times above acceptable.  Then, when it finally loaded I wanted to see "mission maker api" - it requires a log in. Why? Why would it require me to log in? Then I wanted to create an account, took me forever, but never get a confirmation e-mail and I can't login without it. Ofcourse resending it doesn't work. No, it's not in spam. My friend tested it and has the same issue.

Documentation access is VERY disappointing.

The server was recently migrated and updated, unfortunately this has resulted in some parts of the website/documentation not properly working. The mission maker API part is currently not setup properly like it was on the old server. Eventually this will be fixed. I don't know why but the server is a lot slower than it usually is. In the meanwhile feel free to consult with this page: http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/mission-making-info

where is this setting and can we confirm that this works or doesnt work as stated a few posts up???

I thought it was default behavior for the ai to hear you, not that i had to pass a setting to the game...

Do i i have to declare a variable in the mission file for the AI to be able to hear me or do i have to just run the mod on the server like usuall??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[#RANT]

I HAVE TO AGREE ..... the access to documentation is kinda crappy .I am just trying to find the information about "AI can hear us" feature but i cannot access it because of this issue..[#ENDRANT]

I already addressed this see: http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/58

The feature should be enabled by default or at least is in the current developmental versions.

The feature should be enabled by default or at least is in the current developmental versions.

Do we have any chance for having access to:

http://acre.idi-systems.com/archive/ ?

Or any other source of development builds?

Right now it seems that development is frozen, many tickets are unresolved, no informations about anything...

But still ACRE is simple best when comes to radio simulation. Thats why community is waiting for any info :)

Gitlab page is terribly slow right now. And almost everywhere login is required.

• Like 1

Hey, so i wonder if anyone has encountered a similar problem..

I decided to jump back into trying Acre2 from using TFAR for an extended period with our community and encountered a size issue with the radio GUI on my monitor. At first I suspected it may be to do with my custom FOV settings or resolution as I play on a 2560*1080 superwide 21:9, but after restarting and fiddling with settings and config combinations for a few hours I kept coming up with the same broken result.

https://img42.com/K4B6D

The screenshot is a bit rough due to me messing around with settings but it shows the general idea. The 148's channel select and volume knobs are off screen and as seen here and are scaled off the screen, the buttons are responsive however at least the ones that are visible. The 343 is smaller and therefore fits on screen but the interaction sections are misaligned slightly.

So I was about to give up until I decided to run arma in a window and that caused the radios to realign perfectly in all resolutions I tried.

After searching around for a while i couldn't find any reference to this so decided to pass my findings along in the hopes that I may eventually find a solution other than going into windowed mode to change the channel on my radio or turn the volume down  :D

Other than that I was impressed with the quality of Acre and wanted to give my thumbs up even if it is with a little frustration!

Any one able to help out?

Cheers

LT

Right now it seems that development is frozen, many tickets are unresolved, no informations about anything...

But still ACRE is simple best when comes to radio simulation. Thats why community is waiting for any info :)

Gitlab page is terribly slow right now. And almost everywhere login is required.

Same Thoughts Right Here. 

• Like 1

Hoping someone can help me out here...I recently made the switch from TFAR to ACRE in the unit I play with, as we were experiencing some heavy bugs with TFAR that made playing with it slow and near impossible.

In most cases, I've not had any problems with ACRE, but there is the odd occasion when on the server waiting for the mission to load where the entire game freezes, but it just looks as though loading is taking longer, which isn't the case.

It's not possible to hit escape and try joining again, the game just freezes and that's it, you have to force close it.

Anyone else ever experienced anything similar?

Now I see the archive, dont know if they fixed it or what. Last release officially is 811, in this archive last build is 854 released 20th october. No idea about changelog

Update - Jaynus fixed the website and it should function normally again.

Regarding the builds available at http://acre.idi-systems.com/archive/ . These builds are intended for internal testing with our testing communities and can be quite unstable. We are also looking to keep the number of testing groups small to help keep bug reports manageable. Whilst we have no issue with a community using them, support is not guaranteed, changelogs won't be shared here. Ideally you should to stick with the official releases in this topic. We request that mod distribution platforms (armaholic/withSix) do not use these test builds due to their experimental nature.

I appreciate it has been quite long since a stable ACRE2 update, but there are things in the works.

Any major progress on the next stable release? My groups interested in switching from TFR but we're hoping for an update in the near future to resolve some of the issues and add to the feature list.

• Like 2

Update - Jaynus fixed the website and it should function normally again.

Regarding the builds available at http://acre.idi-systems.com/archive/ . These builds are intended for internal testing with our testing communities and can be quite unstable. We are also looking to keep the number of testing groups small to help keep bug reports manageable. Whilst we have no issue with a community using them, support is not guaranteed, changelogs won't be shared here. Ideally you should to stick with the official releases in this topic. We request that mod distribution platforms (armaholic/withSix) do not use these test builds due to their experimental nature.

I appreciate it has been quite long since a stable ACRE2 update, but there are things in the works.

Thank You Jaynus :)

We are using latest stable release in everyday sessions. But small group/s of testers are always interested in new dev builds :)

• Like 1

I recently switched to a monitor with a 21:9 aspect ratio in 3440x1440 resolution and Ive had issues with the radio interfaces. I looked around and cant seem to find a way to reduce/change the size of the interfaces. The on the 343 interface the buttons are down beneath the actual knobs on the interface model, but are still accessible. However on the 148 model the control knobs are off the top of the screen and I cannot access them, however the rest of the buttons on the radio function just fine. The 117 seems to be unaffected with all the buttons working properly.

http://imgur.com/a/H6vj2

If there is a fix or option to change the size that I missed it would be great if I could be pointed in the right direction and if it's a bug then possibly consider more support for ultra-widescreen resolutions. 

Plus I feel like a goof asking my teammates to change my 148 for me if we need to. 

I recently switched to a monitor with a 21:9 aspect ratio in 3440x1440 resolution and Ive had issues with the radio interfaces. I looked around and cant seem to find a way to reduce/change the size of the interfaces. The on the 343 interface the buttons are down beneath the actual knobs on the interface model, but are still accessible. However on the 148 model the control knobs are off the top of the screen and I cannot access them, however the rest of the buttons on the radio function just fine. The 117 seems to be unaffected with all the buttons working properly.

This was previously discussed in this thread, and there's a ticket here on the issue:

http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/51

I fixed this a few days ago, but no ETA on the next public release yet.

Problem is not only with 21:9 but with any other aspect ratio different from 16:9. I have reported one more too http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/60If it was fixed close that one too, please.

I took this one into consideration too. All aspect ratio issues should be fixed, but I only update the tickets once the builds are in the hands of testing communities.

• Like 1

I have one quick question:

is there a function in the API to get on which frequency a radio is configured ? In the doc, I only found how to get the radio chanel. Using that on a PRC77 always return the same number: 1

Thx !

Question: We recently switched to ACRE2 and for some reason people who JIP seem to not be able to speak on 152\177F's but they can hear users fine. Tried switching from in-editor module(s) to scripted setup. Still 152\117F's break on JIP. Has anyone had the same issues and found a workaround ? 

Question: We recently switched to ACRE2 and for some reason people who JIP seem to not be able to speak on 152\177F's but they can hear users fine. Tried switching from in-editor module(s) to scripted setup. Still 152\117F's break on JIP. Has anyone had the same issues and found a workaround ? 

i have never had that problem, i have been running acre on my server since its stable release a year ago. are you running other mods... are they running teamspeak in admin, maybe there game in admin? their .dll in the right place? both 32 and 64 bit..

Are there any others having issues with ACRE causing your A3 game to CTD when you join a game; usually 1-5 minutes after joining the server? We switched over for our current ALiVE deployment and it has been causing some issues with a few of us having to rejoin the server a couple of times to get stable connections. Also now at least on my end I am not able to key up a radio in the server and still have to same problem with the game going down after connecting.

I've tried using the radio channel name module found in the editor and what I'm basically trying to do is to change the name on the default channels found on the AN/PRC152.

So I placed down a module, selecting West as side and just for testing changed the name of channel one to "Alpha 1-1" and then channel two to "Alpha 1-2".

Then I get in-game, but no matter what radio I open it doesn't seem like any of the channel names on the radio sets are changed. I've tried syncing the module to the TL and/or individual units but no luck so far. I've also tried the other radios available but it doesn't seem to change on any radio.

Am I using the module wrong or is the sqf-method the preferred way of doing what I'm trying to do? :)

Can anyone confirm that there will be an Acre version coming out that is server sided, so no Teamspeak? I've heard some one saying this but was not able to find any Intel on this.

Can anyone confirm that there will be an Acre version coming out that is server sided, so no Teamspeak? I've heard some one saying this but was not able to find any Intel on this.

it is called ACRE2 Omnibus. It is out but the only "stable" version so far is .811. It has disconnects and such and there are other versions released (i believe up to .827) but they do not appear to work. You can get the version by copying the ACRE2 download link, pasting it in the address bar and deleting the file name so that the end of the URL is "archive". Then press Enter and you will see the entire list of builds.

I am willing to donate to the ACRE2 development in order to get the Mumble Plugin and improved ACRE2 Omnibus support. Omnibus has not been updated fully since the beginning of 2015. It is well overdue for an update of the full system.