noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

Yeah we worked out the radios that can be implemented and something will be done in the future just lots being done so not sure when we can get round to it.

BL1P from a 3CB standpoint has ACRE implemented backpack radios, we were under the assumption that they were yet to be released like the vehicle radios, this is the reason why we are yet to add the ability to use ACRE with our mod pack.  I hope that helps and if the answer is yes we will definitely look at adding functionality into the pack.

You could do something like:

class B_Kitbag_rgr_117F: B_Kitbag_rgr
 {
  displayName = "Radio Bag (117F)";
  scope = 2;
  hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};
  class TransportItems
  {
   class blahblah
   {
    item = "ACRE_PRC117F";
    count = 1;
   };
  };
  class TransportMagazines{};
 };

Be warned thats just off the top of my head and not tested or anything

Just saw your reply, whoops.

Edited by cyruz

No thats fine cyruz, never apologise for giving some guidance. 

Hi andy.

I was under the assumption that ACRE was not releasing Backpack radios.

I seem to remember reading that they where not but I very well could be wrong.

Loving the 3CB mod btw.

We are releasing backpack radios, well that is to say we already have. There is an AN/PRC-117F and an AN/PRC-77. The only thing we do not have now is the ability to show the antennas sticking out. We are eschewing the way we did it in ACRE1, which forced us to have backpack models specifically for the radios (which was fine because the backpack actually was the radio) in favor of a more dynamic system in which a radio can be placed in any backpack.

We are releasing backpack radios, well that is to say we already have. There is an AN/PRC-117F and an AN/PRC-77. The only thing we do not have now is the ability to show the antennas sticking out. We are eschewing the way we did it in ACRE1, which forced us to have backpack models specifically for the radios (which was fine because the backpack actually was the radio) in favor of a more dynamic system in which a radio can be placed in any backpack.

What about radios in vehicles? is the possible in the current version or do you have to do a workaround?

Ok cool, I was hoping there was a way to make the 3cb backpack model functional with acre and not just.... meh stick a radio in it.

But nps all is cool :)

For some reason, I find that at random or not at random times I will just stop transmitting. This usually occurs when I hold caps lock to talk then use left alt to look around or something of that nature. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, occasionally I hear a constant "click" noise when someone tries to speak on the radio. Finally, I have some people I play with whose FPS drops to an unplayable state when someone transmits on the radio. Any advice?

Some of the players in my community are having the same issue. I notice about 1-4 fps drop, nothing i would call an issue. However some with same mods that are signed on the dedi etc. are getting 10-20 frames dropped whenever someone transmits. The long range seems to effect this more too.

One players vid evidence

He has now created a issue on IDI's Git

20-30 FPS drop is pretty huge. Did you try with ACRE2 only?

Just tried another test running only CBA and ACRE2 on both clients and the dedi server. The player in question is getting a frame drop from about 100 in VR (it turns out he had vsync on) to around 60/70. While I get a drop from around 120 to 110/105. 

No idea whats going on =[

If your own FPS is dropping when you transmit make sure you do not have lots of duplicate radios on you all on the same channel... Because you'd then be receiving on all those radios as well.

If your own FPS is dropping when you transmit make sure you do not have lots of duplicate radios on you all on the same channel... Because you'd then be receiving on all those radios as well.

we've tried it with just single radios and with multiple. Its only when receiving from somebody else transmitting. The person transmitting has no noticeable drop.

Would it work to use ACRE2 radios in a crafting mod/addon? Where you have to craft the radio to get one? I have been chatting with the dev behind the ResourceWars mod and his system has players gathering resources and crafting all the gear and vehicles etc. Would this work?

Is it possible to tie in a Shoutcast station to ACRE2? In that one particular channel and frequency is broadcasting like a radio station.

Is it possible to tie in a Shoutcast station to ACRE2? In that one particular channel and frequency is broadcasting like a radio station.

That would be great!!!

Regarding the AI hearing/alerting functionality. According to my tests the AI reacts to all voice communication closer than 100 meters with the AI hearing option enabled. I believe that this is not the way it's supposed to work?

Seems like a cool feature, but alerting within 100 meters seems harsch when whispering. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

Any idea on when we can expect the next version and what it will include? Maybe the radio attachment system for the OE-303 antenna? Or the radios that when placed in a backpack become backpack radios?

Regarding the AI hearing/alerting functionality. According to my tests the AI reacts to all voice communication closer than 100 meters with the AI hearing option enabled. I believe that this is not the way it's supposed to work?

Seems like a cool feature, but alerting within 100 meters seems harsch when whispering. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

This has already been reported on the ACRE2 issue tracker and will be fixed in the next public release:

http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/58

Nice! Tried to search for possible explanations but apparently missed that one. Thanks for pointing it out!

No problems at all with v3.0.18.2 64bit in a big group.

I don't have any squawk-sounds from the radios in any version higher than 3.0.16.

Hi, is there any possibility to make it compatible with Zeus?

I know your no supposed to do this but is there any updates on ACRE, I haven't seen news on it for a while.

Actually a LOT is going on, just most of it is in private testing right now. :)