noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

This isn't (the current version of) TFAR either. I think he uses the screenshot just as an example.

@Squeaker - That isn't the ACRE2 mod, you might want to try the topic for Task Force Radio which I believe is the mod pictured:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/159393-task-force-arrowhead-radio/

Yes, sorry, should have been a little clearer, the screenshot is just being used to illustrate my problem and showing the bit of the radio I can see, missing the top controls. It's definitely ACRE2 that I'm using. (but thanks for the reply and link anyway!)

This isn't (the current version of) TFAR either. I think he uses the screenshot just as an example.

This. :-)

Do you plan do change TRANSMITTING window? Make it more eye candy and stringtable compatible.

Ah, thanks snippers. Could a workaround be to add shortcut keys to change channels? (no idea if it's easy or not)

How do you use the radio features for vehicles? If there are any implemented currently that is, I can't find a lot of documentation on it at all.

Ah, thanks snippers. Could a workaround be to add shortcut keys to change channels? (no idea if it's easy or not)

There is a feature request for this already, which may help alleviate the problem in the future: http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/issues/49

How do you use the radio features for vehicles? If there are any implemented currently that is, I can't find a lot of documentation on it at all.

ACRE2 at present does not have any vehicle radios though I believed it is planned in the long-run, The radios already implemented in ACRE2 do however offer really long-range comms. You can get a rough idea here - http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/basic-conceptsIt is also possible to disable terrain interference simulation which can help boost the range a radio is heard in some circumstances too.

Just wondering if anyone has encountered an issue where the STVolumeControl won't respond to the mousewheel? 

I can bring up the whisper/shout slider but when trying to adjust it with the mousewheel nothing happens. 

Hello I'm having a problem with the PRC-148 radio and it's very frustrating not being able to use this great mod!

I cannot hit the down arrow button as it instantly closes my radio i've tried holding down ALT or CTRL and nothing here's a video of me trying to use it.

also think the enter button is broken

Just wondering if anyone has encountered an issue where the STVolumeControl won't respond to the mousewheel? 

I can bring up the whisper/shout slider but when trying to adjust it with the mousewheel nothing happens. 

Rebind "Talk on Direct Channel" (found under Multiplayer)to another key that you don't use. I used ~

then hold your "binded key" and use scroll should work.

Hello I'm having a problem with the PRC-148 radio and it's very frustrating not being able to use this great mod!

I cannot hit the down arrow button as it instantly closes my radio i've tried holding down ALT or CTRL and nothing here's a video of me trying to use it.

also think the enter button is broken

Known issue: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/181471-acre2-stable-release/page-8#entry2909619

If you click and hold the mouse button over the respective button, drag the mouse off the button and release it will work.

Rebind "Talk on Direct Channel" (found under Multiplayer)to another key that you don't use. I used ~

then hold your "binded key" and use scroll should work.

Turns out it was because I had enabled a separate st_volume addon. I removed that one from my startup and it's working fine now. 

For some reason, I find that at random or not at random times I will just stop transmitting. This usually occurs when I hold caps lock to talk then use left alt to look around or something of that nature. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, occasionally I hear a constant "click" noise when someone tries to speak on the radio. Finally, I have some people I play with whose FPS drops to an unplayable state when someone transmits on the radio. Any advice?

Any way to change the affects of babel features so we dont sound like minions when its direct sound without radios :)  Is it possible to overlay the AI random chatter from vanilla arma languages?

For some reason, I find that at random or not at random times I will just stop transmitting. This usually occurs when I hold caps lock to talk then use left alt to look around or something of that nature. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, occasionally I hear a constant "click" noise when someone tries to speak on the radio. Finally, I have some people I play with whose FPS drops to an unplayable state when someone transmits on the radio. Any advice?

Note ACRE has multiple push-to-talk keys. I believe alt+capslock is one of the combinations check in controls->configure addons->ACRE2 - you may wish to remove the Multi-PTT binds if this annoys you.

Any way to change the affects of babel features so we dont sound like minions when its direct sound without radios :)  Is it possible to overlay the AI random chatter from vanilla arma languages?

I am not sure what your asking, I don't think the effect itself will change. Babel is off by default if you wish to enable it use the modules, or for a brief intro to scripting it -> http://gitlab.idi-systems.com/idi-systems/acre2-public/wikis/mission-making-info#babel

I mean the sound that comes from an opposing factions player when he talks while babel languages is activated. It sounds robotic. Anyway to make play random sound files of someone speaking in a foreign language?

Is there any way that I can force an aircraft to have a radio by default? ie: a 117F usable from the pilot/copilot seat of a helicopter.

Also, in the script available on this page is it possible to set the frequency of each channel?

For example, Ch 1: COY, 031.000; Ch 2: PLT 1, 110.000; Ch 3: FIRES, 040.000, etc, etc

Hi,

In ArmA 3, when ~10 people or so sit in a (custom, RHS) MI-8 helicopter, the voices all appear to come from the center of the helicopter rather than the localized positions inside.

Is this a RHS problem or an ACRE2 problem? I'll be doing some testing later with Reyhard's Ikarus bus & vanilla choppers to see if it happens there too.

This is a problem because no-one knows where everyone's sitting :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hi,

In ArmA 3, when ~10 people or so sit in a (custom, RHS) MI-8 helicopter, the voices all appear to come from the center of the helicopter rather than the localized positions inside.

Is this a RHS problem or an ACRE2 problem? I'll be doing some testing later with Reyhard's Ikarus bus & vanilla choppers to see if it happens there too.

This is a problem because no-one knows where everyone's sitting :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

It's due to a lack of vehicle config support from RHS, this is will be present for all vehicles that do not have ACRE support. This will also affect the crew comms feature and the ability to hear people from certain positions in vehicles.

It's due to a lack of vehicle config support from RHS, this is will be present for all vehicles that do not have ACRE support. This will also affect the crew comms feature and the ability to hear people from certain positions in vehicles.

Yeah I've heard about RHS' bad configuration plenty of times before. I figured they'd have it fixed by now, but alright.

Do you know which config entries/parts of the config are to blame? I'd like to write a replacement config.

And if it isn't possible by replacement config, nevertheless, could you tell me what's wrong? (I'm developing a vehicle mod atm)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hello. 

In my group we are looking at using the 3CB Equipment mod pack, we where wondering if its possible to make the backpack radios in this mod act as 117s, without just putting a 117 in it.

The models have all the visual components of a radio but not the functionality.

Is there an ACRE_API that covers this or is it possible via creating a small mod config file  ?

No we do not want to use Taskforce, that's why I asked here.

EDIT : ooohhhh 1000 posts :)

BL1P from a 3CB standpoint has ACRE implemented backpack radios, we were under the assumption that they were yet to be released like the vehicle radios, this is the reason why we are yet to add the ability to use ACRE with our mod pack.  I hope that helps and if the answer is yes we will definitely look at adding functionality into the pack.

BL1P from a 3CB standpoint has ACRE implemented backpack radios, we were under the assumption that they were yet to be released like the vehicle radios, this is the reason why we are yet to add the ability to use ACRE with our mod pack.  I hope that helps and if the answer is yes we will definitely look at adding functionality into the pack.

Hi andy.

I was under the assumption that ACRE was not releasing Backpack radios.

I seem to remember reading that they where not but I very well could be wrong.

Loving the 3CB mod btw.