noubernou

ACRE2 Stable Release

hello, i have a small problem, is there other way to change from radio 1 to 2 then using Alternate PTT 1/2? Cuz we play in a group of 30+ppl at the same time, and everytime someon want to just configure his second radio everyone hear sound of it, it would be great to see a simple button just to chose radio.

Hey Nouber, don't know how you feel about this but some kind of "dying" feature for ACRE2 might be kinda cool where instead of cutting direct VON instantly when a player dies they might get a few seconds of fading speech. Perhaps with some subtle gurgling or death rattle mixer effect via Babel.

Just a thought ;)

Probably something better handled by ACE or other wounding scripts through our API.

Zeus support - When? :3

+1 for Zeus support.

Also anyone else having JIP/Respawn players muted or switched to "Babel" mode (enemy speech)?

Also anyone else having JIP/Respawn players muted or switched to "Babel" mode (enemy speech)?

Not muted, but we have players starting on absolute whisper mode. Unsure if intentional design decision though?

I ran into troubles tonight. I was unable to hear on particular person on a radio channel. I was able to hear him in direct speech but when he spoke on the radio (a PRC148) I received nothing from him in my radio. BUT I was able to hear other people talking on the same channel.

What I tried :

- Pickup an other radio

- turn off an on the plugin

- restart teamspeak

- mute and unmute the user

Edit : I have no rpt log from that game

I ran into troubles tonight. I was unable to hear on particular person on a radio channel. I was able to hear him in direct speech but when he spoke on the radio (a PRC148) I received nothing from him in my radio. BUT I was able to hear other people talking on the same channel.

What I tried :

- Pickup an other radio

- turn off an on the plugin

- restart teamspeak

- mute and unmute the user

Edit : I have no rpt log from that game

When he spoke on radio were you able to hear him on direct? Could other people hear him on the radio?

When he spoke on radio were you able to hear him on direct? Could other people hear him on the radio?

My team had an instance of this last week. Everyone was fine on comms but couldnt hear 1 guy on the radios but could in direct speech. Just as a hunch i told him to throw it (343) on the ground and pick it back up.

That solved the problem.

Hey NouberNou, this might be a far out question or out of the realm of possibility. We have noted how ACRE deals with radio detection, whereas it searches every individual item in boxes and verifies whether or not it is an ACRE radio. However, for my specific community, this is a big issue and is the only reason we are forced to continue using TFAR over ACRE, although we would all love to switch over...

We all play ALiVE and feature multiple large units playing at once and persistent campaigns, so each unit (about 6 of them) gets about 4 or 5 boxes with over 1,000 individual items in them each. E.g -1,000 STANAG Mags, 350 Tracer Mags, 100 Frags, 50 Smoke etc etc. The theory of this is that those allotments are meant to last weeks at a time, and if they run out because they didn't ration ammo, then tough shit. Otherwise, ammunition would have to be airlifted from a Master Aviation store where the pilots also have a surplus of ammunition etc. This way we have some need for logistical backend and the tracking and distribution of ammunition in reasonable numbers at all times. Rather than using VAS or some other virtual ammo box which axes the need to keep track of ammunition, conserve ammuniton, supply bases, etc....

So with how we run the server, and how ACRE is setup (unless I'm mistaken) this (at least when we tested it awhile back before) caused signifigant load on our server and we determined that it was ACRE checking all of the items to verify whether or not each item was a radio. So, again, is there anything that can be done about this if it hasn't been fixed already? I'm really hoping you just come back and tell me that I'm wrong because we'd all love to use ACRE, but that was seriously holding us back before.

Does anyone else have the issue where if capslock is pressed, no beep is heard yet you are broadcasting? Me and only a few other guys of my community have this issue, the rest do have beeps..

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Yes and yes.

Also any idea when the retrans network portion is going to be completed? That is another thing that is holding our community back as Singleton said but it is not a deal breaker; just a super handy thing we had available when we ran MSO setups and we would love to have it with ALiVE missions as well.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before ... was trying to set up a system to auto-join a ts channel when a player joins the mission and couldn't find any documentation in the wiki on the relevant api functions. I know this was possible for acre in arma 2 but unsure if there are any commands to do so in arma 3.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before ... was trying to set up a system to auto-join a ts channel when a player joins the mission and couldn't find any documentation in the wiki on the relevant api functions. I know this was possible for acre in arma 2 but unsure if there are any commands to do so in arma 3.

We didn't port them because there was limited usage of it in ACRE1. Sorry. Maybe in the future.

Anyone know how to fix the no-beeps glitch?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Make sure your server allows b64 files to be read. There is a description in the first post on how to do that.

Anyone know how to fix the no-beeps glitch?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I and another clan mate had this problem. this is how we solved it..

1) launch your game with acre2 and then launch ts.

2) in game, go to "multiplayer"

3) click on "NEW" to create a locally hosted mission.

4) start said mission ...

That should fix it...

Allowing base64 and ini files to be read fixed for me (I was using a dedicated server btw :P).

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I and another clan mate had this problem. this is how we solved it..

1) launch your game with acre2 and then launch ts.

2) in game, go to "multiplayer"

3) click on "NEW" to create a locally hosted mission.

4) start said mission ...

That should fix it...

Yup, this should work too on servers that dont allow the files. ACRE2 just needs to read them once, then it caches the wav files in your temp files.

Yup, this should work too on servers that dont allow the files. ACRE2 just needs to read them once, then it caches the wav files in your temp files.

Is this per game start-up?

Also is there a specific location in the temp files where I can find these files?

After I changed our gameserver's settings to allow b64 and ini files, I hopped on and it worked for me.

I asked my friend to hop on but it didn't work for him (same mods). :/

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Is this per game start-up?

Also is there a specific location in the temp files where I can find these files?

After I changed our gameserver's settings to allow b64 and ini files, I hopped on and it worked for me.

I asked my friend to hop on but it didn't work for him (same mods). :/

Kind regards,

Sanchez

ACRE has to be on and them in TS when they connect to the server, otherwise it will not work. They are in your normal temp files folder in your user profile, i think in an acre folder, I can't remember the exact path. They stay there between games too. I dont clean up ACRE's temp files at the moment. :p

ACRE has to be on and them in TS when they connect to the server, otherwise it will not work. They are in your normal temp files folder in your user profile, i think in an acre folder, I can't remember the exact path. They stay there between games too. I dont clean up ACRE's temp files at the moment. :p

Well as long as the temp files aren't going to accumulate to hundreds of MBs, I don't think anyone finds that a problem..

Btw, if I use Ccleaner/Windows 7 Disk Cleanup to clean my temp files, this will erase the ACRE2 temp files as well, right?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

what about how to setup and run the ACRE2 Omnibus edition? The instructions were a little vague. What has to be running and in what order? Etc.

Is anyone else having trouble changing the keybindings? Nothing is showing up under "configure addons" for me, even in-mission.