Sign in to follow this  
kgino1045

Community terrains don't have proper AI viewblocking?

I can see now (actually from far ago) ARMA 3 feature the Line of sight

Which mean we should not get 'Sniped' when you hide behind bushes or at the 2nd floor terrace where the trees branch spread to 2nd floor

and i can see that this feature perfectly working in arma 3 'VANILA map' the stratis and Altis (not sure about that trees at 2nd floor stuffs)

HOWEVER Every Single Custom maps are not working with this

shouldn't this stuff work automatically by game engine?

I'm not sure Maybe the AIA TP that i using or too many custom maps are conflict with each other so this things happen but

Idk, idk that which should i blame, the arma 3 dev? or the custom map maker? or my self. i don't want to blame all that's so abstract.

my point is, shouldn't LOS work in custom map automatically?

Edited by kgino1045

I can see now (actually from far ago) ARMA 3 feature the Line of sight

Which mean we should not get 'Sniped' when you hide behind bushes or at the 2nd floor terrace where the trees branch spread to 2nd floor

and i can see that this feature perfectly working in arma 3 'VANILA map' the stratis and Altis (not sure about that trees at 2nd floor stuffs)

HOWEVER Every Single Custom maps are not working with this

I'm not sure Maybe the AIA TP that i using or too many custom maps are conflict with each other so this things happen but

Idk, idk that which should i blame, the arma 3 dev? or the custom map maker? or my self. i don't want to blame all that's so abstract.

my point is, shouldn't LOS work in custom map automatically?

OFP / ARMA / ARMA2 / ARMA 3 does not hide you from AI by being behind a bush / tree leaves.

Its handled by a LOD within each model called View Geometry. This LOD forms the basic overall shape of the object being modelled, and serves as the determining factor as to where an AI can see through, and where it can't. If it is incorrectly set up then the AI will most likely see through everything. Whilst I have no intimate knowledge of how AiATP is setup with regard to the objects they use (in the overall terms of their models) I can't comment as to how they're set up. I can only surmise that this could be where the fault lies as you yourself have said that the problem is only on 3rd-party maps using AiATP objects.

OFP / ARMA / ARMA2 / ARMA 3 does not hide you from AI by being behind a bush / tree leaves.

Yes they do. I'm currently trying to find a video explaining how it works that I saw on these forums a few weeks ago (I believe in the Dev Branch AI discussion thread), but I am currently unable to locate it.

Edited by Jackal326

Yes they do. I'm currently trying to find a video explaining how it works that I saw on these forums a few weeks ago (I believe in the Dev Branch AI discussion thread), but I am currently unable to locate it.

Meaning all the objects deleted by setting Terrain to low? Including those little tribble bush thingies? I'd like to know as well because just off of feel it seems the AI aren't really effected by that kind of ground clutter so I turn it off but the landscape looks pretty flat and boring that way.

Meaning all the objects deleted by setting Terrain to low? Including those little tribble bush thingies? I'd like to know as well because just off of feel it seems the AI aren't really effected by that kind of ground clutter so I turn it off but the landscape looks pretty flat and boring that way.

Grass itself doesn't appear to affect the AI's view, only players'. However bushes and trees etc do block the AI views. Still can't locate the video :/

Grass itself doesn't appear to affect the AI's view, only players'. However bushes and trees etc do block the AI views. Still can't locate the video :/

The grass models you see don't affect the AI, but if the terrain under you is defined as grassy, the AI will have harder time spotting you.

So basically if you have terrain jacked to max and are fighting prone from shrubbery your fucked