baermitumlaut

BlueHud - Enhanced Periphal Vision HUD

57xdvDY.png
BlueHud is a new HUD enhancement for Arma 3. Its aim is to provide a better perception of teammates in
your vicinity without giving you an infantry radar that provides a super human awareness of your surroundings.

Features:
  • Provides realistic periphal vision of teammates
  • Completly customizable (see screenshots below)
  • Subtle, immersive and well integrated into Arma's UI
  • 11 different infantry roles can be displayed
  • Features can be restricted by the server if so desired
Screenshots:

5l97vbG.jpg

LaoRddj.jpg

8A997FG.jpg

gmtO5Up.jpg

Installation:

Unpack the ZIP file and move all folders into your Arma 3 directory, usually located at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3
Some messages will pop up, click ok to merge the folders into your Arma 3 directory.
The userconfig is only needed if you are running a server, further instructions how to restrict
the features are inside the serverDifficultySettings.hpp file.

Keybinds:

Shift + Ctrl + B - Show HUD settings
Shift + Alt + B - Hide HUD
Both can be changed in the "Configure addons" menu in your controls settings.

Credits:

Credit where credit's due: This addon was heavily inspired by ShackTac's Fireteam HUD, my original intention was to create a more subtle and
limited replacement for it - I don't think somebody has any perception of what is going on 60m behind himself. I did not use any code from ShackTac's mod, it's an entirely new creation.

Also thanks to Gruppe W for accepting my mod early in their modpack and for their constant feedback. It has helped and motivated me a lot.

Download
This mod requires CBA.
Source available on GitHub.

Edited by BaerMitUmlaut
  • Like 2

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Does this show all of same faction or is it just STHUD without the squad list?

Either my vision sucks or that thing is damn near invisible

Can you do script version of that to add into missions directly? Is this possible?

sounds ineteresting, and nice presentation. But can you give example of how it works, couldnt actually tell. I'll DL and give it a try anyway tho, lots of energy in the video.edit - oh, theres a mini map in the bottom centre of the screen. really hard to notice in the video or screenshots though. going to DL and see for myself now.

I like this one.

It's not very Inconspicuous.

Does this show all of same faction or is it just STHUD without the squad list?

It can show everyone from your faction, not just your squad. There's also a few more differences to the STHUD, the major ones being that it's restricted to 20m distance instead of 60m and that it can be restricted to only showing what's in front of you instead of what's behind you as well. In general, it's less of a "cheat" you could say.

Either my vision sucks or that thing is damn near invisible

Youtube's compression is a big factor, but I can't really do anything about that. I'd suggest you just download it and try it for yourself.

Can you do script version of that to add into missions directly? Is this possible?

In theory, this could be put into a mission file, yes. You can just unpack the PBO (or check the source on GitHub when it's up) and tweak it a bit. Parts of the config will have to be put in the description.ext and the icons will have to be referencing the mission root. It's a bit of work but definitely doable.

I will not make an official mission based version of this, but feel free to that yourself. I don't mind people tweaking it at all.

Hmm I did as you said, CBA binds new keybinds and I can also open config menu, but radar nor icons doesn't show up, do I also need texHeaders.bin file inside my mission?

Did you do the mission root thing I talked about? Because if you didn't, it's simply not finding the textures because you want to use it in a mission and not as an addon.

For the mission root, make sure you define it in the fn_initHud.sqf for example with one of the methods I linked from KKs blog, then open up fn_buildEH and everywhere where it says something like

(uiNamespace getVariable 'BlueHudMap') drawIcon [('BlueHud\UI\' + ...

replace it with

(uiNamespace getVariable 'BlueHudMap') drawIcon [(MISSION_ROOT + 'BlueHud\UI\' + ...

The texHeaders.bin file should not be needed.

For the mission root, make sure you define it in the fn_initHud.sqf

Added it only to description.ext, after adding it here - WORKS THANKS!!! :)

You're welcome!

For those that are interested, the source is now available on Github, the link is right under the download link in the first post.

doesn't work for me, i get the hud up and settings but i cannot see any compass at the bottom of my screen.

But you see the HUD itself showing nearby players/AI? The compass has to be enabled in the settings.

Tested this on our playing session today. It works great and feels like "it should always be here"! Could you possibly think about contacting ACE3 devs on their GitHub to implement your great work inside ACE3? They are very open when it comes to implementing new features ;). You can also talk to them directly on their Slack (chatroom), you only need to give your email here ACE3 Public Slack (Chatroom) Join Requests. I hope you will do so as many great addon makers already decided to merge their work inside ACE3 :).

Cheers!

I'm not sure if this is a feature that would fit well in ACE, but I guess it can't hurt to ask them.

I've already used it, thanks and very nice. But with my todays mod mix I also have a problem, it simply does not show up. I can call the config page (btw, multiple instances can be called), but nothing appears bottom center. Don't know yet what causes it to not appear.

EDIT: Have researched it and it does not happen again. Maybe I have not seen it, an option to add outline or shadow to the HUD elements would be nice, because often it's hard to see.

Edited by tortuosit

If you disable the player dot and compass, you will rarely see something on the HUD, which is on purpose. It should be as unintrusive as possible.

I have thought about adding an outline to the icons though (optional of course). Additionally I will probably also add a list of squadmates showing on keypress.

I again stumbled across the situation, that your HUD was not visible, but after restart of mission. Could call the config page, toggle everything fore and back, but the HUD did not appear. Appeared after restart of (quick editor) mission. Definitely there is something breaking it under specific circumstances. Will let you if I know more. I'm using a lot of mods, so it's up to me.

Thank you for letting me know. This can happen with a faulty addon or mission script, if a postInit function takes too long to execute it will kill all following postInit functions. Unfortunatley, there isn't much I can do about this with the way I currently initialize the HUD. I'll see if I can create a workaround so that that doesn't happen in the future.

Suggestion: Have option to keep HUD when inside a vehicle.

Interesting mod, any chance of adding an option to change the color? It can be very hard to see in certain conditions/maps.

Suggestion: Have option to keep HUD when inside a vehicle.

The HUD has been disabled in vehicles on purpose. Most vehicles provide you with a very narrow field of view, and you especially don't have any "feeling" for what is going on behind you.

Interesting mod, any chance of adding an option to change the color? It can be very hard to see in certain conditions/maps.

I am not sure, but I might add something like that.

The HUD has been disabled in vehicles on purpose. Most vehicles provide you with a very narrow field of view, and you especially don't have any "feeling" for what is going on behind you.

Well, that is true. I was thinking more of the compass. I like how in ShackTac HUD shows the compass, because you can't pull out a compass while in some vehicles (even though in real life you could).

Edited by stcrowe

Do you plan to add squad member list like in ShackTac?