Sign in to follow this  
rimblock

New refectors -> Light_1 color and ambient scales ?.

So for A3 there is a new reflector class and this can have lights but for some reason, the color and ambient properties are not using the 0 -> 1 scalar values for RGBA but are using a different scale.

ie.

Reflectors {//new
class Light_1 {
	ambient[] = {10,10,11};
	color[] = {1000,1000,1100};

Anyone know what scale is being used for these ?.

Thanks.

Wiki reference for Config vehicles has no real info. Here is the section on reflectors.

I think it refers to red, yellow and green. For mixing.

Don't know the order it goes in though.

It is always "RGB" or "Red, Green, Blue", even for all other programs and games such as Visual Basic and Autodesk. As Karneck has said, it could be used for mixing, but other than that it might come in handy if you want to correct the colour of for say a flashy red car :)

Sorry, I was a little unclear....

for a #lightpoint the colour is set using a scalar based on the RGB values (0-255 for each of the R,G,B).

ie.

_lightPoint = "#lightPoint" createVehiclelocal var_s_debugzone;

_lightPoint setLightColor [0.5,0.5,0.5];

Where color is [ (1 / RRR), (1 / GGG), (1 / BBB)];

With config file lamps BIS seems to have changed to a different scale and so now they are using color[] = {1000,1000,1100};

Now I presume they are still RGB but what is the top / bottom end of the scales for the different shades and will dividing by 1 still give a colour that (more or less) matches with what can be set to a #lightpoint ?.

Bottom line, What are the top and bottom ranges of the color [] attribute under the lamp class ?.