tomusgilbert

Vehicle mounting and pick up weapon tasks

Hey guys!

I've got a couple of questions I've been stuck on for a while in my mission making:

1. I want to be able to set a task for the player to enter a vehicle;

2. I also want to have a task set for the player to pick up an item/weapon including a UAV Darter;

3. Is it possible for those tasks to be synced with a custom way point?

Thanks in advance,

TomusGilbert :cool:

1. create a Create Task Module

2. create a Set Task State Module

3. Create a trigger => in its condition field write => player in car //(car is you name of the vehicle you want the player to enter)

3. create a trigger on top of the item you want the player to pick up. Set its radius to 1 (depends on the items size), set the condition to not present and anybody.

What do you exactly mean?

• Like 1

@R3vo

Thankyou very much this has helped a lot!

I got confused, disregard it :p

If you don't mind me asking, I was watching an editing mission video by TheSwissMAVERICK (

) and he has a bunch of playable units in his mission that don't spawn until he actually plays as them. Would you have any idea unto how he would have done that?

Thanks again!

TomusGilbert

Edited by TomusGilbert
Quote included too mch unnessary info for my reply.

@R3vo

Thankyou very much this has helped a lot!

I got confused, disregard it :p

If you don't mind me asking, I was watching an editing mission video by TheSwissMAVERICK (

) and he has a bunch of playable units in his mission that don't spawn until he actually plays as them. Would you have any idea unto how he would have done that?

Thanks again!

TomusGilbert

I am currently not at home, I'll have a look at it later. (if I find the time that is)

Edit:

if (!isMultiplayer) then
{
    deleteVehicle this;
};

No guarantee, haven't tested this myself, but that's what I would try to begin with. Put that code into the init field of the unit.

Edited by R3vo

@R3vo

I'm a little confused. The init file is not in the mission file. Do I have to add one? If so what do I write? :confused:

@R3vo

I'm a little confused. The init file is not in the mission file. Do I have to add one? If so what do I write? :confused:

If you place a unit, and double click on it, there's a huge field where you can put sqf code in. That's called the init.

I found this thread and have an extension to the question on how to have any playable character enter a vehicle to trigger.  I currently have this trigger condition...

guy1 in truck1;

I have the 4 players in co-op named guy1, guy2 , guy3, and guy4.  I want the trigger to happen if any of them get in truck1.  Do you know how I could write this for hosted MP?

3 hours ago, lastresort77 said:

I found this thread and have an extension to the question on how to have any playable character enter a vehicle to trigger.  I currently have this trigger condition...

guy1 in truck1;

I have the 4 players in co-op named guy1, guy2 , guy3, and guy4.  I want the trigger to happen if any of them get in truck1.  Do you know how I could write this for hosted MP?

I'm sure others will chime in with something better but this should work as a lazy method:

(guy1 in truck1) OR (guy2 in truck1) OR (guy3 in truck1) OR (guy4 in truck1);

This goes in the trigger condition.  Trigger will activate if any of them get in the truck.

And even lazier method would be :

player in truck1;

On 17/05/2015 at 11:49 AM, R3vo said:

3. Create a trigger => in its condition field write => player in car //(car is you name of the vehicle you want the player to enter)

3. create a trigger on top of the item you want the player to pick up. Set its radius to 1 (depends on the items size), set the condition to not present and anybody.

How about getting out ? I tried "out" but it didn't work

Any help is appreciated!