Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

A2/A2:OA Beta Patches Pre-Final Patch

BETA PATCHES FOR A2/A2:OA PRE-FINAL PATCH

LAST BETA PATCH RELEASED:
13/10/2015

On this thread I will post updated changelogs of current beta patches released for ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead

-- IMPORTANT --
From beta patch released on 15/05/2015, all the possessors of ArmA 2: Combined Operations (A2 and A2:OA together) MUST opt in beta branch even of ArmA 2 and not only of ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead

CHANGELOG

13/10/2015 (ArmA 2:OA and ArmA 2) in collaboration with Schatten and groove_c:

- Fixed CIT bug Nr. 29472

- Added IR laser to M4A3_RCO_GL_EP1

- Added T90 gunner light

- Added commander light to BMP2

- Added commander light to Tunguska

- Made G36A, G36K and G36C single/full-auto weapon only

13/07/2015 (ArmA 2: OA):
- Fixed CIT bug Nr. 2793
- Fixed CIT bug Nr. 12294 - CCP bug Nr. 67951
- Fixed CIT bug Nr. 70648
- Changed: RPK-74's 45 rounds magazines now occupy only one slot of gear inventory
- M16A4_ACG and M16A4_ACG_GL ACOG optics can not be anymore used with NVG, like other OA weapons with optics
- Fixed CIT bug Nr. 22551

04/07/2015 (ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: OA):
- Implemented a possible fix for the A2 warfare mission JIP issue (thanks to OpusFmSPol)
- Added two light cones to BMP3, T-72s, Mi-17s and BMP2s
- Added 100m steps for zeroing on all vehicles modified by CorePatch

26/06/2015 (ArmA 2: OA):
- Extended the fix for the CIT bug Nr. 27550 to all the static weapons

23/06/2015 (ArmA 2: OA):
- Changed zeroing to 3000m to: M1A1, M1A2_TUSK_MG, M1A1_DES_US_EP1, M1A2_TUSK_MG_EP1, T72_TK_EP1, T90, T72_CDF, T72_RU, T72_INS, T72_GUE, T72_ACR
- Solved .rpt spam of ArmA2OAServer.exe relative to AK_107_Kobra
- Added zeroing to: BMP2s, LAV25, M1128_MGS_EP1 (stryker), BTR60_TK_EP1, BRDM2s
- Changed zeroing to 2000m to: 2S6M_TUNGUSKA, Shilkas, M2A2_EP1, M2A3_EP1, M6_EP1
- Solved CIT bug Nr. 27550

15/06/2015 (ArmA 2: OA):
- Fixed AH64_Sidewinders zeroing and turret rotation
- Added rangefinder and zeroing to BMP3
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 67739
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 67705
- Added flashlight to: M4A1_HWS_GL, M4A1_HWS_GL_camo, M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo
- Toned down brightness of vehicles' lights (related to CCP feature Nr. 69249)
- Gunner/Commander of: BTR90_HQ, BMP2_HQ_CDF, BMP2_HQ_INS, BMP2_HQ_TK_EP1 now can switch to driver position and give order to driver

05/06/2015 (ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: OA):
- Re-added NVG optics mode to Javelin
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 68103
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 70490
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 70400
- Fixed CIT bug Nr. 7117
- Fixed: ascending selectable ROF order of Mi24_P
- Fixed: added zeroing and rangefinder to BTR90 cannon
- Fixed: added zeroing, rangefinder and zoom to gunner of GAZ_Vodnik_HMG
- Added CCP feature Nr. 69249

01/06/2015 (ArmA 2):
- Fixed A2's UAV Module searching for OA content
- Fixed A2's campaign mission depending on ca_modules_e

27/05/2015 (ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: OA):
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 71143
- Fixed two regressions of previous version of CorePatch (Mi-24 pilot has lost the ability to fire 40 unguided missile and Mi-24 double ammo) - Thanks to Groove_C
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 67741
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 67638
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 67640
- Added zeroing and rangefinder function to: Mi24_D, Mi24_D_TK_EP1, Mi24_D_CZ_ACR, Mi24_V, Ka52, Ka52Black
- Corrected practical range of M197 and M230 weapons of AH-1Z and AH-64D (AH64D, AH64D_EP1, BAF_Apache_AH1_D) to 1500m
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 70371
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 27347
- Added middle (2000 rpm) rate of fire mode to Mi24_P GSh302K weapon
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 67715
- Fixed CIT bug Nr. 10675
- Fixed CIT bug Nr. 16375
- Fixed a typo error on Alice2 Module's script - Thanks to OpusFmSPol

21/05/2015 (ArmA 2):
- Fixed a Warfare Module's bug (thanks to OpusFmSPol)
- Fixed a Garbage Collector Module's bug (thanks to OpusFmSPol)

20/05/2015 (ArmA 2: OA):
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 71143
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 67741

15/05/2015 (ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: OA):
- All fixed script of CorePatch are now included on their original A2/OA .pbo file. CorePatch.pbo now include only config changes and few fixed scripts
- Fixed some missions of original A2 campaign (First To Fight, Into the Storm, Harvest Red, Razor Two, Manhattan) and more coming soon!
- Fixed CIT bug Nr. 14421
- Fixed CIT bug Nr. 14483

CHANGELOG OF PREVIOUS VERSION OF COREPATCH
v1.0.0.24 (13/03/2015) - Better explanation here
- Fixed few "Undefined variable.." remaining bugs
- Fixed the Bitter Chill mission lag
- Changed Garbage Collector Module behaviour: now it doesn't automatically collect not-alive objects when it starts, for default. If you want to activate the "auto-collect" feature you have to set the "auto" variable of the module itself (ex. BIS_GC setVariable ["auto", true, true])

v1.0.0.23 (24/02/2015) - Better explanation here
- Added CCP feature Nr. 63107 (thanks to defunkt for permission to use his Anzins mod)
- Fixed BIS_MENU_GroupCommunication error on MP environment (thanks to Dimon)
- Fixed BIS Garbage Collector Module error introduced with CorePatch (thanks to OpsuFmSPol)
- Fixed some errors of MP Framework initialization with CorePatch

v1.0.0.22 (14/02/2015) - Better explanation here
- Really fixed "Bitter Chill" campaign mission bug (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170392-Bitter-Chill-Mystery&p=2870710&viewfull=1#post2870710)
- Fixed two "Undefined variable.." errors on Shapur_BAF and Zargabad intro scenes
- Added CCP feature Nr. 67747
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 69133 even relative to CIT bug Nr. 24844
- Added CCP feature Nr. 67651
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 69186
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 68114 even relative to CIT bug Nr. 15626
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 66695

New Weapon Class added with version 1.0.0.22:

ksvk_small
BAF_L110A1_Aim_small
BAF_L7A2_GPMG_small
m107_small
m107_TWS_EP1_small
M240_small
m240_scoped_EP1_small
M249_small
M249_EP1_small
M249_m145_EP1_small
M249_TWS_EP1_small
M60A4_EP1_small
Mk_48_small
Mk_48_DES_EP1_small
PK_small
Pecheneg_small

v1.0.0.21 (09/02/2015)
- Fixed CorePatch error on accessing campaigns

v1.0.0.20 (07/02/2015) - Better explanation here
- Fixed some more "Undefined Variable..." errors of BIS Warfare Module
- Improved Javelin CLU optics with improvements from Anzins mod with permissions by Defunkt
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 71144
- Fixed BIS SP Mission "Bear Rising"
- Fixed "Bitter Chill" campaign mission bug (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170392-Bitter-Chill-Mystery&p=2870710&viewfull=1#post2870710) even relative to CIT bug Nr. 10160
- Fixed main menu slow loading (thanks OMAC!)
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 69143
- Improved A2 M249: now it can use the "200Rnd_556x45_L110A1" magazine from BAF

v1.0.0.19 (20/01/2015) - Better explanation here
- Fixed few bugs of BIS SP Mission "Eye For Eye"
- Fixed: Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male01\ru\hesdowne.wss'
- Fixed: Warnings in ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\gameplay_fixedat1model\p3d\ccp_at1.p3d:shadow(1000)
- Fixed: BIS SP Mission "Littlebird"
- Fixed optics modes of "M4A1_HWS_GL" and "M4A1_HWS_GL_CAMO"

v1.0.0.18 (07/01/2015) - Better explanation here
- Fixed two regressions from v1.0.0.17 version of CorePatch (thanks to OpusFmSpol for feedbacks)
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 67317 (more planes and choppers with RWR system)

v1.0.0.17 (19/12/2014) - Better explanation here
- Fixed BIS SP Mission "Trial By Fire"
- Fixed BIS SP Mission "Eye For Eye"
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 70342
- Fixed CCP bug Nr. 68220

v1.0.0.16 (12/12/2014) - Better explanation here
- Fixed many errors of BIS Warfare Module (a very big thanks to OpusFmSPol that provided me a good list of module's errors!)
- Fixed SP Mission "War Welcome"

v1.0.0.15 (05/12/2014) - Better explanation here
- Fixed many "Undefined variable.." of BIS SOM Module
- Fixed dialog error of BIS SOM Module
- Added correct dialogs for "Transport" and "Supply Drop" support mission of BIS SOM Module (dialogs were deactivated!)
- Improved CAS support mission of SOM Module

v1.0.0.14 (28/11/2014) - Better explanation here
- Fixed manu "Undefined variable.." of ACM Module
- Fixed many "Undefined variable.." and other errors of Gita Module (Town Generator)
- Fixed ArmA 2 Bootcamp missions: Parachute Jump Training, Armor Training, Helicopter Training and FixedWing VTOL Training.

v1.0.0.13 (23/11/2014) - Better explanation here
- Merged BIS Silvie Module from BIS Module Improvements Projects by Wolffy.au and zGuba
- Further improved BIS Silvie Module so no more heavy damaged vehicle are spawned
- Fixed "Duplicate item .." RPT entry by first training mission of ArmA 2

v1.0.0.12 (15/11/2014) - Better explanation here
- Merged BIS Ambient Animals Module from BIS Module Improvements Projects by Wolffy.au
- Merged BIS Jukebox Module from BIS Module Improvements Projects by Wolffy.au
- Merged BIS_fnc_locations fixes from BIS Module Improvements Projects by Wolffy.au
- Fixed BIS Zora (Zone Restriction) Module (removed "Known Bugs" reported even on BI Wiki)
- Merged BIS Ambient Civilian (Expansion) Module from BIS Module Improvements Projects by Wolffy.au

v1.0.0.11 (11/11/2014) - Better explanation here
- Fixed BIS UAV Module
- Fixed BIS ULB Module
- Fixed BIS UAV Training mission
- Fixed BIS "MARTA" Module (Military Symbols)
- Added: now with MARTA Module you can define a custom icon color for a group icon by setting the desired colour in the setGroupIconParams settings and then setting the MARTA_custom_color variable to true (group this setVariable ["MARTA_custom_color", true])

v1.0.0.10 (05/11/2014) - Better explanation here
- Fixed some more challenges and meta-challenges on MP and SP Armory mission
- Fixed OA Shooting Range training mission
- Fixed the Advanced hints System
- Fixed BIS_fn_halo
- Fixed OA Armor Training mission
- Improved OA Armor Training mission
- Fixed and Improved SSM Module (Symple Support Module)
- Fixed OA Attack Helicopter mission

v1.0.0.9 (29/10/2014) - Better explanation here
- Fixed some more errors of the SP Armory mission
- Fixed some errors of the MP Armory mission (need more patching!)
- Fixed BIS_OO_Debug_Debug error;
- Fixed some errors on creating Dynamic Objects compositions: Cannot create non-ai vehicle WarfareBMGNest_PK_Ins and Cannot create non-ai vehicle WireFence.

v1.0.0.8 (27/10/2014) - Better explanation here
- Fixed many errors of the armory missions
- Fixed RPT spam (many >> Addon XYZ (entry ABC) not found in the list of active addons) of armory mission

v1.0.0.7 (24/10/2014) - Better explanation here
- Fixed 3 errors of the fn_hints_functions_navigation.sqf (most of them visibile during the first training mission of OA)
- Fixed 2 warning in the RPT about looped animation
- Fixed many errors of the Garbage Collector Module (I've introduced the fixes that Wolffy.au and zGuba have made in their BIS Module Improvement Project relative to the Garbage Collector and I've fixed some more errors).
- Improvements: now the Garbage Collector Module has all the improvements that Wolffy.au and zGuba have made in their BIS Module Improvement Project (see their site: https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mip).
- Added: now the Garbage Collector Module start automatically collecting not alive units. It scan every 300 secs (default) for not alive units and delete them if the player and/or his units are over 500 meters (default) distant from the "dead" unit (this was introduced by Wolffy.au in his project). Now mission makers can modify the time for the scan by setting a global variable (BIS_GC setVariable ["waitTime", timeInSecs, true]). He can already set the distance from the player and his units at which the module can delete the not alive units (BIS_GC setVariable ["distanceObject", metersFromThePlayers, true]) and last, he can set if a unit doesn't have to be deleted by the Garbage Collector Module by putting this "this setVariable ["dontDelete", true, true]" inside the init box of the unit to not be deleted.

v1.0.0.6 (23/10/2014)
- Fixed 1 error on BIS SRRS Module (Surrendering Module)
- Fixed "Cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\dan\damn.wss'" spam in RPT of the SRRS Module
- Fixed 3 errors on BIS Functions Module relative at BIS_fnc_UnitPlay function

v1.0.0.5 (22/10/2014)
- Fixed the Fire-In-The-Sky bug (thanks to eggbeast that provided me the Dwarden's script fix!)
- Fixed some errors in the Dwarden's script fix of the Fire-In-The-Sky bug

v1.0.0.4 (21/10/2014)
- Fixed 5 script errors on BIS First Aid and Battlefield Clearance modules

v1.0.0.3 (18/10/2014)
- Fixed 13 script errors on ARTY module.
- Reorganized script files inside folders to reflect BIS original script folder format.

v1.0.0.2 (16/10/2014)
- Fixed three errors of the HC module.

v1.0.0.1 (16/10/2014)
- Fixed BIS_FXsand error of BIS Environment - Effects Module relative to an uninitialized _center variable causing to not spawn sand particle effects near the center object selected (default the player)

v1.0 (15/10/2014)
- Fixed BIS_fnc_init error of BIS Function Module
- Fixed handleGear.sqf (line 521) error of Player Gear Menu

Credits:

- groove_c for his support and help on bug fixing

- Schatten for his support and help on bug fixing
- .Kju that provides me a (very!) long list of errors
- Rob Graham (eggbeast) that provide me the Dwarden's script to fix the Fire-In-The-Sky bug
- Dwarden for his Fire-In-The-Sky script bug fix and support
- OpusFmSPol that provide me a very very long list of errors and their fixes of the warfare module
- Wolffy.au and zGuba for their BIS Module Improvement Project (https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mip) that even inspired me
- Defunkt for his Anzins mod included in CorePatch
- OMAC for his support on bug fixing
- Dimon for his support on bug fixing
- Xeno426 (Xenomorph) for his suggestions, improvments and bug fixing in the CCP Project
- All the contributors of the CCP Project
- BI for making ArmA series

Edited by goliath86
Updating
  • Like 1

Hi Goliath are you in charge of these final patches for CO with BIS' blessing or or they still working on this alongside you?

(Oops, sorry, wrong thread. Moved to here. Admin can delete.)

Edited by OpusFmSPol

Hi ReconTeam! These beta patch is a collaboration between me, the community and BIS ;)

Updated first post with new beta's changelog (27/05/2015)

- Corrected practical range of M197 and M230 weapons of AH-1Z and AH-64D (AH64D, AH64D_EP1, BAF_Apache_AH1_D) to 1500m

Hi Goliath86,

What was the practical range of these weapons before?

Cheers,

OMAC

Hi Goliath86,

What was the practical range of these weapons before?

Cheers,

OMAC

Hi OMAC!

It was at 1200m..but, for example, for the M230, according to this, the practical range is about 1500m..btw I've only changed the zeroing max distance, not the range of the weapon itself ;)

Regards

Goliath86

Great! Good work, as usual. :)

Thanks,

OMAC

A2OA and A2 beta were updated with data for latest corepatch

I'm experiencing something weird with A2 Multiplayer CTI Warfare missions. It appears as if the server does not recognize a JIP as being a player. It was first experienced yesterday during a mission test using beta (but should admit I haven't done a JIP in A2 for a long while, if ever), then switched both machines over to current release and the same issue continued to occur there.

- I figure it's not the mission. I had a custom mission, then I ran one of the game's MP missions, then laid down a simple editor MP Warfare mission, and the same occurred in all three.

- I figure it's not the machine. I have two machines on LAN and regardless which machine was used for server or JIP player, the same occurred.

- The JIP player was the one experiencing the problems, the host was not affected.

- This is experienced in A2 (not OA), in beta and in "reverted-back-to" release version.

To reproduce, go into A2 and launch a multiplayer CTI Warfare mission, like "When Diplomacy Fails". Vote for commander AI and wait for missions to be assigned. Then have a JIP player join in on the opposing side.

The observations:

1) Stuttering movement of units and objects. Like two sessions in one occuring with a very slight desynch. The units fluctuate back and forth a few inches or a foot.

2) JIP player automatically receives units from the barracks, and calls them out to join (AI reinforce action)

3) If one of the units is mounted, JIP player cannot board or order them to disembark (response is "No can do", indicating belongs to server)

3) After all units appear, JIP player automatically teleports to nearby location, if available (AI fast travel).

For #'s 2), 3) and 4), I'm sure it results from the server running the AI Team_Update.sqf, which in a number of places is suspended when the leader becomes a player. The script continues to run, as though the server doesn't recognize the JIP player is a player. It's also supposed to run the OldSupportUpdate every few seconds when the leader is a player, and in my custom mission the OldSupportUpdate did not run, again supporting the thought that the server is not recognizing JIP player as a player.

I'm hoping someone can post back saying they don't experience it, though it would leave me clueless as to a cause.

---EDIT --------

Reverted back to beta.

Found it doesn't happen for player joining at start, only for JIP, so I can at least continue the mission testing using join at start. I'm positive the server is reading the JIP player as an AI.

I did one run using "disable AI." Upon JIP there was no base, on map there were no markers. Approaching a town held by Resistance, the outer camp signboard showed West flag (<Host side... JIP was East).

Also, the custom mission had SOM synched to each playable unit with SecOps in the pools, but is scripted so that only players get SecOp assignments, not AI. The support function is scripted to run only for players, not AI.

For host and joined player the Secops and supports occurred. For a JIP player, they did not. This appears to affirm the server considers the JIP player to be an AI.

Edited by OpusFmSPol
Additional observations

@OpusFmSPol: does it happens only on Warfare missions? Or even on other kind of MP missions?

Some strange message:

=====================================================================

== D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

== "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=2047 -world=Zargabad

Exe timestamp: 2015/05/29 13:25:53

Current time: 2015/05/31 00:34:20

Version 1.63.130827

Warnings in corepatch\corepatch_at1\p3d\ccp_at1.p3d:shadow(1000)

Some strange message: ...

Hi Schatten! I'm aware of it..it happens because the ccp_at1.p3d model is not binarized..anyway I've solved it ;)

Thank you for your support!!

goliath86

One odd thing about the M249 series of weapons in game is that some (all?) of the ammo boxes don't have any tracers. As far as I know standard practice in real life is to have one tracer round (M856) for every four standard rounds (M855) in a belt. Would this be an easy thing to fix? Would help with longer range shooting for sure.

@OpusFmSPol: does it happens only on Warfare missions? Or even on other kind of MP missions?

It definitely has an effect outside Warfare. Tested using an editor mission. Interesting results.

Placed two units, Host1 (player) and JIP1 (playable). Also placed two repeating radio triggers, to create units to join each caller.

- Radio Alpha: "Create Unit (Host1)"

- Condition: this && isPlayer Host1
if (isNil "grp") then {grp = createGroup west};
unit = grp createUnit ["USMC_Soldier", getMarkerPos "JIPmarker", [], 0, "FORM"];
[unit] join group Host1;
unit move position Host1;

- Radio Bravo: "Create Unit (JIP1)"

- Condition: this && isPlayer JIP1
if (isNil "grp") then {grp = createGroup west};
unit = grp createUnit ["USMC_Soldier", getMarkerPos "JIPmarker", [], 0, "FORM"];
[unit] join group JIP1;
unit move position JIP1;

Observations:

- JIP could not join after Host created a unit. JIP went straight from unit selection to debriefing.

- JIP could join so long as Host hadn't created a unit. That's where it was interesting....

Host1
-----
Calling a teammate performed as expected:
- Unit spawned.
- Host called out "2 join 1".
- unit joined.
- unit took up a formation position.
- unit moved with Host.
- unit obeyed commands.

JIP1:
-----
- Two units spawned. (should have been one)
- JIP called out "2 join 1" and "1 join 1" (1 being the JIP player - ???)
- One unit joined; the other stood still and did not.  The other unit was entirely unresponsive.
- Joined unit took up a formation position.
- Joined unit moved with JIP.
- Joined unit obeyed commands.
- Host shot joined unit, and was told to "Check Fire!" by unit 1:1:B 2.
- JIP soon got fed up with the unresponsive unit, shot and killed him. "Cease fire!" message came from unit 1:1:D 1.
- JIP shot and killed the joined unit.  "Cease fire!" message came from unit 2.
- JIP wanted more units to play with and called the trigger four more times.  One unit spawned with each call.
- JIP called out "1 join 1" for each unit.
- Each unit called "ready" but never moved.
- Each unit was entirely unresponsive.
- JIP began shooting each of the unresponsive units.
- Each unit gave a "Cease Fire" message from unit 1:1:D 1.
- Host called the JIP trigger: one of the unresponsive units 1:1:D 1 respawned.

new test:
---------
- JIP called Host trigger: two units appeared, one joined host and the other unresponsive.
- JIP called JIP trigger: unresponsive unit respawned and another unit appeared which joined JIP.
- After each had a unit, Host and JIP calling triggers did not work.
- JIP shot unresponsive unit.  No "Cease Fire!" message appeared though unit was still alive.

Edited by OpusFmSPol
adding observations

Thank you Opus for this very interesting and detailed report! Does this happens only on A2 and not on A2:OA and A2:CO?

Does this happens only on beta or even on stable branch?

The WF issue is happening in A2 beta and A2 stable. It does not happen in OA at all, stable or beta.

I run CO, so when OA runs the A2 content is included.

The JIPtest was hasty and flawed, and I don't know if it was a worthless test or not:

- Forgot triggers run on all machines,

- Failed to add isServer and !isServer checks, and

- Was unaware when a group is created it will only exist until added units are removed. Once made empty, it becomes grpNull.

(Wiki said in A1 empty groups remained, and in A3 they are removed. It didn't say about A2)

I had to revise the JIP test to be much more reliable. Once I got it working correctly I found that empty groups in game do not carry to a JIP player. An empty group created by the server in game was nil for the JIP player joining the mission. It happened in A2, A2 beta, OA and OA beta, so I figure it must be a known issue. The only apparent value of it was that the test showed the server did recognize JIP as a player, which again left me wondering what's happening in A2 WF JIP, why the team update acts like JIP is not a player.

I'm thinking about doing an uninstall and reinstall this weekend, just to see if that changes anything.

Edited by OpusFmSPol

Another warnings:

== D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe

== "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -mod=ACR;@inidbi;@server -name=server -netlog -profiles=profiles

Exe timestamp: 2015/05/29 13:25:55

Current time: 2015/06/04 18:55:43

Version 1.63.130827

18:55:43 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 27016

18:55:44 Connected to Steam servers

18:57:54 Warning Message: Cannot open object ca\wheeled2\mtvr\mtvr.p3d

18:57:55 Old style reload used in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T810A_MG_ACR/AnimationSources/

Couldn't get an error for it, but all the people i play with are reporting a loss of about half of muzzle sounds, players and AI. (headless client or not) You would think it would be a mod conflict, but two things convince me it is simply a netcode problem: a) This never occurs in singleplayer, at all. 2) The same people reporting the error, which is everyone playing on the server, hear the sounds every once and a while. It happens intermittently. Impact and dust effects from the rounds are always counted and played, so I am not sure if it is a cut off from the maximum sound samples setting, which has not changed.

Is anyone else getting this error? We switched back to 1.62 and every sound is played as intended.

Another warnings:

== D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe

== "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -mod=ACR;@inidbi;@server -name=server -netlog -profiles=profiles

Exe timestamp: 2015/05/29 13:25:55

Current time: 2015/06/05 19:09:13

Version 1.63.130827

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.AK_107_kobra'.

Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: Error: creating weapon AK_107_kobra with scope=private

Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.

Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.

Warning Message: No entry '.type'.

Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.

Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.

Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.

Warning Message: No entry '.model'.

Warning Message: No entry '.simulation'.

Warning Message: No entry '.fireLightDuration'.

Warning Message: No entry '.fireLightIntensity'.

Warning Message: No entry '.weaponLockDelay'.

Warning Message: No entry '.weaponLockSystem'.

Warning Message: No entry '.cmImmunity'.

Warning Message: No entry '.lockingTargetSound'.

Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Warning Message: No entry '.lockedTargetSound'.

Warning Message: No entry '.muzzles'.

19:09:14 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 27016

19:09:15 Connected to Steam servers

The A2 WF JIP problem might be associated with group being null.

In a bare-bones editor WF mission I used a custom Server_PlayerConnected.sqf and ran "diag_log format" commands in it. Running the mission in A2 and in OA, these are the results from the .rpt logs that appear relevant:

arma2.rpt:

"Custom onPlayerConnected is running"
"onPlayerConnected: _name = Opus"
"onPlayerConnected: _team = B 1-1-A"
"onPlayerConnected: _data = []"

"onPlayerConnected: _name = Guest"
Client: Nonnetwork object 2848a800.
Client: Nonnetwork object 2d392a00.
"onPlayerConnected: team is null - exiting script"
Server: Object 3:9 not found (message 213)
Server: Object 3:3 not found (message 121)
Server: Object 3:5 not found (message 213)
Server: Object 3:8 not found (message 213)
Server: Object 3:6 not found (message 213)
Server: Object 3:7 not found (message 213)
Server: Object 3:10 not found (message 121)
Server: Object 3:12 not found (message 121)
Server: Object 3:14 not found (message 121)
Client: Remote object 3:0 not found

Server: Object 4:12 not found (message 121)
Server: Object 4:14 not found (message 121)
Client: Remote object 4:11 not found

Server: Update of object 2:0 arrived from nonowner

Server: Object 5:12 not found (message 121)
Server: Object 5:12 not found (message 67)
Client: Remote object 5:11 not found
Creating debriefing

ArmA2OA.rpt:

"onPlayerConnected: _team = O 1-1-A"

Client: Remote object 7:11 not found

Client: Remote object 8:11 not found

Client: Remote object 9:11 not found

I'm still chasing down when or where the "Remote object not found" originates. It's seems persistent in OA's .rpt, but not always in A2. A2's .rpt tends to throw different results at times.

I looked closely at Garbage Collector, couldn't find anything there that appeared to be a cause.

I can't test the MPF because it uses a hard path ("\ca") rather than soft ("ca\"). I have no addon experience to try running a custom. I do have an oddball question about it though:

MPframework.sqf used to set path using this:

BIS_MP_Path = "\ca\Modules\MP\"; //"
BIS_PathMPscriptCommands = BIS_MP_Path + "data\scriptCommands\"; //"
BIS_PathMPscriptCommandsCustom = BIS_MP_Path + "data\scriptCommandsCustom\"; //"
BIS_PATH_SQF = "data\scripts\"; //"

The meaningless hash comments at the end ( // " ) confused me when I first came across them, until I saw this in the SOM's init.sqf:

BIS_SOM_stdPath = "ca\missions\som\data\";

//"// - Comment to ensure the escape sequence above doesn not destroy syntax highlighting.

I couldn't understand what it meant, but it left me the impression there was a purpose for a hash comment to follow setting a path.

Now MPframework.sqf uses this:

BIS_MP_Path = "\ca\Modules\MP\";
BIS_PathMPscriptCommands = BIS_MP_Path + "data\scriptCommands\";
BIS_PathMPscriptCommandsCustom = BIS_MP_Path + "data\scriptCommandsCustom\";
BIS_PATH_SQF = "data\scripts\";

Can anyone inform me please what the SOM comment means? I'm not familiar with "escape sequence" or "destroy syntax highlighting", What does that refer to? Is a hash comment important when setting a path?

Edited by OpusFmSPol

The A2 WF JIP problem might be associated with group being null.

In a bare-bones editor WF mission I used a custom Server_PlayerConnected.sqf and ran "diag_log format" commands in it. Running the mission in A2 and in OA, these are the results from the .rpt logs that appear relevant:

arma2.rpt:

Client: Nonnetwork object 2848a800.
Client: Nonnetwork object 2d392a00.
Server: Object 3:14 not found (message 121)

Server: Object 4:14 not found (message 121)

Server: Update of object 2:0 arrived from nonowner

Server: Object 5:12 not found (message 67)
Creating debriefing

ArmA2OA.rpt:

I'm still chasing down when or where the "Remote object not found" originates. It's seems persistent in OA's .rpt, but not always in A2. A2's .rpt tends to throw different results at times.

I looked closely at Garbage Collector, couldn't find anything there that appeared to be a cause.

I can't test the MPF because it uses a hard path ("\ca") rather than soft ("ca\"). I have no addon experience to try running a custom. I do have an oddball question about it though:

MPframework.sqf used to set path using this:

BIS_MP_Path = "\ca\Modules\MP\"; //"
BIS_PathMPscriptCommands = BIS_MP_Path + "data\scriptCommands\"; //"
BIS_PathMPscriptCommandsCustom = BIS_MP_Path + "data\scriptCommandsCustom\"; //"
BIS_PATH_SQF = "data\scripts\"; //"

The meaningless hash comments at the end ( // " ) confused me when I first came across them, until I saw this in the SOM's init.sqf:

BIS_SOM_stdPath = "ca\missions\som\data\";

//"// - Comment to ensure the escape sequence above doesn not destroy syntax highlighting.

I couldn't understand what it meant, but it left me the impression there was a purpose for a hash comment to follow setting a path.

Now MPframework.sqf uses this:

BIS_MP_Path = "\ca\Modules\MP\";
BIS_PathMPscriptCommands = BIS_MP_Path + "data\scriptCommands\";
BIS_PathMPscriptCommandsCustom = BIS_MP_Path + "data\scriptCommandsCustom\";
BIS_PATH_SQF = "data\scripts\";

Can anyone inform me please what the SOM comment means? I'm not familiar with "escape sequence" or "destroy syntax highlighting", What does that refer to? Is a hash comment important when setting a path?

The "Object not found" .rpt message is frequently spawned on OA when in MP environment. I'n not sure if those can be the culprit of the errors of A2 WF MP. Are you sure that the JIP error is only on warfare module of A2? Is it present even on A2 stable or only on beta?

Thank you for your support OpusFmSPol!

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

Couldn't get an error for it, but all the people i play with are reporting a loss of about half of muzzle sounds, players and AI. (headless client or not) You would think it would be a mod conflict, but two things convince me it is simply a netcode problem: a) This never occurs in singleplayer, at all. 2) The same people reporting the error, which is everyone playing on the server, hear the sounds every once and a while. It happens intermittently. Impact and dust effects from the rounds are always counted and played, so I am not sure if it is a cut off from the maximum sound samples setting, which has not changed.

Is anyone else getting this error? We switched back to 1.62 and every sound is played as intended.

Hi PiZZADOX! Are you using some kind of sound mod? Does it happens only on a specific server or in every server you've played?

Thank you!

Are you sure that the JIP error is only on warfare module of A2?

No, digging through the WF scripts I've come up empty (but still digging). It might be something else, and Warfare just makes it noticeable.

Of the four observations:

1 - Choppy AI movement (like continuous desynch)

2 - Units auto-joining

3 - Joined unit vehicles belonging to server

4 - AI fast travel

Items# 2, 3 and 4 are observed due to a Warfare script, but item# 1 - the choppy movement - occurs outside Warfare. It's not script-related. It occurs with ping of 2 or 3, and there's no desynch chain.

I placed three large groups, about 30 guys, running around an airfield in circular waypoints. Host and JIP stood by on the side watching. in OA stable they ran smoothly for host and JIP. In A2 stable they were observed on JIP machine making the same choppy movements seen in WF. It was not observed on host.

The logs again showed "remote object not found" every time the JIP player joined. Each time joined, the object ID indexed up by one.

Is it present even on A2 stable or only on beta?

It's present in both, A2 stable and beta.

The prior logs were from beta, and here are logs from a run in stable:

A2:

Server: Update of object 2:44 arrived from nonowner

Server: Update of object 2:4096 arrived from nonowner
Server: Object 4:16 not found (message 121)
Server: Object 4:20 not found (message 121)

Server: Object 5:16 not found (message 121)
Creating debriefing

OA:

- For whatever reason, OA always finds the JIP player's group, but in A2 the group is never found.

- In every instance when the JIP player joins, a "remote object not found" occurs and the ID indexes up by one for each time joined.

- While the same indexing "not found" occurs in A2 and OA, no problem occurs in OA, but in A2 the problem occurs.

I tell you, the way it effects A2 stable and beta, and does not effect OA, leaves me wondering if it isn't somehow related to "GameSpy" shutdown?

(As I said before, I hadn't JIP'd in A2 in a really long time. The SOM-WF compatibility testing brought me back to it.)

Thank you for your support OpusFmSPol!

And again, we thank you goliath86, you and Dwarden both, for your support! As in :ok:"Awesome!!":respekt:

Just my 2 cents.

Actually this visual behavior of moving units (stuttering/sliding/teleporting) in A2 is like this since day one.

In OA since 1.60 there are 2 different commands in basic.cfg for syncing units close to you and fare from you, those reducing load and improving visual experience.

MinErrorToSend=<limit>;

Minimal error to send updates across network.

Using a smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother at the trade off of

increased network traffic.

Default: 0.001 (was 0.01 until ARMA 2:OA version 1.60, ARMA 2 version 1.11 uses 0.01)

MinErrorToSendNear=<limit>;

Minimal error to send updates across network for near units.

Using larger value can reduce traffic sent for near units. Used to control client to server traffic as well.

Introduced in ArmA 2 1.60, Default: 0.01

In A2 there is just one command in basic.cfg for syncing units close to you and fare from you, making both appear stuttering/sliding/teleporting.

MinErrorToSend=<limit>;

Minimal error to send updates across network.

Using a smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother at the trade off of

increased network traffic.

Default: 0.01

Edited by Groove_C

Since feature #69249 was added, headlights in both daytime and night time have become incredibly bright (to the point of effectively blinding players even during the middle of the day).

It would be great if the brightness could be toned done a bit.