Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Movie editor program

Hi,

I wonder if any of you got a recomendation of a free movie editor program? Without any watermarks and ability to save the movie in HD is a must. I am using Movie Maker right now to edit trailers for my arma campaigns. A part from the new movie maker being worse than the old one, it lags a lot, and sometimes it gets stuck at 99% when saving a movie. Using movie maker makes me want to smash my computer to pieces.

Any suggestions?

There really isn't much in the way of free besides Windows Movie Maker. You could try your hand at Blender, but its UI is a nightmare for beginners. Wax is another program that's free, though I'm not sure if it even works on Windows 7 or 8. If you're willing to pay money (or go the Jack Sparrow route), Vegas Pro is easy to use and pretty fun to work with.

Professional Software:

Adobe Premiere ($239.88/yr)

Autodesk Smoke ($1470/yr)

Avid Media Composer ($1299)

Blender (Free)

Sony Vegas Pro ($599.95)

Hitfilm Pro ($299)

Consumer Software:

Adobe Premiere Elements ($79.99)

AVS Video Editor ($59)

Debugmode Wax (Free)

Pinnacle Studio ($59.95)

Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum ($79.95)

Sony Vegas Movie Studio ($49.95)

Edited by Pwner

It's to bad, because movie maker is sufficient to edit movies.

It's the lag that makes it unbearable. I have tried looking for fixes but I have found none. The personell at windows seems to have a screw lose telling me I might have ''insufficent ram memory'', ''wrong codex'' etc. 8bg of ram should be sufficient. Sometimes I can't even clip play or stop. When I edit the screen is sometimes black and only the sound of the video can be heard.

It's to bad, because movie maker is sufficient to edit movies.

It's the lag that makes it unbearable. I have tried looking for fixes but I have found none. The personell at windows seems to have a screw lose telling me I might have ''insufficent ram memory'', ''wrong codex'' etc. 8bg of ram should be sufficient.

I agree with you. I use MM and its pretty bad, also unreliable, it can just randomly stop for no reason after putting text on.

There again with the internet speed I have now, since moving, its pretty pointless trying to upload videos. Although they are putting in the fibre optic lines to the village here, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Movie Maker is really awesome, if you don't count the way it nonchalantly crashes when you import bigger files, the lag, the compression issues, and the general hatred it throws towards you at the worst of times.

Blender is great in a lot of ways, I haven't tried it for video editing yet, but will attempt to do so, soon. But for the sake of your sanity, start with online tutorials, YouTube has loads of them. Blender usually does everything, and it does it well, if you have the patience and maybe find the right plugins to download if you need extra features.