Sign in to follow this  
granpa_jo

Collective down

Anyone have a solution they can recommend? Getting a helo on the ground even semi-quick basically requires me diving at the ground. Dumping the throttle all the way will slowly, sedately, lower the helo to the ground. Popping up and down in and out of cover isn't an option as it is right now. Collective up seems to work fine. I use an X52 Hotas.

Have you got reduce collective bound to the same throttle axis as well? Also check that no other devices are bound to reduce collective; I understand that if you have two things bound to the same axis arma takes the input from both together so effectively halves the range of motion if only one device is used if that makes sense.

Have you got reduce collective bound to the same throttle axis as well? Also check that no other devices are bound to reduce collective; I understand that if you have two things bound to the same axis arma takes the input from both together so effectively halves the range of motion if only one device is used if that makes sense.

Yeah. Its my only joystick. I do still have the keyboard bound, would that make a difference?

Don't think so, I think it's only if you have multiple axes bound to one control. That happens with the thrustmaster warthog if you don't disconnect one of the throttles when setting the controls it effectively halves the values.

It's the x52 a split throttle?

edit: it's worth checking to see if any rotaries or sliders are bound to collective down as well as they are also analogue inputs.

Edited by forteh

No, the X52 is a single throttle. There are a bunch of dials and what not on it. I don't think I have those bound, but I'll double check when I get home.

When you are flying rotary wing in standard flight model, you should assign "Rise Collective (Analog)" to your throttle in Pos & Neg. Next you assign another axis (like the slide) to "Lower Collective (Analog)"

This way, you have the full range of the collective and you can very accurately lower altitude :)

Btw, if you are using rudder pedals, I would assign the Lower Collective (Analog) to the toe brakes.

Hope it helps

Interesting. Yeah, the collective is a little clunky on my joystick too. But its Arma, not the Joystick. I fly the Ka-50 in DCS and the collective is smooth.

About the keyboard collective binding though, I had a problem with it. It seemed to be interfering with the analogue setting and when I cleared the all they keybinds, and left just the analogue set, the collective started working on my joystick. Before that, it was basically just full collective or no collective.