Sign in to follow this  
Drifter

Korengal Valley, Afghanistan [Release Thread]

Do you have plan to improve ground texture?

Yes I do have future plans for that.

Well, my Terrain builder or buldozer is messed up. When ever I try to review in buldozer it leads me to a weird screen and then my TB and buldozer crashes... Until I can find a away to fix this, I can't make any changes.

Well, my Terrain builder or buldozer is messed up. When ever I try to review in buldozer it leads me to a weird screen and then my TB and buldozer crashes... Until I can find a away to fix this, I can't make any changes.

When using any BIS tools the key is daily backups :) sometimes twice daily and put them in different spots or rename them accordingly. My Terrain Builder has crashed more times than my eldest son when he got his first car

When using any BIS tools the key is daily backups :) sometimes twice daily and put them in different spots or rename them accordingly. My Terrain Builder has crashed more times than my eldest son when he got his first car

Yea, I have no luck. I'm quite frustrated. If I can't find a fix, I may just start a new project or try to rebuild this from scratch again.

that sucks mate I feel your pain maybe post some screen pics of the TB and Buldozer errors someone maybe able to help you

I just started reading Junger's "War" and seeing that someone is making this map has (figuratively) given me the biggest war boner ever.

Don't give up mate! You are a legend! There's got to be some other smart lads on here that can help you work it out!

Damn don't give up on it

I'm not going to give up on it. I will definitely keep trying on rebuilding it. It will just take some time.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I just started reading Junger's "War" and seeing that someone is making this map has (figuratively) given me the biggest war boner ever.

Don't give up mate! You are a legend! There's got to be some other smart lads on here that can help you work it out!

I am hoping that I can find a way to recover this project, but we will see what I can do, or others can do to help.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

that sucks mate I feel your pain maybe post some screen pics of the TB and Buldozer errors someone maybe able to help you

I can, but it doesn't show any errors at all on crashing. The RPT files don't show anything either.

I'm sure Milkm8n (sp?) can give a hand though... he's done some terrains.

Try to not load the road in buldozer, maybe is a shape problem, I had it once

Hey everyone, I have decided to work on a new terrain project. I want to switch projects just to calm down about the progress I made with the Korengal map. I am working on a new terrain based in Pakistan in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas, (F.A.T.A). Located in South Waziristan, I will have a addon/mod discussion topic on it soon. I hope I am not disappointing you guys taking a break from completely redoing Korengal Valley. In the future I do have plans on restarting it, or still trying to find fixes for this.

:D

Hey everyone, I have decided to work on a new terrain project. I want to switch projects just to calm down about the progress I made with the Korengal map. I am working on a new terrain based in Pakistan in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas, (F.A.T.A). Located in South Waziristan, I will have a addon/mod discussion topic on it soon. I hope I am not disappointing you guys taking a break from completely redoing Korengal Valley. In the future I do have plans on restarting it, or still trying to find fixes for this.

:D

new map sounds good but sucks what happened with the other one bummer still hope you get it worked out

Hey, i have a beatiful place on this area, i never use this after fata is finished, because arma3 really suck in the begining xddd

If your interested, just tell me! is a 20x20 map.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2dcib1l.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/29gnd40.jpg

That place looks familiar... I wonder why ;)

My new project is based in Pakistan, FATA.

I have actually seen this area upon locating an area I can create a map from, and I recognize those river beds and mountains. Near the top right side of your picture where the river break into two rivers, that is where the bottom right side of my terrain is :p

PIC of my Sat map:

18384369138_b2abb20858_o.png

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

new map sounds good but sucks what happened with the other one bummer still hope you get it worked out

I'm hoping for the same thing. I really want to find a way to recover the Korengal map. The thing that suck is the stage I was on was putting more detail in towns roads, paths, hills etc. It was about 1-2 weeks away from Beta release.

I been to the Korengal Valley in active duty. That place was no joke. Is this mod still active? I don't wanna get a virus which link is the correct one?

28 minutes ago, iProformance said:

I been to the Korengal Valley in active duty. That place was no joke

Wow cool man fighting the Taliban i presume?,

Welcome to Bis forums!

29 minutes ago, iProformance said:

Is this mod still active?

Last post from the author here was in 2015, there is however the latest version of the map on armaholic seen here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28748

be sure you also download the required mod, the JBAD Buildings - Objects

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26806