Sign in to follow this  
Drifter

Korengal Valley, Afghanistan [Release Thread]

Requirements:

About the terrain:

This terrain will be base on the real terrain of the Korengal Valley, I am trying as hard as I can to make this terrain as accurate as possible to the real deal. The terrain will consist of all the foot paths, roads, buildings, compounds, landmarks and bases that are present on the terrain in real life.

Features:

* Korengal Outpost

* OP Restrepo (Former site) - This area will be on map and empty for custom base layouts

* Towns / villages

* Roads and patrol paths

* Caves and hidden basements in houses

* Dried river with rocks (The base of the valleys are gradually increasing in height so water in the river will not make it with out flooding the valley.)

More to be shown in the future.

Old Pictures:

Terrain Builder photos:

Isyxp7c.jpg[/img]

blI0ILz.jpg[/img]

sMCpekz.jpg[/img]

Gl52D8o.jpg[/img]

Map view / sat map:

(Due to google maps not having up to date pictures of the area their is a chunk of map that is colored differently due to that area not updated in google maps. Sadly their was no way to fix it.)

u2xIWZA.png[/img]

New Pictures:

These photos are not the newest of all the photos I have on my PC, but are newer then the ones above.

SupR7Rh.png[/img]

sBoc7yG.jpg[/img]

45Srplf.jpg[/img]

Requirements:

JBAD_Buildings - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26806

Download:

Version 0.1 Alpha - http://www.mediafire.com/download/jkh4r894ul638g9/Korengal+V0.1a.rar

Changelog:

Version 0.2:

Not released

Version 0.1a:

* First release

Thanks to:

MilkMan and Smokedog for JBAD_Buildings

The A3 Community.

Edited by Drifter
  • Like 1

New mod v0.1-alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Drifter;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Looks good! I'm looking forward to giving it a go!

Thanks Drifter. ... awesome stuff!

WOW! Very nice looking, downloading now :D

Really looking forward to this progressing. I've always loved Clafghan and have been waiting for an solid A3 version of the Korengal Valley to show up.

what is going on new map every where love it

I know right, Kandahar by Anthriel, Al Qut Iraq by Opteryx, the Italian island map which I can't remember the name and author, and this. I'm surprised my self :D

Good frames, well developed (the parts you have been working on), love the altitude variation. Sat mask? Make your own :)

I also see you have the infamous "Tartan bug", a problem I've been fighting for awhile. Hopefully BIS gets around to fixing it. What, if I may ask, are the sampler settings you are using in TB?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191372-Weird-bands-of-disappearing-texture-in-game&p=2929634#post2929634

Nice, had to grab this for a bit... nice work!

just what i need for my middle east mod lol

only bad thing is JBAD_Buildings there are nice but you can bring them down with a hand grenade

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

Watched both docs: Restrepo/Korengal. Brutal. Can't imagine what they went through.

Thanks for the new Map.

From my end at Blessing the 155s would shoot everyday (was on the deployment after 173rd) for Viper (B 1-26 everyday), as if they weren't shooting for us, they'd be rocking the pad daily. Only when they killed those 17 dudes around May, Junish 2009 was it quiet for around a month, then some new guys showed up and it continued on...

Nice map though I'll give it that, though wish it went up to Blessing then you could stage some Scorchers and light up the area that way...

Edited by EricJ

BTW Drifter, still getting JBAD building errors even though I do have the latest version of the JBAD buildings (0512815). Other than that runs pretty smooth. Yeah I know it's alpha, but so you know...

BTW Drifter, still getting JBAD building errors even though I do have the latest version of the JBAD buildings (0512815). Other than that runs pretty smooth. Yeah I know it's alpha, but so you know...

Thanks for this, I will look into this. See if the error is on my side.

Okay yeah, at first I thought I had an old version of the buildings, so I redownloaded it and yeah still getting some errors though when I open the map up.

Okay yeah, at first I thought I had an old version of the buildings, so I redownloaded it and yeah still getting some errors though when I open the map up.

What is the error exactly? Before I released the update, I tried it and got no errors.

Hmmm.... okay let me try something as it may be the Kandahar map tha's causing the ruckus...

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

Okay removed the Kandahar map and getting this error:

Cannot find:

"jbad_misc\misc_controltower\tv_a\jbad_tv_a.p3d"

That's the only one I'm getting.

Hrm... then another map is jacked up... and I'm wrong as a two dollar bill.

My apologies Drifter, false alarm...

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Yeah again my bad, I had an older version of the JBAD buildings in another mod folder, so it was looking at "that one" and re ran it after deleting, no issues.

Hrm... then another map is jacked up... and I'm wrong as a two dollar bill.

My apologies Drifter, false alarm...

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 ----------

Yeah again my bad, I had an older version of the JBAD buildings in another mod folder, so it was looking at "that one" and re ran it after deleting, no issues.

Ok, good news :)

I know right, Kandahar by Anthriel, Al Qut Iraq by Opteryx, the Italian island map which I can't remember the name and author, and this. I'm surprised my self :D

I hear a bell ringing.. :P

Pretty nice terrain! I like the pictures. The city/village at the slope is awesome! :)

greets, DonJon!

Excellent work Drifter. By the way, where can I find former OP Restrepo on the map? An 8-digit grid would be awesome.

I hear a bell ringing.. :P

Pretty nice terrain! I like the pictures. The city/village at the slope is awesome! :)

greets, DonJon!

There it is "Pianosa" by you, great terrain your self!

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Excellent work Drifter. By the way, where can I find former OP Restrepo on the map? An 8-digit grid would be awesome.

OP Restrepo former site is located at 6 digit 068269 - 8 digit 06852695 just southwest of Korengal Outpost around 400 - 500 meters.