Sign in to follow this  
Kerc Kasha

Personal Insignia Extension

3Wt12eB.jpg

This is a little mod I made for myself awhile back but I've decided to clean it up and release it.
As the picture implies it adds a new drop down box to Arma 3's profile editor allowing you to set a personal insignia that will apply to your in-game avatar. It is set to be aware of insignias set via other methods (such as Arsenal or set by bis_fnc_setunitinsignia) and will not override those.

It will work with respawn and should work fine in public multiplayer environments as it checks if you have the appropriate insignia mod installed when applying the texture so should not cause errors.

Credits:
Kerc Kasha
Karel Moricky for the original insignia system and scripts
Bohemia Interactive

Known Issues:
Changing uniform outside of an insignia aware system (such as Arsenal) will cause you to lose the insignia. This is semi-intended and there is no easy way of solving this issue that won't reduce performance.

Download:
Here
(Includes Server Key)

news_download_a3_3.png
Personal Insignia Extension v0.9

or from Steam Workshop:
Here

Changelog:

V0.951

- Fixed issues where the insignia wasn't saving for some game languages

- Fixed error appearing when an Insignia wasn't set to a profile

V0.9
- Fixed discard button not discarding previous selection
- First public release

Edited by Kerc Kasha
  • Like 2

This is awesome! quick question how is it linked? can it be done over the .xml or do you have to put custom insignia's in a PBO and define them and have them called somewhere?

This is awesome! quick question how is it linked? can it be done over the .xml or do you have to put custom insignia's in a PBO and define them and have them called somewhere?

The latter, it works like current implementation of insignias for arsenal etc.

One of the things on my wish list is to let players set a URL to a jpg/paa image on a web server but this will require an extension and a fair bit of work so I wouldn't expect this to happen any time soon.

Sure, once someone from PWS uploads it

Ohh gosh, Thanks, Really good mod, solving a lot of problems with the insignias.

New mod v0.9 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Kerc Kasha;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Great idea... I was just having this issue a couple of days ago!

Thank you!

Very useful mod, thanks for this release. Hadn't even thought of this approach. Glad to see even more functionality for the insignias. ;)

Have a problem with it. Looks like mod doesn't save information in profilenamespace. I close dialog, then open it again and insignia is empty. Also I get this error:

Error in expression <gnia_class",""]) == "") then
{
[[player,_current_insignia], "bg_fnc_setUnitInsig>
Error position: <_current_insignia], "bg_fnc_setUnitInsig>
Error Undefined variable in expression: _current_insignia
File bg_insignia\functions\fn_InitInsignia.sqf, line 9

May you please help me?

Have a problem with it. Looks like mod doesn't save information in profilenamespace. I close dialog, then open it again and insignia is empty. Also I get this error:

Error in expression <gnia_class",""]) == "") then
{
[[player,_current_insignia], "bg_fnc_setUnitInsig>
Error position: <_current_insignia], "bg_fnc_setUnitInsig>
Error Undefined variable in expression: _current_insignia
File bg_insignia\functions\fn_InitInsignia.sqf, line 9
May you please help me?

How are you closing the dialog? You need to hit apply after selecting it for it to save. Discard or escaping out etc will (as the name suggests) discard the changes.

That error will appear if you haven't set an insignia yet and is my bad, thought I put a check in for that.

How are you closing the dialog? You need to hit apply after selecting it for it to save. Discard or escaping out etc will (as the name suggests) discard the changes.

That error will appear if you haven't set an insignia yet and is my bad, thought I put a check in for that.

I click apply everywhere and Ok everywhere. Also I tried without any mods just Personal Insignia mod. The same problem. Don't know is it matter but I have several profiles and I try it not on first profile but on second.

I click apply everywhere and Ok everywhere. Also I tried without any mods just Personal Insignia mod. The same problem. Don't know is it matter but I have several profiles and I try it not on first profile but on second.

That's odd. Well the profilenamespace is unique for each profile but unless you're setting it on one profile and expecting it to be there for the other I don't think that will be the issue.

Can you try this updated version?

here

(please no rehosting until I know this actually works)

I don't get any error messages anymore but still no insignia.
More clear steps to reproduce issue:
1. Run Arma 3 with addon.

2. Open Options - Profiles, choose profile, press edit, then apply and ok.
3. Open Options - Profiles again but no insignia selected.

Tried steps 1-2 and launch editor - no insignia, also steps 1-2 and host a new game - no insignia too.
Hope this helps.

Not related to this mod but looks like CBA stores keybindings in profilenamespace too. And you can change them in game only and not in main window. Maybe this somehow related.

I don't get any error messages anymore but still no insignia.

More clear steps to reproduce issue:

1. Run Arma 3 with addon.

2. Open Options - Profiles, choose profile, press edit, then apply and ok.

3. Open Options - Profiles again but no insignia selected.

Tried steps 1-2 and launch editor - no insignia, also steps 1-2 and host a new game - no insignia too.

Hope this helps.

Not related to this mod but looks like CBA stores keybindings in profilenamespace too. And you can change them in game only and not in main window. Maybe this somehow related.

I've had 20+ people test it and you're the first person to have this issue. What language is arma running as? I tested it with English and German without issue but i'm wondering if another language might have issues due to the addons reliance on the button labels

I've had 20+ people test it and you're the first person to have this issue. What language is arma running as? I tested it with English and German without issue but i'm wondering if another language might have issues due to the addons reliance on the button labels

Russian, I will try to reproduce it with English language in Steam settings. May take some time. Will post a results in 3-4 hours. Thank you for your time and efforts to help.

Russian, I will try to reproduce it with English language in Steam settings. May take some time. Will post a results in 3-4 hours. Thank you for your time and efforts to help.

That's interesting, I'll look into it as I hoped it would work for every language but maybe the script can't handle the cyrillic characters

I have located the issue. The string I was comparing the control text to changes when you click it for the first time. In Russian it goes from being Изменить to Правка and my script is looking for Изменить to save it properly.

This wasn't an issue for most languages as the two strings were identical.

Update here:

Download

People can rehost this one as I can confirm it works (tried English, German, Russian)

Changelog:

*Fixed issues where the insignia wasn't saving for some game languages

*Fixed error appearing when an Insignia wasn't set to a profile

EDIT: Whoops forgot to include updated signatures

Edited by Kerc Kasha

Has there been any attempt to update this for current Apex build of the game? The new in-game menus place the insignia drop down menu in a weird place, and then zero patches show up if you got to pick one.

If this mod worked again, my unit would be in your debt, as we use whitelisted VAs which of course have no insignia capability.

• Like 1

Has there been any attempt to update this for current Apex build of the game? The new in-game menus place the insignia drop down menu in a weird place, and then zero patches show up if you got to pick one.

If this mod worked again, my unit would be in your debt, as we use whitelisted VAs which of course have no insignia capability.

Yep it's on my to do list, I'll take a look at it over the weekend.

• Like 2