opteryx

Chernarus Plus as DLC for ArmA3?

I'd rather see the amazing engine features of VBS 3 on Arma 3.

I like the idea. As a DLC, not everyone is compelled to buy it, just those who wish to. I'm sure a lot of people will pay a nominal fee for the transfer, me included, as Chernarus represents one of the best game maps in game history (I mean that). Only thing it needs is more enterable buildings, that was its only weakness IMO.

I like the idea. As a DLC, not everyone is compelled to buy it, just those who wish to. I'm sure a lot of people will pay a nominal fee for the transfer, me included, as Chernarus represents one of the best game maps in game history (I mean that). Only thing it needs is more enterable buildings, that was its only weakness IMO.

+1 to that

in my opinion Chernarus is overrated in terms of gameplay. i agree on it being one of hte most convincing and atmospheric maps but when i played on it the last time, and i mean actually play and not just look at stuff, i immediately noticed how bad the open fields are. for two reasons.

1. lack of micro terrain details.

2. clutter

these problems get even worse with AI added to the equation. the open fields make them look even more retarded and the clutter causes countless situations where they see you but you don't see them.

and these open fields make up a lot of the map next to the forests.

Chernarus is nothing special in terms of map layout. what makes it feel great is the dense forests obscuring what is behind them making it seem larger and separating the map into cells.

what i personally would like to see rather than a port is a new map in the same setting. or a similar one. one that uses those enterable buildings so we can get those ported properly. i wouldn't mind seeing a map that uses ported chernarus + assets mixed with some new ones. it would make a lot of sense actually in terms of economy. those assets are perfectly fine and being updated anyways. so it's kind of a waste to only use them in dayZ.

And where it is written that you can not use the island of Chernarus Plus? Officially! And what are the consequences of using this island?

Spoiler

chernarus_plus.jpg

I pulled the island ChernarusPlus from the game Dayz Standalone. Changed for the game Arma 3. The island in perfect condition without changes. Question! What are the consequences if the island is made shared on Steam? How are the separate addons?

2 hours ago, Nremik_ua said:

Reveal hidden contents

chernarus_plus.jpg

I pulled the island ChernarusPlus from the game Dayz Standalone. Changed for the game Arma 3. The island in perfect condition without changes. Question! What are the consequences if the island is made shared on Steam? How are the separate addons?

Something between mod taken down and you getting banned.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nremik_ua said:

Reveal hidden contents

chernarus_plus.jpg

Most likely DMCA

On 01/10/2017 at 8:03 AM, Nremik_ua said:

If you share the island on steam you will be breaking the Dayz EULA, which means you will get banned and its likely the BIS Legal team will get involved for sharing prohibited content. 

And this is probably good place to close this.

• Like 5