opteryx

Chernarus Plus as DLC for ArmA3?

I couldn't find a dedicated thread for this topic, so forgive me if there is.

Anyway, what do you guys think of Chernarus Plus from DayZ as a DLC for ArmA3?

I would pay good money for it as it has a ton of new resources I'm sure a lot of terrain makers would love to get their hands on. Also there probably isn't much work for BIS to port the assets over to ArmA.

Thoughts on this?

• Like 1

current DayZSA Eula soes not allow for the Cherno plus or any other DayZSA Material whiting any other game including ArmA for this to happen they would have to Redo there complete Eula to a point where it is possible for Non Devs to use material of DayZSA for commercial and modding use

I'd imagine won't see anything along these lines till DayZ has officially launched at the least.

I'm all for Chernarus+ being added into ARMA 3, but I'm equally just as happy to play on Chernarus via AIA or A3MP (or in ARMA 2). It'd be nice to be official, but I can see a host of reasons why it might not happen.

I will never understand this. It's basically Chernarus with a few new locations, buildings that would be ultra buggy in Arma 3, some more pond incompatibility issues, and you guessed it, practically the same old map from ArmA 2. Why would you want a map you could get now, just less buggy, as a DLC when you can get something completely new, fresh, never seen terrain? Come on now. Not being negative, just being blunt on the matter, it's been discussed before, but not quite on a dedicated manner. I means sure Chernarus + looks nice but it's all looks, and won't be very stable until far into the future. In fact, the map isn't even complete If I'm not mistaken.

Guys this not gonna happen anytime soon - because the Dayz is still not done , maybe in next 5 years :icon_lol:

Do most of you have already forgotten, abandoned.

And many other maps. It was the beginning of history. In the minds of many people is still alive in some way. These maps (Everon, Nogová, Malden, Kolgujev etc.) are rested and Chernarus is not yet tired. They want a second youth.

I know that those were different circumstances but Arma 2 and 3 will not be what it was for us OFP. The same Arma 2 vs Arma 3.

You want to go forward forgetting about the past or even reject it ?

Edited by grzegorz

Do most of you have already forgotten, abandoned.

And many other maps. It was the beginning of history. In the minds of many people is still alive in some way. These maps (Everon, Nogová, Malden, Kolgujev etc.) are rested and Chernarus is not yet tired. They want a second youth.

It has a second youth, you can play Wasteland, Epoch 3, Overpoch, Life, even Mil-Sim on Chernarus right now in Arma 3 if you like. For me though, I'm sick of it. Played it for so much. Kinda desperate for something more interesting. Waiting for the Expansion. Pol

Cherna+ would be cool but I doubt we won't see it anytime soon for couple of reasons:

- It's still heavily W.I.P

- It needs some texture changes to fit Arma

- AI can't navigate through all the buildings etc. Too heavy for AI

- The freaking rotation bug likely kills you everywhere in the buildings, though that's already problem with Arma 3 maps...

@DarkSideSixOfficial

I do not play in Wasteland, Epoch 3, Overpoch, Life, DayZ because I do not like or do not interest me) Very little I played in A2 because I could not.

You are talking only about Chernarus because that is the theme of this thread. I'm talking also about other maps. It's the only option and discussion. Let us allow everyone to choose. It does not have to be DLC. People want and need the engine and tools. Maybe someday you dream come true. Were incomplete restoration projects other maps. Too much change, lack of support. The project AiA (in a different composition and a different name) but still struggling with difficulty. The project ArmaIslands is probably closed. New things are welcome. However, the new is not always better. The maps in A3 also have errors.

The riddle of another barrel. Why do people like and want to have projects RHS, AiA etc. and their compilations and, for example Orshanets terrain 12.8x12.8km (Ukraine), Kunduz. Because they love the forest)) There is no nightmare at every step of stones, fences and walls. There is nothing that kill the joy and fun of the game. There is still no inland waters but that is another topic.

@St. Jimmy

I agree and understand your opinion.

Edited by grzegorz

@DarkSideSixOfficial

I do not play in Wasteland, Epoch 3, Overpoch, Life, DayZ because I do not like) Very little I played in A2 because I could not.

You are talking only about Chernarus because that is the theme of this thread. I'm talking also about other maps. It's the only option and discussion. Let us allow everyone to choose. It does not have to be DLC. People want and need the engine and tools. Maybe someday you dream come true. Were incomplete restoration projects other maps. Too much change, lack of support. The project AiA (in a different composition and a different name) but still struggling with difficulty. The project ArmaIslands is probably closed. New things are welcome. However, the new is not always better. The maps in A3 also have errors.

The riddle of another barrel. Why do people like and want to have projects RHS, AiA etc. and their compilations and, for example Orshanets terrain 12.8x12.8km (Ukraine), Kunduz. Because they love the forest)) There is no nightmare at every step of stones, fences and walls. There is nothing that kill the joy and fun of the game. There is still no inland waters but that is another topic.

@St. Jimmy

I agree and understand your opinion.

Not sure if I'm understanding correctly. Is it the map Chernarus + you want, or the Engine features of DayZ? Cherno + has many new water sources added in certain locations that are problematic for porting.

I know it's hard to understand me. Thank you for your efforts.

I do not know much about the game DayZ. I only know that exists and has a similar but different engine. It's a mix of A2 / A3 and many other changes. It also as alpha, beta.

I'm talking about the old and popular maps from the time of OFP. As others want them to be and function properly in the game A3. Better than today. As a DLC or modification (Mods).

I think some of you are being a bit shortsighted. If you don't like Chernarus, that's fine, but think of all the potential new terrains people could make with the new resources that Chernarus has to offer.

In the terrain editing community there has always been a desperate need for more assets, especially buildings. These assets unfortunately don't grow on trees as most 3d modellers prefer to make guns, vehicles and characters.

Edited by opteryx

Well, they are building a new island.

Not hard to imagine it will be green & treed.

If you liked Chernarus, the new map may well be even better --and made for arma3.

I play and love all Arma games only arma 3 i dident like so much because of the settings, for me its more like a fiction game.

The old arma games where better for me with real war themes, i still play arma 3 but prolly untill the new SQUAD game gets released.

I just hope arma gets back to real time wars with Arma 4.

I think (if realized) it would best be made a DLC automatically granted to anyone purchasing DayZ standalone. It makes no sense for SA owners to have to "buy the map" twice, and it will encourage A3 players to purchase DayZ SA. If made a separate DLC, it would be a lot cheaper than DayZ SA and possibly lower sales of SA - I feel like this would be a fair solution to both parties (BI and users). The new things in Ch+ look fantastic and I'd love to play missions on it with my community in A3.

I think (if realized) it would best be made a DLC automatically granted to anyone purchasing DayZ standalone. It makes no sense for SA owners to have to "buy the map" twice, and it will encourage A3 players to purchase DayZ SA. If made a separate DLC, it would be a lot cheaper than DayZ SA and possibly lower sales of SA - I feel like this would be a fair solution to both parties (BI and users). The new things in Ch+ look fantastic and I'd love to play missions on it with my community in A3.

Very good idea.

I think need a release Ponds DLC Before Chernarus plus DLC. it's joke:eek:

I like this idea too.

Cherno + is an ongoing effort. How would it work? Every time they update it for DayZ, A3 owners would get an update?

Cherno + is an ongoing effort. How would it work? Every time they update it for DayZ, A3 owners would get an update?

Well I don't believe they'll develop it forever :D Though I'm not sure howw long they plan to work on Cherno+

playing ch+ in a3 1 1/2 years ago was a revelation, i was yearning to actually play that in MP...

we will not play this in any reasonable point in arma 3s lifecycle and will not play pvp on it with 100 players and will not have decent fps in the process

we will not fly across ch+ with decent simulation features (like different lighting above and beneath the clouds)

it would have been nice though

arma 3 is still the ~10th most played game on steam and dayz SA allready sold millions of copys so i guess there is no reason for BI to regret any decisions regarding prioritys...

p.s. lol imagine this was functional right along

Depends how costly (for BI) these updates would be. Even twice a year would be nice, seeing how the map already offers a ton of variety. If frequent updates could be provided, then why not?

On another note: I believe I read somewhere that in the future, the SA team will work on interiors for legacy Chernarus buildings. This is something we would also benefit from, perhaps in the form of sample models (like this) for use in eg. CUP Terrains. :)

I can't see it ever being DLC, because that would be very close to selling the same content twice, at the same time. Not a thing I can picture BI doing.