Hi all,

In the link bellow you will find documentation and general guidelines so you can make your own custom End Game scenarios.

End Game Scenario Guideline

Have fun and we hope to be playing a few custom, user generated End Game missions soon.

As always, if you have any questions or problems, feel free to post them here.

Thank you!

Any chance of a tutorial for "Seize" mode with an AI Zeus (ie co-op rather than ZvP).

I've worked out "Sector Control" and "Defend", but I'm struggling with "Seize"

Thanks neokika for the guideline! I'm really enjoying the new revive system! It is extremely simple and easy to use.

I'm wondering if the official "Spectator" mode can work alongside the new revive system, or does revive only support respawn at base?

i.e. Are Revive and Spectator compatible?

Hi,

Nice tutorial.

I was wondering :

Is there a way to use the End Game objective randomizer module outside of an End game scenario (for a standard COOP scenario for ex.). If so, how tu use it ?

Hi,

Nice tutorial.

I was wondering :

Is there a way to use the End Game objective randomizer module outside of an End game scenario (for a standard COOP scenario for ex.). If so, how tu use it ?

Hi Sparfell_19,

Yes and no. :)

The Randomizer game logic serves only as means of telling the Objectives Instance module, to select a random Objective. But this functionality lies within the End Game Objectives Instance.

So while you could use this logic in non-End Game scenarios, you would still need to make the randomization functionality yourself.

Thanks for the guide Neokika, it's really helped. I'm fairly sure I've followed it thoroughly but I'm having a small issue and was hoping you could help. Once a team has taken the required amount of intel sites, instead of going into the end game objective (3rd phase) the mission ends with a victory. It's almost like the final phase is completing itself after a few seconds delay (3-4 seconds roughly).

Everything else works fine. I've tried both MP (dedicated server) and SP (editor preview), all objectives leading up to it display and act as intended. It just seems to be this last phase. The only thing I haven't tried is testing with more than one player present, and it's really the last thing I can think of.

I've even named all the objectives / objects as per the guides examples, just in case it's a naming convention needed (e.g. BIS_pickup_1, BIS_upload_1 etc).

Here is a look at my rpt file:

19:06:17 Starting mission:
19:06:17  Mission file: 5R_Endgame_GhostHotel
19:06:17  Mission world: Altis
19:06:17  Mission directory: E:\Luke\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[5R]Crazy\missions\5R_Endgame_GhostHotel.Altis\
19:06:17 EPE manager release (0|0|0)
19:06:18 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_list
19:06:18 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpreinit
19:06:18 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpostinit
19:06:18 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listrecompile
19:06:19 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missiontaskslocal
19:06:19 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionconversationslocal
19:06:19 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionflow
19:06:19 soldier[O_Soldier_SL_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[O_Soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[O_Soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[O_Soldier_TL_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[O_Soldier_AR_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[O_Soldier_SL_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[O_Soldier_TL_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[O_Soldier_AR_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[b_soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[b_soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[i_Soldier_AR_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[i_Soldier_GL_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[i_Soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[i_Soldier_LAT_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[i_Soldier_AR_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:19 soldier[i_Soldier_GL_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
19:06:20 Weather was forced to change
19:06:20 "[5R]Crazy/BIS_fnc_log: [bIS_fnc_dynamicGroups] "Initialized""
19:06:52 Error in ReloadMagazine - unable to locate target weapon arifle_Mk20_GL_MRCO_pointer_F
19:07:30 "[5R]Crazy/BIS_fnc_log: "MiddleGame.fsm: Destroyed""
19:07:31 "[5R]Crazy/BIS_fnc_log: "OnObjectiveStateChanged: Initializing EndGame in 15 seconds""
19:07:31 "[5R]Crazy/BIS_fnc_log: "MiddleGame.fsm: End Game started""
19:07:31 "[5R]Crazy/BIS_fnc_log: "MiddleGame.fsm: End Game started""

That's it, after a few seconds the mission ends. The last 4 lines appear when I take the last intel site (in this case I've set it to only need one to speed up the repetitive replays but have tried 3 or more).

Any help would be really appreciated, it's a really good game mode that I'd love to keep using and trying out new locations and combinations.

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Ok, so some of my clan came home from work, I tested a rough version with me and one other, and it worked! My bad. Hopefully this'll alleviate some confusion for anyone else trying this in the future. You need a person in each team for the final objective to work correctly.

Edited by Crazy538

Hi Sparfell_19,

Yes and no. :)

The Randomizer game logic serves only as means of telling the Objectives Instance module, to select a random Objective. But this functionality lies within the End Game Objectives Instance.

So while you could use this logic in non-End Game scenarios, you would still need to make the randomization functionality yourself.

Ok, thanks a lot for your answer.

Ok, so some of my clan came home from work, I tested a rough version with me and one other, and it worked! My bad. Hopefully this'll alleviate some confusion for anyone else trying this in the future. You need a person in each team for the final objective to work correctly.

Yes, this is the case, I will add this information to the Guideline. Thanks.

I am having a a problem when creating my End Game scenario. I followed the tutorial from the link above. When i got to preview my mission i instantly die.

I am having a a problem when creating my End Game scenario. I followed the tutorial from the link above. When i got to preview my mission i instantly die.
Same here.

I loaded the example mission from the Arma tools and was able to preview without any error, then merged the example mission into my own and now I die directly on respawn.

I will now compare the example mission to my mission and see what I possibly did wrong.

Anyone else experiences the same problem?

Could it have something to do with the custom island (Takistan) that I use?

Just renamed the example mission from *.VR to *.Takistan and hit preview in editor and it works.

It must be something with my mission then, I try to figure it out by myself and post it if I find the solution, to prevent others from doing the same mistake.

/edit

Simple solution:

If your playable units are more than 500m away from the "StartGameObjective", they will die instantly.

Place them closer to the first objective and everything works fine.

This setting is not hardcoded and can be changed:

Doubleklick on the "End Game Start Game Objective"

Change the setting: "Restriction Radius" (it's even described if you mouseover).

Greez KiloSwiss

Edited by KiloSwiss
added "solution"

/edit

Simple solution:

If your playable units are more than 500m away from the "StartGameObjective", they will die instantly.

Place them closer to the first objective and everything works fine.

This setting is not hardcoded and can be changed:

Doubleklick on the "End Game Start Game Objective"

Change the setting: "Restriction Radius" (it's even described if you mouseover).

Greez KiloSwiss

Thank you soooooo much!!!!

You're welcome.

Keep in mind that You can change the range individually for both "End Game Start Game Objective" GameLogics.

Greez KiloSwiss

Edited by KiloSwiss

Sry for the doublepost, but I wanted to push this topic.

It seems that the "End Game Objective Randomizer" Logic is no longer available in the editor.

Arma Version ["Arma 3","Arma3",146,131175,"Stable",false] //copyToClipboard str(productVersion)

Testet in the "normal" Mission editor and when editing a Multiplayer mission.

Here is the part in the guide that talks about it and its functionality:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/MP_End_Game#Game_Logic_Types

If I use the template mission, everything is fine, once i double klick on the "End Game Objective Randomizer" Logic, it looses its functionality (switches to the available default game logic instead) and renders the mission unplayable.

See these screenshots, that show exactly what happens:

http://kiloswiss.ch/misc/index.php?dir=arma3%2Feg_randomizer_logic_issue%2F (Link to folder with screenshots)

If someone now tries to build a End Game Mission from scratch (following the guide), he or she will be completely lost at that point.

Does anybody else experience this issue with the missing "End Game Gamelogics"?

Greez KiloSwiss

Edited by KiloSwiss

Four days without an answer, I'm going to push this thread again.

I validaded the game cache via Steam, to make sure my game files are not corrupted, loaded Arma3 without any mods and the End Game GameLogics are still missing in the editor.

This is how it shoud look (Screenshot from the End Game Scenario WIKI):

https://community.bistudio.com/wikidata/images/d/d1/arma3_endgame_randomizer.jpg (172 kB)

This is how it looks for me (note that the "EndGame Objective Randomizer" Logic is completely missing):

http://kiloswiss.ch/misc/arma3/eg_randomizer_logic_issue/arma3_end_game_objective_randomizer_logic_2.jpg (293 kB)

I would like to know if other people have the same issue, before I open a new Issue in the feedback tracker!

So please take that one minute, start A3 without mods, open up the editor to have a look for yourself and respond to this thread.

Many thanks in advance to anyone that responds to my request!

Hi there,

Unfortunately a config issue with the Randomizer module went into stable branch.

Meanwhile a fix will be deployed onto dev branch.

Sorry if this is limiting you in any way.

Im still digging for proper write up start to finish on implementing the dynamic groups system....

Please take a look here (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Dynamic_Groups), if something is not clear just post back here and I'll try to guide you through it. ;)

Edited by neokika

Why equipment that I assign to units is being replaced with vanilla one after respawn? Is it fixable?

Very nice guide, but for me the respawn points you can unlock don't work. I only have the standard one.

I also find the instructions a tad unclear in the MGO section of the guide. You speak about triggers connected to something but what should be in the triggers? What should the triggers be connected to? I guess I'm just very picky when it comes to instructions.

I followed the instructions, did not use any triggers I have to add, and everything works except the new respawn points.

How do you create the download intel  objective using funcitons/scripts?

Hello guys! Im making a end game mission for my team but i cant make the 3 phase works :( !! I put the module and the objects the we gonna need to take and upload ,but when the 2 phase ends nothing happens,the 3 phase dont start!! What should i do? I need to put some thrigger or something like else to make this Phase works?

Hello Guys , is there a way that allow me to only use simple Objective module only ?

eg , i want a task where player have to download intel from some dvice Please help