Sign in to follow this  
cenkcnk

Helicopter controls

I try to use my fighterstick, throttle and pedals with advanced dynamics. but cylic moves very hard, despite this hard and very limited move, helicopters gains speed very rapidly. hovering without autohover nearly immposible.

additionally i couldn't find sling load camera key via customize menu

You can adjust the sensitivity of the joystick under config > controllers > customize.

/KC

You can adjust the sensitivity of the joystick under config > controllers > customize.

/KC

I have the same issue, but using a razer Sabertooth controller.

Also tried with a Xbox one controller.

Adjusting sensitivity does not fix the issue however. (not even on the sabertooth)

Neither does disabling/enabling the device ingame.

They both work fine in all other games,

Also I have reinstalled all my drivers for them but that didnt fix the issue either.

Everything was working just fine before the latest update.

Since then, I can't fly using my controller any more, as the helicopters just dont respond correctly.

Out of all of this, I concluded this must be a issue within Arma 3.

Yours Sincerely,

Maurice.

They did change something, not sure it was the last update though, might have been prior to that as the non-analog collective controls on AFM went to absolute shit. I'm sorry you all are having issues with your HOTAS :( I gave up on mine for this game as well.

As for the sling cam, OP, that is located under helicopter movement, the very last control, Sling Load Assist (default at ctl+B)

Happy flying, and as always, SFM for life

I have the same issue, but using a razer Sabertooth controller.

Also tried with a Xbox one controller.

Adjusting sensitivity does not fix the issue however. (not even on the sabertooth)

Yea, sorry to hear that...just tested and my slider still works after the update using a TM Cougar + Rudders. Maybe you should make a ticket or ask in the dev section. Hope you sort it out since flying with joystick and analog rudder makes a real different, at least for me - I've seen ppl fly very good on standard FM using keyboard and mouse tho.

/KC

Hmm gents, I just noticed the following post on armaholic, describing a feature in arma 3.

What I did next was deleting all my other controls for other controllers (They were all showing in the list)

And it worked for me!

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=148322

Yours sincerely.

Maurice

Edited by maurice825
Wrote it better.

still same problem.. i think i should use mouse and kb with basic flight model.

btw when i try to sling load mission, it says "rear facing camera can help you, you can on this camera by hitting "note assigned""

i searched through the controls menu but i didin't see a camera key to set. sling load assistant is working well but no camera at all

I'm having problems as well. I've tried adjusting sensitivity and curves but to no avail. First off, the collective on my joystick only works in the upper half. Secondly, even though the config panel in Arma shows decent levels of change in the joystick (0-100) as I move the cyclic on my joystick, in game it appears to full cyclic on no cyclic, and THAT'S IT! Didn't we have this problem back in Arma 2? Please fix this, BI! It is IMPOSSIBLE to fly the helicopter with a joystick because of this. And I'm pretty good at flying the Ka-50 in DCS ( flown it since they released it, my main aircraft ). I can make it DANCE! I have NO problem with the joystick in that sim. Its Arma 3.

still same problem.. i think i should use mouse and kb with basic flight model.

btw when i try to sling load mission, it says "rear facing camera can help you, you can on this camera by hitting "note assigned""

i searched through the controls menu but i didin't see a camera key to set. sling load assistant is working well but no camera at all

The control is called "Multifunctional camera". Not quite intuitive indeed

I'm having problems as well. I've tried adjusting sensitivity and curves but to no avail. First off, the collective on my joystick only works in the upper half. Secondly, even though the config panel in Arma shows decent levels of change in the joystick (0-100) as I move the cyclic on my joystick, in game it appears to full cyclic on no cyclic, and THAT'S IT! Didn't we have this problem back in Arma 2? Please fix this, BI! It is IMPOSSIBLE to fly the helicopter with a joystick because of this. And I'm pretty good at flying the Ka-50 in DCS ( flown it since they released it, my main aircraft ). I can make it DANCE! I have NO problem with the joystick in that sim. Its Arma 3.

There are separate controls for axes, they are called something like"collective up (analogue)" and "collective down (analogue)". You assign half of axis to each.

Yeah, that doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

I try to use my fighterstick, throttle and pedals with advanced dynamics. but cylic moves very hard, despite this hard and very limited move, helicopters gains speed very rapidly. hovering without autohover nearly immposible.

additionally i couldn't find sling load camera key via customize menu

Hovering takes some practice and skill. Helicopters are sensitive. Try flying the Ka-50 in DCS. VERY HARD! If you want to learn how to hover, you need to practice, practice, practice! You need to continuously do tiny inputs to keep it where you want. It will try to drift. Flying around at speed like a jet is the easy part. I haven't hovered much in Arma 3 because of the collective problem, but its similiar to DCS, just not as fine a control.

There are separate controls for axes, they are called something like"collective up (analogue)" and "collective down (analogue)". You assign half of axis to each.

I see what your saying, and yeah, it should work like that ( like one half is throttle and one half is brake like in, say, Rfactor ), but its not working.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Ok, got it working now. I erased the keyboard commands in the keyboard collective and made sure only the analog collective was set to work. That seemed to do it. They may have been clashing with each other.