Kolmain

BIS Dynamic Groups Not Working

I've done my searches and tried both approaches to getting BIS' Dynamic Groups to work to no avail.

I've tried:

// initServer.sqf
["Initialize"] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups;  
// initPlayerLocal.sqf
["InitializePlayer", [player]] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups;  

And I've tried:

[color="#FF8040"][color="#191970"][b]if[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]isServer[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]then[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]spawn[/b][/color] EVO_fnc_initEVO[color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"Initialize"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]call[/b][/color] BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups[color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#191970"][b]if[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]([/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]isDedicated[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]|[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]|[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]![/b][/color][color="#191970"][b]hasInterface[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b])[/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]exitWith[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b]{[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]}[/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]
[color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#7A7A7A"]"InitializePlayer"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b],[/b][/color] [color="#8B3E2F"][b][[/b][/color][color="#000000"]player[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b]][/b][/color] [color="#191970"][b]call[/b][/color] BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups[color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

Nothing, not so much as an error message. Any ideas?

Hmm, I've used the first one and it worked fine, I could make a sample mission if you want to try.

Hmm, I've used the first one and it worked fine, I could make a sample mission if you want to try.

That'd be great. What do you do to bring up the dialog box?

Press "U"

Is there any way to force open the dialog via scripting?

Hi there,

Documentation is incoming, but here is how you can open the Dynamic Groups interface on a player's computer:

([] call BIS_fnc_displayMission) createDisplay "RscDisplayDynamicGroups";

• Like 1

Hi there,

Documentation is incoming, but here is how you can open the Dynamic Groups interface on a player's computer:

Hey Neokika, is there a way I can use that command to open this menu: http://i.imgur.com/bnTthSl.jpg ?

Sorry for "hijacking" this thread, just though I'd ask now.

Hi there,

Thanks neokika!

player addaction ["<t color='#CCCC00'>Group Management</t>","disableserialization; ([] call BIS_fnc_displayMission) createDisplay 'RscDisplayDynamicGroups'",nil,1,false,true,"",""];

• Like 1

On 3.12.2015 at 7:17 PM, madmax1337 said:

player addaction ["<t color='#CCCC00'>Group Management</t>","disableserialization; ([] call BIS_fnc_displayMission) createDisplay 'RscDisplayDynamicGroups'",nil,1,false,true,"",""];

This is a nice starter but if one wants to use this in multiplayer it needs to be placed in an objects' Init-field so that the Dynamic Groups functionality (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Dynamic_Groups) can then be accessed from the action menu (by scrolling the mouse wheel).

This would somehow need to be remoteExec'd for it to become available to all online players accessing a dedicated server.

How does one alter that code block in a way that it can then be remoteExec'd?

Is it possible to get the Groupname a Marker like : [Alpha1-1] Patrick Hurley. ?

for Altis Life in the playerTags.sqf