Sign in to follow this  
giorgygr

My self-hosted Dedi wont show on Internet tab for others (or me) -no static IP-

Why should be SO hard to host a Dedi server (on YOUR machine) like old days was about 1 minute work and BAM!.

I searched really hard among ARMA3 server wiki and other forums(this 1 included)..but cant find ANY solution.

I have port forwarded all related ports-running even Dora the Explorer as Admin..but nothing.

I m using TADST btw..and tried different sets of ports also to no avail..

I should note i dont have a static public IP (as lots of ppl i believe)

When i m trying to host ..i even checked the

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v0001?addr=[color=#ff0000]XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX[/color]

..with my *external IP reported by i.e. whatismyip.com ..and it says the server is UP.

Of course i believe ARMA (or STEAM) reads my *internal IP for reporting ..and maybe there is a conflict but...really guys this is going TOO far.

Any workaround/solution?

Edited by GiorgyGR

Maybe try the new upnp setting in the server.cfg?:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Server_Options

disable any software firewall that you might have running

The ports have changed since the old days (steam ports instead of gamespy ports etc):

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Port_Forwarding

incoming ports are the ones that need forwarding

Changing the game port automatically changes the steam ports by the same amount if you want to try that (see the Server2 example)

Yea ..i m afraid i tried before the *new UPNP setting ( i did it some minutes ago again tho)

Also tried before disabling Firewall and eventually create rules for everything

I have set the NAT traversal also.

Now i only see my server on LAN and RECENT tabs but no INTERNET as i used to

..and atm i dont have a friend to try to search for me.In some hours i ll find some friends probably to try..

..but i m not very optimistic for the result tbh

@jumbobreakfast

@Savage

Yup..i tried that 2.

Setting my *external IP server fails to create :/

Only available i can use is 19x.xxx.xxx (internal)

I couldn't host (as sharing router with our neighbours), but new upnp works well. No-one can see my server but remote connect is fine and good enough for what we need.

Maybe give that a try again rather than messing with ports etc.

edit: Tell a lie, it does appear, it just takes about 3 minutes to appear on the list

Edited by Das Attorney

@Das

So your hosted *Dedi server appears on "Internet" tab?

The upnp=1 is already on my config but "I" can see my server only at "Recent" and "LAN" tabs.

Couldnt find other guys today to search for my server's availability.Will try tommorow again but still..

This is FAR too much hasle in comparison with pre-STEAM era.

Yep, I open up a dedi hosted from my gaming PC and after 3 mins or so it appears in the "INTERNET" tab. Until that time it only appears in the "RECENT" and "LAN" tabs.

If I get my external IP and search "REMOTE" then I can find and connect to the server instantly, even if I cannot see it initially.

PS I would say it's about the same amount of hassle as pre-steam era (but with very slightly better browser) and different hassles xD

Try it and see, hope that helps you.

I was having the same problem with my groups server not showing up in the server list as well. Our fix was to make sure that Arma3server.exe was allowed through the firewall as well as Arma3launcher.exe. Both need to be added to the list of allowed programs to bypass windows firewall. If unsure how to do that for either a dedi server or on your own machine just google how to add program to windows firewall or something like that. Hope this helps.

Try this

1. Server not on default port
  2. Run as administrator
  3. Turn firewall off (Temporary testing) on both windows and the router
  4. Try by starting server first then client and then try the other way around

name the server something unusual like ZZXYZZ to make it easier to search and filter, the steam browser can be very very slow

First of all..

I want to thank all of you guys-making the effort to think and/or try helping me.

And to summarize..

1. Arma3server.exe /TADST.exe running as Admin

2. Tried Creating firewall rules/Disabling Firewall/Disabling AV

3. Opened mentioned router ports (and others -STEAM- mentioned on U tube videos)

4. ..the NAT traversal thingy/..the UPNP thingy

5. Different set of ports (more than 3 sets)

@jumbobreakfast

Thanks to your suggestion-using TCPview i watched the behavior of Arma3server.exe

First created the expected 4 ports

After some time a new port ~50000 opens

..and after some more time i m seeing new attempts (connections) of Arma3server.exe to send SYN (cookies) to

valve servers and similar.

Each connection is dropped after some seconds..and another 1 take its place on new (steam) server

Not a tech expert..but i assume my server notifies STEAM system for the availability of the server (and refreshes)