Sign in to follow this  
linuxmaster9

[WIP] Modern Tactical Thompson

I am working on this model of a Tactical Thompson. My goal is to submit this to the Breaking Point mod to improve the SMG selection in the mod.

6pt3th.png

m7588x.jpg

• Like 1

oooooh, these designs look really nice! can't wait to see them cooked up ingame.

Nice work :)

I really like the idea of this mod. It reminds me a lot of the updated WWII-era firearms that can be found in SilverGirl's superb work for the terrific "7.62 High Calibre" tactical game. http://bluesunmod.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/12526007-wip-silvergirl-s-weapon-addon

To be clear, it's understood that this is of your own creation, to do with as you please. I've contributed to mods for over 15 years now. My only concern is its planned exclusivity for the Breaking Point mod. It seems like there's more and more modding being done of an exclusive nature that makes it extremely challenging, if not impossible, to utilize said exclusive content in Arma 3's wonderful Editor to broaden one's ability to create a world of one's dreams.

This worries me. I've been an avid player of the Arma 3 from the very beginning, and one of its main strengths has been its modding community. For most of its history, said mods were made available to whomever wanted to try it out in the Editor. Crazy stuff could happen, even if it never left one's own computer. That is a huge part of Arma's charm. :)

So, I'm hoping that you'll seriously consider releasing it for the general public, and not make it an exclusive creation.

Whatever your decision, I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves. Good luck to you! :D

I really like the idea of this mod. It reminds me a lot of the updated WWII-era firearms that can be found in SilverGirl's superb work for the terrific "7.62 High Calibre" tactical game. http://bluesunmod.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/12526007-wip-silvergirl-s-weapon-addon

To be clear, it's understood that this is of your own creation, to do with as you please. I've contributed to mods for over 15 years now. My only concern is its planned exclusivity for the Breaking Point mod. It seems like there's more and more modding being done of an exclusive nature that makes it extremely challenging, if not impossible, to utilize said exclusive content in Arma 3's wonderful Editor to broaden one's ability to create a world of one's dreams.

This worries me. I've been an avid player of the Arma 3 from the very beginning, and one of its main strengths has been its modding community. For most of its history, said mods were made available to whomever wanted to try it out in the Editor. Crazy stuff could happen, even if it never left one's own computer. That is a huge part of Arma's charm. :)

So, I'm hoping that you'll seriously consider releasing it for the general public, and not make it an exclusive creation.

Whatever your decision, I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves. Good luck to you! :D

It is NOT exclusive to BP. Never was, Never will be. My Modelling skills are still growing but my rigging and animating and importing to Arma skills are nigh non-existent. I want to use the Arma community for QA and welcome any assistance in bringing this to fruition. Frankly, Breaking Point devs have mangled the ballistics of Arma 3 to fit their own profile so much so that you have to modify the stock Arma 3 weapons just to use them in the mod. That is one of the painful parts of BP modding. Another is their external mod-phobia. And their seeming belief that damn near all other devs are inferior to themselves. They shot down the idea of teaming up with the ACE3 dev team or even using their code in a fork for Breaking Point because they consider the devs in ACE3 (ACE, CSE, & AGM) to be inferior.

I like it! The variation in the front grip is cool, how about some variation in the but stock as well? Perhaps an M4 style telescoping stock and a G36 style folding stock? Keep up the good work!

From LinuxMaster9:

It is NOT exclusive to BP. Never was, Never will be.

:yay:

Yay!

This is very good news indeed!

I know what you mean about BP's weapon stats - they are extremely high. Their M4s hit with something like 20% more power than the stats found in virtually all other M4s that have ever been released.

In regards to all of the different ways that one could modernize the Thompson - well, there are 1,001 ways to skin a cat, and I say that if you're willing to explore multiple ways of modernizing this classic firearm, feel free to do so. You'll find nothing but encouragement from me. :) Releasing a pack of modified Thompson's would be very cool.

Whatever you choose to pursue, I'm utterly confident that a lot of people would dearly appreciate it if these upgraded Thompson's could also be outfitted with some cool looking drum magazines and/or some other form of high capacity ammo storage. They don't have to emulate the Prohibition Era "mafia" look at all, but that too would be a nice bonus for those who'd like to create missions with a more "law enforcement/defilement" approach to them. :)

Following!